Senate Democrats threaten to sue for ...

Senate Democrats threaten to sue for info on Supreme Court nominee

There are 16 comments on the Reuters story from Aug 16, 2018, titled Senate Democrats threaten to sue for info on Supreme Court nominee. In it, Reuters reports that:

Democrats in the U.S. Senate said on Thursday they were prepared to sue the National Archives if it does not honor their request for information on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. U.S. Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh leaves after a meeting with Senator Joe Donnelly at Donnelly's office on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C., U.S., August 15, 2018.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 16, 2018
NO hearings on this POS until Judge Garland gets an up-or-down vote...crooked reTHUGlican anti-Constitutional shysters will be out after November in any case.
Cordwainer Trout

Owensboro, KY

#2 Aug 16, 2018
Democrat Charles Schumer has vowed to fight Kavanaugh's confirmation, yet does this long before he's actually vetted him in any way. This shows a bias and pre-judging and makes the FOIA request absurd and obviously a delay tactic. Schumer is simply and foremost a bad actor. This has been shown repeatedly in his career.
Liberals Are Wankers

Bronx, NY

#3 Aug 16, 2018
Trump is gonna get at least one more SCOTUS nominee. Maybe even two more. The left wingnut liberals are sure to go apoplectic when that reality sinks in.
Ted Haggard s Masseur

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 16, 2018
The only question is why the milquetoasts are only threatening to sue. Sue or get out of the way.
tomin cali

Fresno, CA

#5 Aug 16, 2018
all the left are like the linda blair in the exorcist ,head spinning spewing sick bile,it is what we see from the left do to trump is casting out the evil . crazy stuff.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#6 Aug 16, 2018
Democrats have already declared that they will deny support for any Trump nominee to the Supreme Court. Is there any information that will change their mind?
He Named Me Black Annie

Cibolo, TX

#7 Aug 17, 2018
They don't want to meet with Kavanaugh but they demand documents about him? Face it. Elections have consequences and Trump has a phone and a pen. I win, you lose!
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#8 Aug 19, 2018
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Democrat Charles Schumer has vowed to fight Kavanaugh's confirmation, yet does this long before he's actually vetted him in any way. This shows a bias and pre-judging and makes the FOIA request absurd and obviously a delay tactic. Schumer is simply and foremost a bad actor. This has been shown repeatedly in his career.
Kavanaugh's record as a Republican lickspittle and partisan, not to mention right-wing extremist, is well-known. He's the least popular Repubvlican choice since Bork, and you remember what happened to THAT pig.

No vote on Kavanaugh is possible until Judge Garland receives a vote, which thanks to Mitch 'the Bitch' McConnell has not yet happened.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#9 Aug 19, 2018
He Named Me Black Annie wrote:
They don't want to meet with Kavanaugh but they demand documents about him? Face it. Elections have consequences and Trump has a phone and a pen. I win, you lose!
You'd only get lies from him, just like all Righties. The truth isn't in them.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#10 Aug 19, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
Democrats have already declared that they will deny support for any Trump nominee to the Supreme Court. Is there any information that will change their mind?
Link to that denial?

Is there anything that would make you less hypocritical about denying votes to judges, given that YOUR PARTY denied Judge Garland a vote based on false premises?
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#11 Aug 19, 2018
Liberals Are Wankers wrote:
Trump is gonna get at least one more SCOTUS nominee. Maybe even two more. The left wingnut liberals are sure to go apoplectic when that reality sinks in.
Mindless right-wing partisanship is ruining the country, but as long as you think you're "winning," that's OK with you, right?

Morons shouldn't vote.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#12 Aug 19, 2018
mr gleeble wrote:
<quoted text>

Link to that denial?

Is there anything that would make you less hypocritical about denying votes to judges, given that YOUR PARTY denied Judge Garland a vote based on false premises?
Mr. McCoy, the Hatfileds are wiling to bury the hatchet.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Aug 19, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. McCoy, the Hatfileds are wiling to bury the hatchet.
I know just where it should be aimed.
Liberals Are Wankers

Bronx, NY

#14 Aug 19, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I know just where it should be aimed.
Right between your legs. But that would be such a small target it would be sure to miss anything of masculine importance.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#15 Aug 19, 2018
Dear Senate Democrats,

Don't just threaten. DO SOMETHING! Stop all this flaccid pussyfooting and do something!

The stakes are too high for politeness. We have to defeat this cancer named Trump, whatever it takes.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#16 Aug 20, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. McCoy, the Hatfileds are wiling to bury the hatchet.
Fake equivalencies don't work anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

W. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On trade policy, Trump is turning GOP orthodoxy... Aug '18 Say What 129
News California appeals ruling to let border wall pr... Aug '18 Solarman 1
News Senate digs through record 1 million pages of d... Jul '18 Bad guys 2
News Trump bucks GOP orthodoxy on trade Jul '18 mr gleeble 2
News Kavanaugh to address his past work involving Cl... Jul '18 could be more news 3
News Jeb Bush Says He Will Run as a Political Outsider (Jun '15) Jul '18 Reaper Grin 55
News Billionaire Soros giving $2M to Democratic groups (May '12) Jul '18 Eagles Win 29