'Jeffersons' Neighbor Paul Benedict D...

'Jeffersons' Neighbor Paul Benedict Dies at 70 - Actor also app...

There are 7 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Dec 5, 2008, titled 'Jeffersons' Neighbor Paul Benedict Dies at 70 - Actor also app.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Paul Benedict, the actor who played the eccentric English neighbor Harry Bentley on the sitcom "The Jeffersons," was found dead Monday at his home on Martha's Vineyard, Mass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

bobby

Bath, MI

#1 Dec 5, 2008
rest in peace, you will be greatly missed...
Alex

Jackson Heights, NY

#2 Dec 6, 2008
I thought he was a Brit! R.I.P. Paul.
WHOLETRUTHY

AOL

#3 Dec 6, 2008
MR. J AND I RAISE A GLASS TO THEE
LAM

Somerset, PA

#4 Dec 7, 2008
Rest in peace Mr. Benedict- you left us with some great comedy and memorable performances on not only the Jeffersons but the Christopher Guest mockumentaries- you were dealt a tough hand with a pituatary disorder, but you took what life gave you ,and with a smile you went after what you wanted- and you succeeded-thank you for the fine acting, the laughs and God Bless
LAM

Somerset, PA

#5 Dec 7, 2008
Also- our sympathies go out to Mr. Benedicts family and loved ones- he will be greatly missed ,and I cant stress enough how he used to cheer me up and make me laugh as a child watching "The Jeffersons" and later in life as a big fan of the Christopher Guest movies

- Paul Benedict- a brilliant actor, a kind man and a wonderful person - you will be greatly missed
Dan

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Dec 8, 2008
He was a great actor and will be missed. He was always good for comic relief on The Jeffersons. With him gone, the only surviving castmembers of the show are Sherman Hemsley and Marla Gibbs.
Scott R Lucado

United States

#7 Dec 11, 2008
I remember him best from "The Freshman" as Matthew Broderick's pretentious, self-absorbed film professor. So sorry to learn that he has passed away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waiting for Guffman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parker Posey, Campbell Scott, et al. Set for St... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Wayne 1
News Spinal Tap creators, even without amps set to 1... (Jun '09) Jun '09 methuselah 3
News Spinal Tap's unplugged tour hits Beacon Theatre (May '09) May '09 Farmingdale Resident 5
News Fred Willard Is King of Tribute Artists in Off-... (Jun '06) Jun '06 Petey 1
More from around the web