Newman writes new political song

Sep 18, 2012 Full story: WNDY-TV Indianapolis 16

Randy Newman is weighing in on the presidential election, and he's playing the race card through a song he wrote called "I'm Dreaming." The piano tune features the refrain: "I'm dreaming of a white president." It is full of satirical, sarcastic -- and signature -- Newman anecdotes about someone who votes for the president because he is white.

Full Story

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington Station, NY

#1 Sep 18, 2012
I'd rather have a President than a fundraising campaigner.

Michelle is finally proud of barack's menu.
Gravediggers

United States

#4 Sep 18, 2012
Again, WHO CARES what actors, singers, performers THINK or SAY?

And that's whether they support republicans or democrats.

It's the media hyping what some bizarro people in Hollywood THINK.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#5 Sep 18, 2012
Continued use of illegal drugs cause a lot of residual damage to a person's mind. Newman strove for simplicity in addressing human issues, but submerged himself in self-imposed Alzheimer's Disease long ago. He's now intellectually castrated.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#6 Sep 18, 2012
racists on both sides of the political fence and racial fence. the mainstream media and hollywood are quick to jump on white racism. i would wager to say there are a whole lot more black people who vote based on race than whites. why is that not an issue?
Gaga for GAGA

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 Sep 18, 2012
The US is easy pickings. I dare Randy Newman to write a song about those dickhead muslims.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#9 Sep 18, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
racists on both sides of the political fence and racial fence. the mainstream media and hollywood are quick to jump on white racism. i would wager to say there are a whole lot more black people who vote based on race than whites. why is that not an issue?
Being rich, Newman probably doesn't mix much with the lower orders so he is going by what he reads or what his Hollywood buddies say or what he see's on MSNBC.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Huntington Station, NY

#10 Sep 18, 2012
Gaga for GAGA wrote:
The US is easy pickings. I dare Randy Newman to write a song about those dickhead muslims.
He should write a song about the scourge of the American black.

This is what sociologists in Europe call it.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#11 Sep 18, 2012
Randy Newman... Race is an issue.

Martin Luther King... Character is an issue.

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#12 Sep 18, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
Again, WHO CARES what actors, singers, performers THINK or SAY?
And that's whether they support republicans or democrats.
It's the media hyping what some bizarro people in Hollywood THINK.
Assuming you're reffering to Rush, O'Reilly & FOX et al, I couldn't agree more!
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#13 Sep 18, 2012
********** REMEMBER IN NOVEMBR **********

1- When you think of 9/22, think of muslims.
2- When you think of muslims, think of 9/11.
2- When you think of Barrack HUSSEIN Obama, think of 1 & 2.

HUSSEIN is an illegal and corrupt islamofascist African warlord.

The ghetto crowd and illegal Mexicans care less what happens to this country or around the world, as long as they don't have to work for a living.
As long as hard-working tax payers support them.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#14 Sep 18, 2012
mjjcpa wrote:
I'd rather have a President than a fundraising campaigner.
Michelle is finally proud of barack's menu.
All rugby does is fundraisers. And when there's not one scheduled, what does he do? Invites in the press for some Q&A and has a foot sandwich.
Dysfunction crampaign from top to bottom. The not-ready-for-prime-time-playe rs. Oh and Newman? Another 70's wash-up.

hahahahahahahaha
Who

Wyoming, MI

#15 Sep 18, 2012
DirtyDeedsDoneDirtCheap wrote:
Randy always was a satirical SOB, and pokes fun at things without really hating on them.
If you people had a sense of humor, you'd already know this.
Political Science
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PGO42gvCSPIXX
Really?

This song would be considered "racist" if it were meant to help elect Romney. Would you consider it "satire" then?

Liberals are all 2-faced lying bastards.

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#16 Sep 18, 2012
I miss Tom Lerher...

“have seen the years,”

and the slow parade of fears"

#18 Sep 18, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
All rugby does is fundraisers. And when there's not one scheduled, what does he do? Invites in the press for some Q&A and has a foot sandwich.
Dysfunction crampaign from top to bottom. The not-ready-for-prime-time-playe rs. Oh and Newman? Another 70's wash-up.
hahahahahahahaha
These are the same people who thought President Clinton's sex life was not only their business (more like a perverted obsession), but tried to destroy him because of it? Thank God that backfired.
Romney's comments, not all of which have been released yet, are considered to be as immoral AND amoral as is possible to anyone with any decency. The arrogant and ignorant philosophies that Romney expressed at that fundraiser in Florida are far, far more destructive to the foundations this country was built on than any blow job.
Thanks to Romney being such a f-up, it is very likely that President Obama will win the election. The only thing that worries me now is whether we can make sure they don't mess with the ballots.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#19 Sep 18, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the same people who thought President Clinton's sex life was not only their business (more like a perverted obsession), but tried to destroy him because of it? Thank God that backfired.
Romney's comments, not all of which have been released yet, are considered to be as immoral AND amoral as is possible to anyone with any decency. The arrogant and ignorant philosophies that Romney expressed at that fundraiser in Florida are far, far more destructive to the foundations this country was built on than any blow job.
Thanks to Romney being such a f-up, it is very likely that President Obama will win the election. The only thing that worries me now is whether we can make sure they don't mess with the ballots.
You forget Clinton did lie under oath.
It appears Democrats already have forgotten Obama's acceptance speech at the DNC convention last week. Obama reminded the crowd just how much they needed him and government programs.

“have seen the years,”

and the slow parade of fears"

#20 Sep 18, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget Clinton did lie under oath.
It appears Democrats already have forgotten Obama's acceptance speech at the DNC convention last week. Obama reminded the crowd just how much they needed him and government programs.
"You forget Clinton did lie under oath."
I never addressed that genius, though it was the real issue. Better late than never, I guess.
There is still no comparison between the two when it comes to their impact on this country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cumberbatch Calls For Pardons For Gay Men 2 hr Fa-Foxy 26
looking for a studio and rap producer (Feb '08) 3 hr caroberry 247
James Safechuck Claims Michael Jackson Kept Him... (May '14) 10 hr mjfriend 546
I'm number 1 on the ReverbNation Hip Hop Local ... Fri PRESLEY aka KRONIK 1
I'm number 48 on the ReverbNation Hip Hop Natio... Fri PRESLEY aka KRONIK 1
The ReverbNation Hip Hop Local charts (Top 10). Fri PRESLEY aka KRONIK 1
Matthew Good Jan 29 championofnothing 1
More from around the web