Lady Gaga a Madonna Copycat

Lady Gaga a Madonna Copycat

There are 293 comments on the music-mix.ew.com story from Apr 26, 2011, titled Lady Gaga a Madonna Copycat. In it, music-mix.ew.com reports that:

One of the big gripes about Lady Gaga's chart-topping single "Born This Way" has been that it sounded just a little too much like Madonna's 1989 classic "Express Yourself" . But should you run into Gaga on the street-undoubtedly wearing football pads and a small animal on her head-it's best not to bring up the Material Girl, because she's clearly a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at music-mix.ew.com.

see the light

El Paso, TX

#271 Jul 7, 2012
Even though I like Ladyga ga, voice. I do not like her. She's ugly and since she has to copy Madonna, she clearly has no personality of her own.
Gaga for GAGA

Reynoldsburg, OH

#272 Jul 7, 2012
see the light wrote:
Even though I like Ladyga ga, voice. I do not like her. She's ugly and since she has to copy Madonna, she clearly has no personality of her own.
see the light wrote:
Lady Ga Ga is a Madonna copycat, that verges on plain stupid.At least Madonna did the shock thing,but Gag Ga is just plain dumb. It's like she's running out of ideas so she asks a one year old.
You like her but you don't like her?

Are you the one year old you referred to?
see the light

El Paso, TX

#273 Jul 7, 2012
Gaga for GAGA wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You like her but you don't like her?
Do you understand:I Like HER voice, but not the person she is.
Gaga for GAGA

Reynoldsburg, OH

#274 Jul 8, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand:I Like HER voice, but not the person she is.
So you like her but you don't like her?

Yes or No?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#275 Jul 8, 2012
She has a good voice but bad lyrical topics and image for the fans.
Gaga for GAGA

Reynoldsburg, OH

#277 Jul 9, 2012
silentkgenesis wrote:
She has a good voice but bad lyrical topics and image for the fans.
Go back to your Raffi sing-along CD.

“I'm a racist's worst nightmare”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#278 Jul 9, 2012
Even if she's ripping off Madonna, she's way better than Madonna
artpoop

Owen Sound, Canada

#279 Aug 14, 2012
Lady Blah Blah wrote:
Artistic value- 1 out of 10
Shocking value- 8 out of 10
Originality- 3 out of 10
Audience response- 2 out of 10
Message conveyed- NONE!
such as mess...:)
artpoop

Owen Sound, Canada

#280 Aug 14, 2012
Midwest City Alumni wrote:
Even if she's ripping off Madonna, she's way better than Madonna
....still GaGs is an ugly copycat with no substance!!!!:(
Gaga for GAGA

Reynoldsburg, OH

#281 Aug 16, 2012
artpoop wrote:
<quoted text>
....still GaGs is an ugly copycat with no substance!!!!:(
Another post calling Lady Gaga a copycat?

So very unoriginal.

This thread should be allowed to die of neglect.

Or, do you people enjoy repeating yourselves and others?

That takes no thought.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#283 Aug 16, 2012
I don't think so..
Yrue

Owen Sound, Canada

#284 Aug 29, 2012
Aussie Expat wrote:
Most civilised countries in Europe do not support morons like GaGa!!!
She is too dumb to be taken seriously. She is a sick 'trying hard wannabe' joke.
She should end up in Vegas or doing songs for tampon ads.
Hhahahahaha
Bimbo Madonna

Schenectady, NY

#285 Aug 29, 2012
Bimbo Madonna hasn't seen a fresh tampon in ages.

