Should the Xanadu Indoor Ski Slope Allow Snowboarders ?

Posted in the Xanadu Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18

Since: Nov 07

Essex Fells

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

A lot of skiers complain about crazy snowboarders
ruining their trails and endangering them on their runs. With limited slope space at the new indoor
facility at Meadowlands Xanadu some skiers are already saying that their slope time should be given preference.

What do you think? Should Snowboarders be limited in time and access at this new facility?
SkiD1

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

No way.

The best places are like Deer Valley which does not allow snowboarding.
nycboarder77

Nyack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

Snowboarders are the single reason why the Resort Industry has been experiencing huge growth in the last few years.From what I heard there are going to be several Snowboard specific features at this facility.
Xanaduman

Roseland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

nycboarder77 wrote:
Snowboarders are the single reason why the Resort Industry has been experiencing huge growth in the last few years.From what I heard there are going to be several Snowboard specific features at this facility.
I think they will pretty much duplicate what Xanadu Madrid does with their indoor slope. After
watching the Red Bull show in NYC Friday anything is possible. Who thought Manhattan could make a 90' drop overnite. Awesom..
brandon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

Judged:

i think they should allow it because not everyone is crazy on a snowboard some people just want somewhere to snowboard year round i personaly think xanadu would make more money
Matt

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Judged:

Its not the crazy snowboarders that is the problem, its the technical differences between skies and boards and the combination of highly experienced riders and inexperienced riders on the same trail. Steep and fast are only relative terms, i am a boarder and i do not specifically have a problem with boarders or skiers, i have a problem with the ignorance of other riders on the mountain. Several times at mountain creek i have come over jumps to find people stopped in the middle of a landing, i do check to see if there is anyone on the landing but when its a 20 footer with a steep landing i have no way of seeing you. Some landings of jumps, like the one on bear peak this year, are to steep for some people to ride, for me its a landing. Yes i might be going FAST but I am not reckless, it is completely acceptable for my to be going at a speed that helps me clear the jump regardless of how fast it is, its reckless to ignore the dangers of stopping on ANY landing.
So should boarders be banned from any mountain, i would say no I don't pass people on beginner trails or even intermediate but if you are in a terrain park or expert trail people assume you know what your doing and aware of the dangers and you need to take some responsibility of your actions regardless if you are down trail or not. I can't stop when I am ten feet in the air but there are only a few places i can do that, DONT STOP THERE.

Essex Fells

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

What happens if the NJ Nets don't move to Brooklyn
in the future. Should the continue to play in a
modernized IZOD CENTER? Or should they move the
team to Rock in Newark? Governor Corzine and Mayor Booker are squaring off on opposite sides.
Xanaduman thinks only one first class Arena can survive in this Area...But which one..Tell me..
botz

Neptune, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

snowboarders should absolutely be allowed. not all snowboarders are crazy riders, and not all crazy riders are snowboarders. i have been skiing for 16 years and both good and bad skier's/riders are all over the mountain. you can't solve that by banning one and allowing the other.
Mike

Sandwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Honestly, I think its rediculous to ban/give specific time for snowboards to ride.Skiers
try to sterotype boarders as reckless, but its not snowboarders as a group, its the person riding the snowboard. Same thing goes for skiers. I think if snowboarders are banned, it will definitely ruin business. The snowboarding scene is definitely pushing the action sports business right now, attracting the new generations of riders. So no, please, atleast for the first and ONLY ski slope in the U.S. Let us all ride!!!!
CTBoarder

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2009

Judged:

Indoor facilities with limited slope altitude is actually more suited for features and 'park style' riding/skiing. Eliminating a significant percentage of your customer base (snowboarders)would be a poor business decision to say the least, especially in this economic environment. They will be praying for anyone with something to strap to their feet to show up.

Also to reiterate what was already said, it's not snowboarders that are a problem, it's inconsiderate and reckless people no matter how they get down the slope.
SteezePleeze

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

If the Facility doesn't allow snowboarding or only at certain times you'll lose a lot of business. The majority of these indoor facilities are made to accommodate snowboarders and freestyle skiing!
jrod

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

it all depends who the owners want to attract. if they make the slope into mostly park i definitely say allow the snowboarders. but if the owner is just making them downhill runs then skiers all the way. but yea park=snowboards. no park=no snowboards.

Essex Fells

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

With snow on the way and local resorts ready to open
the fact we can't have an indoor slope to enjoy is
not important. BUT...I hope we can look forward to
some Boarding this summer at Xanadu Meadowlands.
Brian

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

I feel skiers shouldnt be allowed and it should be devoted to snowboarders and them to work on tricks.. Skiers can go rolerblading or something haha
Brian

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

SteezePleeze wrote:
If the Facility doesn't allow snowboarding or only at certain times you'll lose a lot of business. The majority of these indoor facilities are made to accommodate snowboarders and freestyle skiing!
. Exactly, it wad really built for snowboarding.. And people tht do jumps
Alberto

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

Yea i do't think getting rid of riders would be a bright idea. Is the Xanadu indoor snowboarding / skiing dome open for business? I don't want to sound stupid but i just want to know because i only recently heard of the whole complex.
Hinjnhnjh

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Yet do try g CG chaff trust. FyT t fhmh h
ITEgbt

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

F gg ff g

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Xanadu Discussions

Search the Xanadu Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
In honor of 'Footloose,' 5 great '80s soundtracks (Oct '11) Jul '13 Jiggling 11
Olivia Newton-John spends $4.1M in Jupiter Inle... (Jul '09) Jul '13 Thggvc 7
Extension of the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Line ... (Jan '09) Jun '13 Yes 4
Skates on: Xanadu hopefuls down to wire (Dec '10) Jun '13 Lkhy 3
Benihana Awarded First Liquor License at Meadow... (Jan '09) Jun '13 Dancer 2
CJ--Olivia Newton-John's all about Zamu (Apr '09) Jun '13 Njnybjyb 3
Should Meadowlands Xanadu Open With 65% Tenancy ? (Jun '13) Jun '13 Huey 1
•••
•••