Continue reading "Do you think Johnny...

Continue reading "Do you think Johnny Depp is the actor most overdue to win an Oscar?"

There are 8 comments on the Glodderby story from Mar 11, 2009, titled Continue reading "Do you think Johnny Depp is the actor most overdue to win an Oscar?". In it, Glodderby reports that:

In our poll on actors most overdue to win at the Oscars , Johnny Depp is leading by a wide margin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Glodderby.

Malocclusion Ten Four

United States

#1 Mar 12, 2009
OF COURSE he's overdue! Look at all the years he wasn't even nominated! But it wouldn't surprise me if he never wins. Maybe someday they'll give him their we're-sorry-we-missed-your-car eer Lifetime Achievement award. He's always been too eccentric for Hollywood. He doesn't play their games and he doesn't fit their mold.
Malocclusion Ten Four

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2009
You can see where my heart skipped a beat there. It's Johnny's fault.
Depputy JNads

UK

#3 Mar 13, 2009
Johnny definately deserves an Oscar or two! a lot!

“Today is a gift..have fun!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Mar 13, 2009
He's overdue for more than one!! Hell he deserves an Oscar for all the Hollywood BS he's had to deal with through his entire career!

Malocclusion: I love your comment "Maybe someday they'll give him their we're-sorry-we-missed-your-car eer Lifetime Achievement award." Sad, but true!
Malocclusion Ten Four

United States

#5 Mar 13, 2009
DeppHeadKC wrote:
He's overdue for more than one!! Hell he deserves an Oscar for all the Hollywood BS he's had to deal with through his entire career!
Malocclusion: I love your comment "Maybe someday they'll give him their we're-sorry-we-missed-your-car eer Lifetime Achievement award." Sad, but true!
Look what they did to Chaplin! He won three Oscars, but never for Best Actor. He won for Best Picture (City Lights)and Best Song ("Smile"). Then he got their we're sorry-we-missed-your-career-an d we're-also-sorry we-kicked-you-out-of-the-count ry award.
Buster Keaton, Orson Welles, and Cary Grant never won Oscars. So Johnny would be in good company. I think sometimes the truly great, truly unique people fall through the cracks. But he should have at least been nominated for Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, and Donnie Brasco.
Malocclusion Ten Four

United States

#6 Mar 13, 2009
Unfortunately, 2% of being an actor is acting. The other 98% is the Hollywood BS. Moving to France probably saved Johnny's sanity and his life.
Tianna Depp4Life Allen

Sydney, Australia

#7 Mar 13, 2009
I agree that he deserves more than 1 oscar. but in a way i hope he doesnt get one cause he always says he hates public speaking and that he likes getting them but not going up to recieve them, he enjoys simply being nominated. So for his sake i hope he is nominated for every category and doesnt win a single one....lol find it hard to believe he hasnt got like 10 already
jds

Ormond Beach, FL

#8 Mar 17, 2009
Yes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crispin Glover in Alice in Wonderland (Oct '08) Aug '11 latifa 6
News What if Jack Sparrow had been captain of the Ti... (Jul '10) Jul '10 rider 1
News Johnny Depp can't get used to winning awards (Dec '09) Dec '09 triple6vamp 15
News Johnny Depp, two-timer: People's Sexiest Man Al... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Anonymom 1
News Johnny Depp To Give Lone Ranger's Tonto The Jac... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Depputy JNads 3
News Johnny Depp: An outlaw outlook (Jun '09) Jun '09 Malocclusion Ten ... 9
News Slide Show: The Definitive Depp (Jun '09) Jun '09 Malocclusion Ten ... 1
More from around the web