She should sell depends adult diapers.
Edge Of Coffin

Owen Sound, Canada

#286 Aug 29, 2012
Lady Gaga's Twitter Followers Are Spams
28,847,607—the number of Lady Gaga Twitter followers at the time of this article’s writing—is a pretty big number, one that Gaga has worked tirelessly for with her continual outreach to even her most disenfranchised Little Monsters, shouting out her fanbase at every possible opportunity and always letting them know that they come first. Answering fan tweets, retweeting them constantly—Gaga is among the most engaged and engaging pop stars over the Bluebird, earning her gargantuan following with sheer hustle.
Yet even with all her efforts, it looks like you still don’t get to 28,847,607 without a little bit of help. Social media company Status People reports that a staggering 71% of Gaga’s followers—roughly 20 million of them—are accounts that are either like inactive or belong to spam bots that don’t actually represent any human fan behind them. The research was done through a study of the singer’s 100,000 latest followers, of which only 29% were found to be “good” followers.
Of course, even if 20 million of those followers are un-good—and we doubt the number’s that high, since it seems pretty likely to us that more of Gaga’s new followers are spam these days, now that she’s been around for a while, then when she first arrived on the scene and generated huge amounts of legitimate human-fan interest—that still leaves 8 million good fans, which is, uh, more than we have here at Popdust. Hold your head up, Stefani.
z100. com
wowo

Ipoh, Malaysia

#287 Oct 7, 2012
Edge Of Coffin wrote:
Lady Gaga's Twitter Followers Are Spams
28,847,607—the number of Lady Gaga Twitter followers at the time of this article’s writing—is a pretty big number, one that Gaga has worked tirelessly for with her continual outreach to even her most disenfranchised Little Monsters, shouting out her fanbase at every possible opportunity and always letting them know that they come first. Answering fan tweets, retweeting them constantly—Gaga is among the most engaged and engaging pop stars over the Bluebird, earning her gargantuan following with sheer hustle.
Yet even with all her efforts, it looks like you still don’t get to 28,847,607 without a little bit of help. Social media company Status People reports that a staggering 71% of Gaga’s followers—roughly 20 million of them—are accounts that are either like inactive or belong to spam bots that don’t actually represent any human fan behind them. The research was done through a study of the singer’s 100,000 latest followers, of which only 29% were found to be “good” followers.
Of course, even if 20 million of those followers are un-good—and we doubt the number’s that high, since it seems pretty likely to us that more of Gaga’s new followers are spam these days, now that she’s been around for a while, then when she first arrived on the scene and generated huge amounts of legitimate human-fan interest—that still leaves 8 million good fans, which is, uh, more than we have here at Popdust. Hold your head up, Stefani.
z100. com
how stupid her fans.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#288 Oct 7, 2012
Benghazi is part of American and World history now. How will it go into the History books?
Too bad for Obama as there is no good outcome. Madonna should have out his name a foot lower.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#289 Oct 7, 2012
Will Lady GAGA stand up for Chris Stevens the way she stood up for the gays?
Let's see what kind of hypocrite she really is.

Since: Oct 12

Chicago, IL

#290 Oct 25, 2012
Lady Gaga is a garbage..just like her fashion and art.
Ever since Lady GaGa started wearing crazy outfits, everyone did it.

Since: Oct 12

Chicago, IL

#291 Oct 25, 2012
Gaga for GAGA

Reynoldsburg, OH

#292 Oct 27, 2012
juliazoe4 wrote:
Lady Gaga is a garbage..just like her fashion and art.
Ever since Lady GaGa started wearing crazy outfits, everyone did it.
juliazoe4 wrote:

11 year olds don't have much going in the critical thinking department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's Simply Impossible to Not Like Kelly Clarkson 4 hr The Salsoul Orche... 1
I need a techno song's title please! 13 hr starspeech 1
News See Morrissey Cover Waylon's 'Are You Sure Hank... Thu Who 2
News CD 101.9 drops jazz for "adult rock" format (Feb '08) Thu jazzdude 605
News Celine Dion rehearses for her new show in The C... Sep 1 Cherokeeelvis60 2
News 'Elvis Presley Forever' CD goes postal: debuts ... Sep 1 Cherokeeelvis60 3
Free alternative music app Aug 31 Rick Hennig 1
More from around the web