Tax hike for wealthy won't kill growth: CBO

Nov 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

A man with a local group of upper income professionals who call themselves ''Tax-Us'' holds a sign during a rally at City Hall in San Francisco, California April 17, 2012.

Comments
1 - 20 of 665 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2012
First Prev
of 34
Next Last
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

The GOP is simply going to have to come to terms with the reality that they lost their bid for the Presidency and with it the reins of the executive branch of the federal government. Their agenda is effectively decapitated. This does not leave them powerless, but they are not calling the shots. Get used to it.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

WTF The CBO was only off about $560 Billion on ObamaCare... sure we believe them
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

no surprises there. it's not like they are creating jobs or spending to spur growth. they just have their "job creator" tax savings stored away in offshore bank accounts...instead of here for small businesses to borrow.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Lance Winslow wrote:
The GOP is simply going to have to come to terms with the reality that they lost their bid for the Presidency and with it the reins of the executive branch of the federal government. Their agenda is effectively decapitated. This does not leave them powerless, but they are not calling the shots. Get used to it.
Our government was brilliantly designed so that there wouldn't be one party rule. It's loud, it's aggravating, it's messy, but it requires compromise from all parties, and of course, a leader who can affect that compromise.
Saying "I won" isn't exactly compromise, is it?
The power balance in Washington is relatively unchanged from the last four years. So, they're all going to have to bend if we aren't going to have four more years of gridlock.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Our government was brilliantly designed so that there wouldn't be one party rule. It's loud, it's aggravating, it's messy, but it requires compromise from all parties, and of course, a leader who can affect that compromise.
The power balance in Washington is relatively unchanged from the last four years. So, they're all going to have to bend if we aren't going to have four more years of gridlock.
The President has compromised on spending cuts AND letting the Bush tax cuts extend for an additional two years.

STILL waiting to see what the GOP and Boehnor have compromised on....
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
And, in lieu of compromise, the GOP will take their toys and go home, not for the first time. If this cannot be hidden from American voters, the GOP is toast.
So far, Boner has acknowledged that healthcare will go forward but taxes on the rich will not. Let's see how this plays out.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Market Crashes Through 3 Support Lines, What Now?
My friends took every penny they had out of the stock market. They must know something.. It's getting a little scary.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
WTF The CBO was only off about $560 Billion on ObamaCare... sure we believe them
Dec 20, 2011

Vance1

"I predict a Huge Blood bath in the democrat party come 2012"

Vance1 was only off by 126 electoral votes...sure, we believe anything you post....

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Greece won't get the bailout as it's configured. What now? A 50% cut in all Greek pensions instead of the 25% proposed and not accepted? Will that happen to OUR greedy public Union Workers too?
One can only hope for that change.
"Here comes the Cliff. Here comes the Cliff"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Ex-GOP Con wrote:
no surprises there. it's not like they are creating jobs or spending to spur growth. they just have their "job creator" tax savings stored away in offshore bank accounts...instead of here for small businesses to borrow.
Yep, and that's where it's going to stay away from you free loading leeches. Occupy that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Dec 20, 2011
Vance1
Vance1 was only off by 126 electoral votes...sure, we believe anything you post....
hahahahahahahahahahaha
Well, he is right. The chicken will come to roost. They already are on the east coast where people are freezing and starving........the same people that voted in droves that uncle sugar was going to meet their every need........Obama said, hell, I gave you two hours of my time, what else you want. Enjoy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

I finally get it now. Obama has been out to loot the public union pensions since the beginning. He's a genius. Nothing can stop him now. He doesn't need the unions to get re-elected anymore. I should have known. It's all in the Communist Manifesto. It's a very short pamphlet. Everybody should read it to see Obama's vision. It's genius. Share the wealth baby. No more savings. No No No. Share those savings. I get it now.
Market Crashes Through 3 Support Lines, That's a good start for him to grab some more public union loot. