Joaquin Jackson - Texas Ranger

Nov 1, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fort Stockton Pioneer

When his picture appeared on the cover of Texas Monthly, Joaquin Jackson became the icon of the modern Texas Rangers. via Fort Stockton Pioneer

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Rodrigo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2008

I got to personally meet Joaquin Jackson when I worked as a Deputy in Zavala County. He is a truly remarkable man and if he could help you in any way he would. Hope I can get a copy of his book.

Since: Feb 08

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2008

Rodrigo wrote:
I got to personally meet Joaquin Jackson when I worked as a Deputy in Zavala County. He is a truly remarkable man and if he could help you in any way he would. Hope I can get a copy of his book.
Anyone remember Texas Ranger Capt. Allee; I used to hear some horror story from the elderly Hispanic community.
Michael E Tollett

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I knew Capt allee very well ,I grew up in carrizo springs my dad was Clint Tollett and my stepdad was JI Tumlinson (Jurd) My mother was Genineve Tumlinson I went to scool at carrizo and mrs Allee was my school teacher in the fifth grade I remember Junior allee who also was a texas ranger My uncle was buck bell or walter aron bell t/r I used to shoot Jack rabbits off capt allee's ranch for a nickel a head He bought all the shells too. my Grandpaw on the tumlinson side was Bigpaw Jim Tumlinson had a ranch out on the brundage Hwy I rember Capt Allee well!
OLD RANCHER

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

ALLEE was the real deal. It was his breed that brought the respect that a rangers badge demands when it crosses a threshold. jackson got to ride the coat tails and enjoy the stamina of those before him.
I remember

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2011

carrizodude68 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone remember Texas Ranger Capt. Allee; I used to hear some horror story from the elderly Hispanic community.
. I remember hearing a story of that guy beating a young mexican american male. It happened in a smalll grocery downtown carrizo springs. That is only one of many. Several of them were bullies with a badge, nothing more. About Jackson, I met him but wasn't not impressed with him.
Annette Zambrano

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

His ranch bordered with ours in Carrizo. He was nothing less of a kind person to me and my family. My grandparents (Alberto & Carmen Zambrano) always spoke well of him.
History

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Annette Zambrano wrote:
His ranch bordered with ours in Carrizo. He was nothing less of a kind person to me and my family. My grandparents (Alberto & Carmen Zambrano) always spoke well of him.
He was nice to you because you were a pretty good ass kissers. those are the only mexicans these people liked. as for him being a "real deal", so is the kkk. Nowadays ass kissers are frowned upon. I knew a couple of people who actually pissed on alee's grave. of course he should have been pissed on in real life!
really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Where is he buried?
Duke

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Joaquin Jackson was a typical Texas Ranger, a blow-hard claiming someone else's heroics as their own. He was the only Ranger in the history of Texas who was not allowed to keep his commission after he retired. That should tell it all.
clare

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

and there u have it Annette8888888
twig

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Duke wrote:
Joaquin Jackson was a typical Texas Ranger, a blow-hard claiming someone else's heroics as their own. He was the only Ranger in the history of Texas who was not allowed to keep his commission after he retired. That should tell it all.
why was he not allowed to keep his commission
twig

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

I first met Ranger Jackson when I was 17 or 18yrs old.I respected and admired him then and nothing has changed 45 yrs. later.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Western Discussions

Search the Western Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Edd Byrnes (Apr '08) Sat Edd Byrness 15
World Goth Day has roused dark memories in me |... (May '12) Apr 9 Roadie 4
'Save the Arena' advocates seek council support Apr 6 Ruts r Us 1
Brad Pitt plays it cool as he arrives at night-... Mar 27 Jane 1
'Battle Creek' update: Oscar nominee Janet McTe... Mar '14 Natalie Drury 1
Actor Gene Hackman's other career Mar '14 In our town 3
Medford, Oregon Mar '14 Peter 1
•••
•••