Romney's 0 percent black support

Romney's 0 percent black support

There are 1248 comments on the The Washington Post story from Aug 22, 2012, titled Romney's 0 percent black support. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Rare is the time that a poll number makes me gasp. But there is one in the latest NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll that elicited one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

AA Entrepreneur

Jersey City, NJ

#26 Aug 23, 2012
Why is is no diversity of opinion permitted among AA's on this Forum?

“Still Politically Incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#27 Aug 23, 2012
You really can't buy into anything that these pre-election polls say.
What these polls signify is a tactic to either encourage or discourage you from or to vote for one candidate over the other or one political party over the other.
Most of these pre-election polls are false and bias for one side or the other.
The only one that counts in the end is the election results.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#29 Aug 23, 2012
more wrote:
<quoted text>
racist lies.
I see the Fly Paper for Freaks,is working!!!
comeonbabylightm yfire

United States

#32 Aug 25, 2012
they wanted a DIVERSE SOCIETY,and thats exactly what we have.the winner will be determined by 15 percent of the population. who own nothing, know nothing,pay nothing,save nothing ,and the country will end up with nothing ,but a DEFICIET with government grovelling for dollars and a pubic groveling to pay them.
comeonbabylightm yfire

United States

#33 Aug 25, 2012
An old Social Security card with the "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" message.
Our Social Security

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65%
on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
into the Program would be deductible from
their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the
independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
general operating fund, and therefore, would
only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other
Government program, and,

Under Johnson the money was moved to
The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed
as income.

Under Clinton & Gore
Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
now receiving a Social Security check every month --
and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
away'-- you may be interested in the following:

----------

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
controlled House and Senate.

----------

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

----------

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

----------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start
giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right!

Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
began to receive Social Security payments! The
Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
even though they never paid a dime into it!

----------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA),
the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want
to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!
If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of
awareness will be planted and maybe changes will
evolve.
But it's worth a try.

Actions speak louder than bumper stickers...THE ONLY QUESTION LEFT IS WHO GOT THE KITTY
Eli

Germany

#34 Aug 28, 2012
I say that this Romney should have logically no support at all. It is a puppet of some criminal establishment. His proposals are real disaster.
1. to low taxes for richest
2. clearly, if he lows taxes for richest, he must take those money from somebody, it means he will liquidate socialcare, he will repeal medicare, he will increase taxes for this middle class and poor
3. he will make no new jobs, he has liquidated job places in USA, he will ruin this bad economy of USA till the rest and very, very quickly
4 his foreign politics, it is a complete dangerous disaster. He intends to continue war in Afghanistan and probably attacks another countries: Russia, Iran etc. And it can develop global world war.

Ron Paul: this wise, excellent candidate, he wants to:
1. end the wars, take US troops homes
2. to improve life standarts in USA, to help for middle class by reducing taxes
3. to make socialcare and honest medicare
4. to change foreign politics
5. to stop to waste money for wars and some another mindless foreign issues.
Ron Paul is the only chance.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#36 Aug 29, 2012
Dances with Wolves wrote:
I call B.S. on this one. Who was "polled"? Where were they located?
If this is true, sadly the racial divide is extreme, and that is sad. If any race votes strictly on the race of the candidate, it goes to show just who are the racist ones, Not only that, Obama could not have won based solely on the AA vote.
If this is not true (which I suspect) this goes to show that media manipulation in that they are counting on continuing a racial divide and are using this information in order to create an environment of hatred rather than unity among Americans.
That's strange when did Americans ever had any unity, I'll tell you when never.......
Phelix01

Melrose Park, IL

#37 Aug 29, 2012
How many times are you crakkkas going to repost this sh*t? No one cares if you guys are mad, we are voting for OUR FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT in November and there's nothing you can do about it.

“Still Politically Incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#38 Aug 29, 2012
Phelix01 wrote:
How many times are you crakkkas going to repost this sh*t? No one cares if you guys are mad, we are voting for OUR FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT in November and there's nothing you can do about it.
We are not crackers or as you say 'crakkkas".
We are human beings just like you and I don't put myself above you,we are equal as far as I'm concerned.
In my view,Obama has done a piss poor jub to this country and because of that he should be giving the boot.
Not because the man is black but because the man can't lead.
He couldn't manage or govern a shit house let alone govern a country.
I'm sure that there are a lot of black politicians out there who can lead this country to a better future but Obama is not one of them.

I'll tell you a story that is true,where I was born and raised at we had a mayor that was black and that mayor did a fantastic job for a little old mining town called Gary,WV.
He was the best that Gary had but upon winning another election the man had either a heart attack or a stroke,I;'m not sure which one but anyway he passed away.
I cried my eyes out because I dearly loved that man for who he was and not what he was.
Now here is what happened afterward,during the days of this short black man who stood tall as our mayor we had a police force and since C. Hodge had past away and was replaced by white mayors there has been an alarming decrease in traffic control and the place is plum covered in most places with coal dust all over the place because the white mayors over time had dissolved the police force to nearly none and let the inmates run wild,if you know what I mean.
The little town of Gary has went from a community to where you could leave your doors unlocked to a town where you have to lock your doors and windows and if you're out and about driving through Gary you have to be awful careful because people there are running through stop signs,pulling out into traffic,speeding and you have coal trucks there running that will you off the road without a care.
All that later stuff never happened on Mayor Hodge's watch and I truly miss that man so much.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#39 Aug 29, 2012
Phelix01 wrote:
actually, obama would be 50% "cracker". just sayin...
Phelix01

