You Know You're From Portsmouth If ...

You Know You're From Portsmouth If ...

There are 46 comments on the Portsmouth Daily Times story from Apr 6, 2012, titled You Know You're From Portsmouth If .... In it, Portsmouth Daily Times reports that:

The General Civil War Engine submitted by Jim Detty Jim Detty wrote: In 1963, the Civil War locomotive "The General" went on a nationwide tour after being restored to look as it did during "The Great Locomotive Chase" in 1862.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Portsmouth Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gary

Minford, OH

#41 Apr 13, 2012
boo_ wrote:
when you are proud to flaunt your food stamp card.
when you wish you had a food stamp card. and had alot on it. lol
udderside

Marion, OH

#42 Apr 13, 2012
boo_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct. Those poor kids you just want to give them a bath or put some clothes on them. I don't understand how a 6 month old can have dirty toenails. I guess they let them crawl in the mud because they usually are not walking at that age. If you can't keep your kid clean, I don't understand why you are allowed to keep it. The state needs more abilities to take these children and allow them to go into adoption placement without the biological parents ever being allowed to take the kids back. You wouldn't see so many foreign adoptions if these loser parents couldn't take the kids back after a few years.
C'mon Jen lighten up, this is supposed to be a fun and sarcastic thread.
stampece

Springfield, OH

#43 May 19, 2012
Ques wrote:
Portsmouth likes to claim anything within thirty miles, as long as it is somewhat positive. Branch Rickey was not born in nor did he live in Portsmouth, but somehow that fact is ignored. The A-Plant is not the Portsmouth A-Plant, but the local news media call it that (or some variation of it.). Don Gullett is from Kentucky, but he 's somehow a Portsmouth guy. At least Roy Rogers did live in Portsmouth briefly during his boyfriend, but his family moved to the country ASAP.
The A-Plant, built by the Goodyear Atomic Corporation (now defunct) under contract from the federal government, was most assuredly the Portsmouth A-Plant. It was a huge project, and one of the main factors in the choice of site was the Portsmouth population center which provided sufficient workers. Get educated and watch this video by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, entitled "The PORTSMOUTH Story":
Barbara Howard

Orange Park, FL

#44 Sep 8, 2014
you people who complain about Portsmouth, move . I would love to move back there. I know it has changed but still Is my home town. So proud of it I have met people from there all over the world.

Since: Sep 14

Portsmouth, OH

#45 Sep 8, 2014
gary wrote:
why? it will always have a interesting history, its a future it hasn't got.
You sure said that right!

Since: Sep 14

Portsmouth, OH

#46 Sep 8, 2014
udderside wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon Jen lighten up, this is supposed to be a fun and sarcastic thread.
But she's right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

War Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report It Wrap: The history of the Terre Haute ... 15 hr local historian 1
News Hillary Clinton: The most qualified? Jun '16 No Way 5
News Charlie Sheen admits he caught HIV after only t... Jun '16 ussbrooklyn 1
Looking for a movie title. Apr '16 A3DR3NT 1
News What a 100-year-old racist movie tells us about... (Mar '15) Mar '16 Fart news 28
News Creepy or collectible? Why people spend thousan... Feb '16 Antonella 1
News Jan Michael Vincent (Nov '06) Feb '16 Phil Gray 479
More from around the web