Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian'

There are 20 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 24, 2009, titled Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian'. In it, CBS News reports that:

Michael Jackson's brother says the King of Pop was a "wonderful humanitarian" who considered it important to help others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 382
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Mooresville, NC

#2 Jul 24, 2009
Perhaps so. He did seem to be very troubled, though. Here's hoping he has found the peace now that eluded him during his life.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 07

Oakdale, CA

#3 Jul 24, 2009
Mike was insane. He appeared normal as a kid, but the culture produced a talented nut over time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Say what

Herndon, VA

#4 Jul 24, 2009
Michael Jackson.

A humanitarian?

&*@#^*%$@#&! &@%$*!^

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cherianne

Johannesburg, South Africa

#5 Jul 24, 2009
What ever makes them happy!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ding dong, Wacko's DEAD”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#6 Jul 24, 2009
scout wrote:
Mike was insane. He appeared normal as a kid, but the culture produced a talented nut over time.
Culture? CULTURE? Try blaming his whacked out, nutball, religious-zealot, money-hungry, bunch-of-leeches family for what he was.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Open your eyes, people”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 24, 2009
Obama not my president wrote:
This world is in trouble when we call a Child molesting drug attic freak a Humanitarian and elect a radical such as Obama who is running this country down the tubes in record time!
Thomas Jefferson and George Washington where both Slave Owners, but they are still consider Great Men because of the other things they did with their live.

If the only things ANYONE was ever judged by were the worst things they'd ever done, NOBODY would be considered worth a damn. So, Michael Jackson donating over $50,000,000 of his wealth to charity DOES make him a "Wonderful Humanitarian" by any definition of the word.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Open your eyes, people”

Location hidden

#8 Jul 24, 2009
Dark_Island wrote:
<quoted text>
Culture? CULTURE? Try blaming his whacked out, nutball, religious-zealot, money-hungry, bunch-of-leeches family for what he was.
Did you know Michael Jackson, PERSONALLY? Reading your post, I'd think you did.

“Open your eyes, people”

Location hidden

#9 Jul 24, 2009
Say what wrote:
Michael Jackson.
A humanitarian?
&*@#^*%$@#&! &@%$*!^
If all the money Michael Jackson donated to charity was to fall on your head, you'd be a dead man. So, yes, Michael Jackson was a Humanitarian.

ACCEPT IT!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Kids ...”

Since: Jan 09

Don't do drugs! <Hee-Hee>

#10 Jul 24, 2009
Marvin in Denver wrote:
<quoted text>
If all the money Michael Jackson donated to charity was to fall on your head, you'd be a dead man. So, yes, Michael Jackson was a Humanitarian.
ACCEPT IT!
Prove that Wacko ever gave a singly penny to charity.

The only evidence you'll find is a lot of f'loonsites screaming: "HE GAVE 300 GAZILLION DOLLARZ".

There are no legal documents to support this. Nor are there any kind of credible sources that support that. In fact, Wacko himself claimed in a court deposition that he never intended to give a single penny to the hurricane Katrina victims, despite having worked on a "charity" single for them. The royalties to "We Are The World" went to Wacko himself and he had control over them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 09

Mooresville, NC

#11 Jul 24, 2009
Marvin in Denver wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson and George Washington where both Slave Owners, but they are still consider Great Men because of the other things they did with their live.
If the only things ANYONE was ever judged by were the worst things they'd ever done, NOBODY would be considered worth a damn. So, Michael Jackson donating over $50,000,000 of his wealth to charity DOES make him a "Wonderful Humanitarian" by any definition of the word.
If your numbers are correct, that is very impressive. Which charities did he give to?

“Ding dong, Wacko's DEAD”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12 Jul 24, 2009
Marvin in Denver wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know Michael Jackson, PERSONALLY? Reading your post, I'd think you did.
I did. Did you?

Now where's your PROOF he was a great humanitarian? Nothing "his people" submitted to anywhere will be accepted as proof.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kimberly

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Jul 24, 2009
Dark_Island wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. Did you?
Now where's your PROOF he was a great humanitarian? Nothing "his people" submitted to anywhere will be accepted as proof.
like we really believe you KNEW michael. you may have met him BUT you DID NOT know him. if you did, YOU would NOT post all the trash you post on every michael thread you can find. show a little respect for his family

Since: Feb 09

I'm just sayin'

#14 Jul 24, 2009
He's a sweety.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jul 24, 2009
I'm not a Michael Jackson fan, and he may or may not have had some incidents with kids, but you are just a total JACKASS if you don't know/acknowledge all the work he did do for charities in his life. Here is just a brief summary:

http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/113-m...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Kids ...”