Melrose Park, IL

#40 Aug 29, 2012
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not crackers or as you say 'crakkkas".
We are human beings just like you and I don't put myself above you,we are equal as far as I'm concerned.
In my view,Obama has done a piss poor jub to this country and because of that he should be giving the boot.
Not because the man is black but because the man can't lead.
He couldn't manage or govern a shit house let alone govern a country.
I'm sure that there are a lot of black politicians out there who can lead this country to a better future but Obama is not one of them.
I'll tell you a story that is true,where I was born and raised at we had a mayor that was black and that mayor did a fantastic job for a little old mining town called Gary,WV.
He was the best that Gary had but upon winning another election the man had either a heart attack or a stroke,I;'m not sure which one but anyway he passed away.
I cried my eyes out because I dearly loved that man for who he was and not what he was.
Now here is what happened afterward,during the days of this short black man who stood tall as our mayor we had a police force and since C. Hodge had past away and was replaced by white mayors there has been an alarming decrease in traffic control and the place is plum covered in most places with coal dust all over the place because the white mayors over time had dissolved the police force to nearly none and let the inmates run wild,if you know what I mean.
The little town of Gary has went from a community to where you could leave your doors unlocked to a town where you have to lock your doors and windows and if you're out and about driving through Gary you have to be awful careful because people there are running through stop signs,pulling out into traffic,speeding and you have coal trucks there running that will you off the road without a care.
All that later stuff never happened on Mayor Hodge's watch and I truly miss that man so much.
Interesting story...I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I'm voting for someone other than our current president but don't tell anyone!:)
Common Sense

London, UK

#41 Aug 29, 2012
The problem with Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, pretty much a lot of races other than white, vote based on emotions, race, community than their own well being.

It is astonishing how these communities despite being in dire poverty, vote year after year to the same set of polticians because they are from their race, tribe, community etc..

thats why the Asia excluding Japan/Korea & some countries, Africa, Latin America, Mexico, etc., are in dire straights.

Because of the GOP attacks on Obama, these minorties have rallied together to support him due to pimitive emotions irrespective of his track record, credentials, etc..

so because of the large immigration over the years, US electorate has changed significantly. So unfortunately with the election of Obama the US has started the journey of becoming a third world country !!

Rational Objections are welcome, NO point in calling names, blah blah blah.....
10th cavalary spectre

Madison, WI

#42 Aug 29, 2012
Hey Everybody:
Last night, Repubs. threw peanuts at a black woman, and two Mexican janitorial workers plus stated the reason they did this,is to show what they do to "animals". What does that say, and this should show you what why Romney has little support from these groups.
10th cav. spectre from Madtown, Middle of week!!
Common Sense

London, UK

#43 Aug 29, 2012
10th cavalary spectre wrote:
Hey Everybody:
Last night, Repubs. threw peanuts at a black woman, and two Mexican janitorial workers plus stated the reason they did this,is to show what they do to "animals". What does that say, and this should show you what why Romney has little support from these groups.
10th cav. spectre from Madtown, Middle of week!!
yes, what these repubs did is terrible.

But how can that influence the decision to support Obama instead of Mitt. Performance & track record w regard to economy should be only decision points.

Blacks unemployment is 25%- highest ever in history. If people are rational, then they will vote for Mitt because unfortunately Obama has failed on the most important factor of economy/jobs & that is survival for people !!
TheOriginalDoby

San Francisco, CA

#44 Aug 29, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
interesting that blacks in this country would want to keep a guy who has given them, what, 14% unemployment? probably about 25% for young people. seems to me you would vote for the candidate who would produce JOBS. just sayin...
Bullshyt! And Romney DOES NOT create jobs. Do you know what 47th out of 50 in job creation" means?
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#45 Aug 29, 2012
Ain't no blacks voting for mitts stuck up mormon azz.
Common Sense

London, UK

#46 Aug 29, 2012
TheOriginalDoby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshyt! And Romney DOES NOT create jobs. Do you know what 47th out of 50 in job creation" means?
Rubbish, Mitt understands the economy better than Obama. what was Obama's qualification when he came in - community organiser, senator with little admin experience.

Come one !, use common sense here. with such a mess on the economy/jobs, there is no choice but to try the next one !
Common Sense

London, UK

#47 Aug 29, 2012
Mitt has come up with a plan for 12 mil jobs. even if that is over the board, inflated whatever, it is better than Obama. he does not even have a plan !!!
Road Agent

Belle Vernon, PA

#48 Aug 29, 2012
BloBama................Go home to yer HUT.
kitty

Cedartown, GA

#49 Aug 29, 2012
The economy crashed because of the decisions of Bush. The do nothing Republican Congress has kept the economy from recovering, for political reasons. If they become totally in charge, the economy will completly crash, even more than the first time. The only ones that will benefit are the very rich. Most of the middle class will move to the poor class. The Affordable Care Act will be gone as well as Medicare and Medicade. Most of you will have no insurance for yourselves and your families. This congress and the Tes Party have a lot more plans that are not being told. Our country will be destroyed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

W. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spicer's leaving White House, not necessarily T... 2 hr Putins Glock Holster 1
News Fox News favoured to land Sean Spicer if he opt... 3 hr Retribution 6
News McCain says 'I'll be back soon' as he battles b... Thu Red Crosse 3
News Experts encourage more public awareness of Russ... Jul 11 Crazy Times 4
News Wanda Sykes Roasts Obama, Rips Rush (May '09) Jun 28 yuocan 13
News Bachmann Calls Bush's Bailout Decision an Act o... (Nov '11) Jun 24 Grecian Formula 34 56
News Trump goes from regal to rustic this weekend at... Jun '17 Aussie 1
More from around the web