Heavy metal smackdown: Metallica vs. ...

Heavy metal smackdown: Metallica vs. AC/DC

There are 50 comments on the Metromix Indianapolis story from Sep 18, 2009, titled Heavy metal smackdown: Metallica vs. AC/DC. In it, Metromix Indianapolis reports that:

Two of the biggest institutions in hard rock, Metallica and AC/DC, are hitting the road in support of new albums.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Metromix Indianapolis.

“Republicans are The Devil”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle Wa.

#25 Jun 5, 2010
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ozzy's not even a pimple on his own ass anymore.
Corey Taylor is the best metal vocalist of the generation.
They have had all these guys that are great. David Coverdale, David Lee Roth, Bruce Dickenson etc. Etc.... Thing about Ozzy is. He doesn't have the greatest voice in the business and yet he packs stadiums 40 years into his career. That's alot. Will Corey Taylor be around in 30 Years? Ozzy Rules!!!!!
The Darbinator

Alpharetta, GA

#26 Jun 5, 2010
Space Cowboy, you don't know what metal is if you are putting Slipknot above Metallica. Slipknot sucks and screamo shit doesn't count as REAL metal. Real metal is Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, System of a Down, etc.

Screamo can suck my nuts!

And AC/DC and Metallica have not gotten worse, they have both had their rough patches. For Metallica it was with Load, ReLoad, and St. Anger. For AC/DC it was around the Stiff Upper Lip era. But they both released kick ass albums in 2008 that put them back on top. They are just as good as they used to be!
cameron is madd

Australia

#28 Jun 6, 2010
and what i mean by old and shit is that they were old and stuff nnot shit as in bad.
Michael

Hamilton, New Zealand

#29 Oct 29, 2013
Anti-Saint wrote:
AC/DC used to be good.
Metallica used to be good.
Everything sucks now.
Enjoy living in the past, my friend.
Michael

Hamilton, New Zealand

#30 Oct 29, 2013
Metallica beats AC/DC every time, for me. But AC/DC with Bon Scott are a force to be reckoned with. So, in the end, Metallica, for me. Nothing beats 'Ride the Lightning!''FOR WHOOOMMM DA BELL TOOOOLLLLLSSS!!!
Not an Anon

Paramus, NJ

#31 Nov 17, 2013
Between Metallica and AC/DC, I'd have to vote for Megadeth.
Sal666

Canton, OH

#32 Dec 3, 2013
triple6vamp wrote:
For whom the bell tolls....
.....yes oh... Yes Corey Taylor is the voice of a new generation. Bet his influences probably include Hetfield.
Metallica Suck

Albany, NY

#33 Mar 3, 2014
King Diamond should have made the force, not money sucking Metallica.
Big mike

Yorktown Heights, NY

#34 Mar 4, 2014
Me I am a kiss fan

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35 Mar 4, 2014
out of the 2
AC/DC in their day, superior
Metallica, overall
Metallica Suck

Albany, NY

#36 Mar 4, 2014
Bon Scott was superior because he knew how to emote true emotion out of his performances without ever being phony. AC/DC was never really a Heavy Metal band but rather, high voltage boogie. The band was at its best in the early years. It was high energy rock n roll of then teenage lust. The riffs are still catchy and pack a punch without fail. Bon Scott's work with them is still listenable because their sound was based on the basic rock n roll structure, speeded up.

Today, AC/DC are just too wealthy and too old to take seriously.
Siegfried

Germany

#37 Mar 11, 2014
Metallica is the Best
Siegfried

Germany

#38 Mar 11, 2014
AC/DC ? What is that ?
Siegfried

Germany

#39 Mar 11, 2014
AC= Anti Christ
M Robert

Yorktown Heights, NY

#40 Mar 11, 2014
Kiss is the best of all time
Siegfried

Germany

#41 Mar 12, 2014
M Robert wrote:
Kiss is the best of all time
true Rockers no Need to dress up like Clowns.
Metallica Suck

Albany, NY

#42 Mar 13, 2014
Kiss is still around packing arenas and selling multi-platinum albums. Metallica lip sync through their so called shows while they pretend to play their laughable instruments. Kiss still play one hundred percent live. Of course, they are way older than the overhyped, wimpy Metallica but they do not rip off their audience. Kiss has lasted longer than any other Heavy Metal band on earth and are the true masters of rock. They sound the same and look the same. The aging Metallica are sell outs to the corporation of recording industry frauds. All for as much money they can grab. They might as well go on stage wearing three piece suits and ties. Metallica covered corporate FM radio "Turn The Page" A massive suck job of blowing their not to bright retarded fans out of their milk money. Kiss still rock. Long live Gene, Paul, Peter and Ace.
M Robert

Yorktown Heights, NY

#43 Mar 14, 2014
Siegfried wrote:
<quoted text>
true Rockers no Need to dress up like Clowns.
what ever no matter they are still the greatest band of all time
M Robert

Yorktown Heights, NY

#44 Mar 14, 2014
Metallica Suck wrote:
Kiss is still around packing arenas and selling multi-platinum albums. Metallica lip sync through their so called shows while they pretend to play their laughable instruments. Kiss still play one hundred percent live. Of course, they are way older than the overhyped, wimpy Metallica but they do not rip off their audience. Kiss has lasted longer than any other Heavy Metal band on earth and are the true masters of rock. They sound the same and look the same. The aging Metallica are sell outs to the corporation of recording industry frauds. All for as much money they can grab. They might as well go on stage wearing three piece suits and ties. Metallica covered corporate FM radio "Turn The Page" A massive suck job of blowing their not to bright retarded fans out of their milk money. Kiss still rock. Long live Gene, Paul, Peter and Ace.
i could not agree more long live kiss
M Robert

Yorktown Heights, NY

#45 Mar 14, 2014
Metallica Suck wrote:
right on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Best Eurodance (1992 - 1998) Song? (Mar '09) 3 hr Eagles 18
News Who Would Jesus Deport? (Jul '14) Tue Lickz4003 143
New DJ Tue Super Ron 1
Blackstar and Egnater amps are cheap unreliable... (Aug '13) Mon esp 3
News Dylan writes Nobel Prize fest speech; Patti Smi... Mon Dr Wu 1
News Review: Alice Cooper's Christmas Pudding Mon Pasquali 1
HELP! 90's song with robot/alien voice (Nov '14) Dec 5 Poweru 54
More from around the web