Mauritian Sham Marriages to EU

Posted in the Mauritius, Mauritius Forum

Johnny

UK

#1 Jan 28, 2012
I would like to get some opinions on how widespread the problem is of mauritian that marry eu citizens just to gain a right to stay in europe and then leave them once they have their permission. I believe the figure is very high as I have come accross alot of instances where say a girl (usually) has trapped an eu citizen into marriage usually on grounds that her religion, culture, her parents not acceptting her living with a man outside of marriage, the list goes on and on.Ultimately this girl is only interested in one thing a marriage visa which is known in mauritius as a fool proof way to stay permanently in europe. What these girls do to men that trust them is break their hearts and destroy their chances of having a genuine relationship with a girl. It is a very selfish and cruel thing for a mauritian girl to do but it happens alot. She is only interested in her benefit and the man that thinks she loves him is being led into a disaster. If anyone knows of girls that have this intention of doing this to an eu citizen please consider the damage they do to the victims lives. It is not simply getting married and then leaving the man after a year or two. It is an incredibly heartless act and just because they were born on mauritius does not give you the right to destroy other people's lives in order to change their own.
Rave

Floréal, Mauritius

#3 Jul 28, 2012
Nothing to do with being Mauritian. I know that Eu shitheads are coming strongly against mauritius. I think if you look into it well, it is not only some few mauritians doing it, but it is common everwhere else with people form any developing or third world countries.
As to what majority of Mauritians are concerned, let me tell you that we are still very conservative. Our divorce rate is very less compared to eu countries. That's because we still do not want to marry someone who already slept with somebody else... compared to Eu.
So stop generalizing and pointing your finger on Mauritius.
Akhil

Danville, CA

#4 Sep 13, 2012
I agree with Rave, the above person might have been dumped bcause of his sorry pathetic behavior (thats a different case altogether) and i have heard cases of europeans divorcing their wife and marrying the ex wifes sister. So stop being a hippocrite and pointing fingrs and generalizing.
Rave wrote:
Nothing to do with being Mauritian. I know that Eu shitheads are coming strongly against mauritius. I think if you look into it well, it is not only some few mauritians doing it, but it is common everwhere else with people form any developing or third world countries.
As to what majority of Mauritians are concerned, let me tell you that we are still very conservative. Our divorce rate is very less compared to eu countries. That's because we still do not want to marry someone who already slept with somebody else... compared to Eu.
So stop generalizing and pointing your finger on Mauritius.
Lotus flower

Slough, UK

#6 Mar 24, 2014
I am a french woman and this happened to me as well. I dated a mauritian guy and he dumped me as he was only interested in marriage for visa but as I was taking time he had another plan of making easy money here with betting and winning then changed his mind about me to go back to mauritius.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mauritius, Mauritius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a native English-French translator ... (Apr '09) Dec 7 Bertrand 2
Air Mauri crew: Bobby, Devya and Isabelle - all... (May '09) Dec 7 SIROZANANA BEL PI... 41
Mr Charming Bobby from Air Mauritius (Jan '09) Nov 30 Pizaman UK 81
"soleiman reza" wants to mass genocide mauritia... Sep '14 Anti-Racism 1
Marich Nationalist Organisation Sep '14 Anti-Racism 2
Car Rental in Mauritius (Feb '13) Jul '14 sam1413 2
MH370: Planes, ships scour 'treacherous' ocean (Mar '14) Mar '14 GO AWAY COPRO GO 14
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:36 am PST