Heavy metal smackdown: Metallica vs. ...

Heavy metal smackdown: Metallica vs. AC/DC

There are 50 comments on the Metromix Indianapolis story from Sep 18, 2009, titled Heavy metal smackdown: Metallica vs. AC/DC. In it, Metromix Indianapolis reports that:

Two of the biggest institutions in hard rock, Metallica and AC/DC, are hitting the road in support of new albums.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Metromix Indianapolis.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Iron Maiden

Medford, MA

#1 Sep 22, 2009
Some cock rock band vs. a once good, now shitty, sellout band. Yes, I wonder who is better.
cameron is madd

Darwin, Australia

#2 May 16, 2010
Iron Maiden wrote:
Some cock rock band vs. a once good, now shitty, sellout band. Yes, I wonder who is better.
shows that your a dick head.

Since: Dec 08

Colorado

#3 May 21, 2010
I saw Metallica in Denver almost two years ago. I was impressed. They were still relevant, still loud, and nobody broke any hips or anything. lol I like them both, but to me the new ACDC got old much faster than they have.
cameron is madd

Darwin, Australia

#4 May 25, 2010
check out my pubes at maddcunt.com
The Darbinator

Alpharetta, GA

#5 May 29, 2010
AC/DC is not METAL you idiots! They are purely hard rock. It is so obvious. When I think hard rock, I think AC/DC. They are not metal at all.

Now who is better? That is tough cauz they are different genres. Metallica is my favorite metal band of all time. AC/DC is one of my favorite hard rock bands behind Van Halen and Led Zeppelin. I love both bands very much and they both had great albums released in 2008. Black Ice was a great return for AC/DC who still sound like their old selves. Death Magnetic was an EXTREMELY great revival for Metallica because their last three albums (Load, ReLoad, and St. Anger) were good but different from their typical thrash sound. Magnetic made them thrash again.

So, for remaining consistant in their sound, AC/DC takes the cake. But overall, I like Metallica better as a band. They have better and more diverse-sounding music. METALLICA GETS ME PUMPED AND HEAD-BANGING EVERYTIME!
Jazzman

Lynchburg, VA

#6 May 30, 2010
AC/DC same with Aerosmith have been part of movie sound tracks but i don't see how that makes them sell out.What it has done is opened them up to whole new younger listening crowd, my grandson loves AC/DC. As for who is better as someone else said one is Hard Rock and one is Metal. AC/DC has been solid in the past and Metallica has missed the mark until their last release so i would have to say AC/DC. But again two different types of music, I can't work in my garage and run power tools while banging to Metallica i might lose a finger or something.
cameron is madd

Darwin, Australia

#7 May 30, 2010
same as i cant run power tools while im banging your mom i might take out my eye or somthin

“Republicans are The Devil”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle Wa.

#8 May 30, 2010
Iron Maiden wrote:
Black Sabbath is.

Seattle Wa.

#9 May 30, 2010
Iron Maiden wrote:
Paul D'anno is waaaaay better then Dickenson.
lordofthge7strin gs

Fort Campbell, TN

#10 May 31, 2010
DUDE wtf I mean ACDC vs METALLICA just ONE METALLICA song OFF of and justice for all cd would kill any ACDC albumn I mean * 9 min jam vs. 3 or 4 min wtf not even fair metallica WINS

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#12 Jun 1, 2010
They both suck.

Pantera & Slipknot kick everyones ass!

Seattle Wa.

#14 Jun 1, 2010
Space Cowboy wrote:
They both suck.
Not even a pimple on Ozzy's Buttocks!

“Stuff and nothing else.”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Jun 2, 2010
AC/DC used to be good.
Metallica used to be good.

Everything sucks now.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#16 Jun 2, 2010
sabbathrules1960 wrote:
<quoted text>Not even a pimple on Ozzy's Buttocks!
Ozzy's not even a pimple on his own ass anymore.

Corey Taylor is the best metal vocalist of the generation.
pigmen

United States

#17 Jun 2, 2010
whiskey gin and brandy come in mighty handy.....keep your half a fhag band...weve got the biggest balls of them all

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#18 Jun 2, 2010
For whom the bell tolls....
cameron is madd

Darwin, Australia

#19 Jun 2, 2010
Space Cowboy wrote:
They both suck.
I thin your a dumbass to mention such greatness like pantera next to slipknot. I think he has no balls. Shuch a shred master like dime compared to shit like slipknot. philip anselmo is the most awsom vocalist of all time, and you compare him to them dicks you are retarded
jo0j

Auburn, ME

#20 Jun 2, 2010
a bunch of F'in kids here. Go to an AC/DC concert now or don't bother having an opinion. As good as ever.
cameron is madd

Darwin, Australia

#23 Jun 2, 2010
pigmen wrote:
whiskey gin and brandy come in mighty handy.....keep your half a fhag band...weve got the biggest balls of them all
DID you quote the ACDC song big balls cos that is a madddddd song
pigmen

United States

#24 Jun 3, 2010
if your name is on the guest list no one can take you higher the social pages say weve got great balls a fire.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kanye West to receive Video Vanguard Award at 2... Thu huh 2
new music Thu nuqady 1
News Celine Dion rehearses for her new show in The C... Aug 26 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Looking for producer Aug 26 adrianc2899 1
News 'Elvis Presley Forever' CD goes postal: debuts ... Aug 26 jim - 2
News Your taste in music may predict how you think, ... Aug 24 Lekso 6
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Aug 23 Lani 152
More from around the web