New Music to Listen to Sijay’s New Ne...

New Music to Listen to Sijay’s New Neo-Soul Songs – Particularly “Detroit Club”

Posted in the Music Forum

Since: Jul 08

Encino, CA

#1 Nov 14, 2012
I stumbled upon an artist named Sijay (pronounced CJ) who has a genre of music I couldn’t fully identify. I’m going to call it Neo Soul music with R&B and Jazz influences. It’s very soothing yet edgy and outside the box. So I looked into the artist – Sijay – and found out he used to be an electronic/dance artist! What a transition – I think this music suits his talent much better.
He’s apparently quite an ecclectic guy whose songwriting skills are evident in this response when he was asked about who he thinks his audience is.“Probably either a college student or a recent college graduate from a liberal arts college. When they aren’t on Facebook or blogging about which 90’s Nickelodeon show was the best, they are dabbling at their musical instruments, going to swanky bars smartly dressed to see jazz bands, and taking their significant others out to sushi. They are established and smart, but not too good to gulp down cheap red wine with a group of friends while listening to Jethro Tull, or NPR.”
He goes on to say “They are musically smart, but not professionals. They know what time signatures are and can play at least beginner chords on piano and guitar. They would never tell you they were good, but they might just surprise you if you get some beer in them!”
Check out his single “Detroit Club” and let me know how you would describe his music. Go to http://bit.ly/SijayDetroitClubSngl to hear for yourself!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Make It Rain Love My Way" By Tony Adamo/Free Mp3 Sep 18 tonyadamo 1
The band queen copied Justin bieber! (Sep '13) Sep 18 CajunKing1987 24
News Nick Cannon Responds To Eminem Diss Track (Aug '09) Sep 18 BlownPiston 17
Drake new single "Signs" Sep 13 juangotti 2
New York, Atlanta & LA Rappers......... Sep 12 juangotti 1
Will Allen Iverson ever drop his Album Sep 12 juangotti 1
Virginia Black in Hiphop............... Sep 12 juangotti 1
More from around the web