Since: Jan 09

Don't do drugs! <Hee-Hee>

#16 Jul 24, 2009
TN Reader wrote:
I'm not a Michael Jackson fan, and he may or may not have had some incidents with kids, but you are just a total JACKASS if you don't know/acknowledge all the work he did do for charities in his life. Here is just a brief summary:
http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/113-m...
In 1992, he established the Heal The World Foundation, whose work has included airlifting 6 tons of supplies to Sarajevo
Yeah right. In 1992, during the siege of Sarajevo, where any air transport was physically impossible -- Wacko and his crew somehow magically sent 6 TONS of supplies? <guffaw>

Sorry, that's nothing but pure PR shit. I'm from Bosnia and I witnessed the whole thing firsthand.
Another Poster

United States

#18 Jul 24, 2009
In his will, Michael Jackson left 40% of his estate to his mother, 40% to his children and the remaining 20% to charities.
Another Poster

United States

#19 Jul 24, 2009
Since the early 1980's Michael Jackson has been a heavy contributor to charitable organizations and ideas. He was actually listed in The Guinness Book of World Records Millenium Edition as the Pop Star who donated to the most charitable organizations. The list of organizations can be found at Jackson Action which provides a time line of all Michael Jackson's charity endeavours.

Some of the charities Michael Jackson supported were Make A Wish Foundation, Minority Aids Project, Angel Food, American Cancer Society, Society of Singers, Heal the World Foundation and the list goes on.

Michael Jackson has been most noted for his support to help famine-relief efforts in Africa by writing the song "We are the World" with Lionel Ritchie. The song was produced by Quincy Jones and was performed by Michael Jackson and 45 other well known musicians, friends and actors, including Stevie Wonder, Huey Lewis, Cyndi Lauper, Billy Joel, Dionne Warwick, Steve Perry, Kenny Loggins, Bruce Springsteen and Daryl Hall, just to name a few.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#20 Jul 24, 2009
lawl wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yeah right. In 1992, during the siege of Sarajevo, where any air transport was physically impossible -- Wacko and his crew somehow magically sent 6 TONS of supplies? <guffaw>
Sorry, that's nothing but pure PR shit. I'm from Bosnia and I witnessed the whole thing firsthand.
Read again... carefully...

It didn't say the supplies were airlifted in 1992. It says the foundation that was responsible for airlifting the supplies in was CREATED in 1992. It is non-specific about when those supplies were airlifted in, it just states that after that foundation was created, it was responsible for air lifting in 6 tons of supplies. It doesn't say that any or all of them were airlifted in 1992, just that, at some point, and over a period of time, 6 tons were airlifted in.

I would be willing to bet that they are talking about a time after the air siege, and for the purposes of that short blurb, combined the total weight of supplies that they helped air lift in over an unspecified amount of time.

You are reading what you WANT to read out of that and drawing your own conclusions. For that fact, I am probably doing the same thing.

A lot of celebrities donate huge sums of money and time to charity. Of course they can certainly afford to at their level of wealth. Just because they can afford to drop millions on humanitarian aid though, doesn't make it any less noble. A lot of people in the world that are worth millions or billions wouldn't lift a finger to aid their fellow man.

I'm just saying that Jackson is not the demon that a lot of people want to make him out to be. He HAS done SOME good in his life.
Another Poster

United States

#21 Jul 24, 2009
Organizations

The Millennium-Issue of the "Guinness Book Of Records" names Michael as the Pop Star who supports the most charity organizations. The following projects are supported by Michael Jackson:

AIDS Project L.A.
American Cancer Society
Angel Food
Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
BMI Foundation
Brotherhood Crusade
Brothman Burn Center
Camp Ronald McDonald
Childhelp U.S.A.
Children's Institute International
Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
Congressional Black Caucus
Dakar Foundation
Dreamstreet Kids
Dreams Come True Charity
Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
Heal The World Foundation
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Love Match
Make A Wish Foundation
Minority Aids Project
Motown Museum
NAACP
National Rainbow Coalition
Rotary Club of Australia
Society of Singers
Starlight Foundation
The Carter Center's Atlanta Project
The Sickle Cell Research Foundation
Transafrica
United Negro College Fund
United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope
Volunteers of America
Watts Summer Festival
Wish Granting
YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw

Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America
Another Poster

United States

#22 Jul 24, 2009
Celebrities

Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson

Charities

Boys' and Girls' Clubs of America, Childhelp USA, Children's Defense Fund, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Jane Goodall Institute, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Prince's Trust, Ronald McDonald House Charities, TJ Martell Foundation, United Negro College Fund

Causes

Abuse, AIDS, Animals, At-Risk/Disadvantaged Youths, Cancer, Children, Education, Environment, Family/Parent Support, Health, Mental Challenges, Physical Challenges

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 382
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zac Brown Band Take Chances at Jekyll + Hyde To... 18 hr unlearned 1
News Watch Baltimore's Michael Jackson Protestor Per... Sat Amazing Grace 2
News Jax parade and concert: 'American Idol' hopeful... Sat All That I Am 1
News a Stand By Mea R&B legend Ben E. King dead at 76 Fri nothingbutexisting 1
News Singer Freddy Fender dies at age 69 (Oct '06) Fri rob 9
Need free quality mp3 converter!!! Apr 29 CharlieSavard 2
News Fifth Harmony to play Maryland State Fair Apr 28 Bridgette 1
More from around the web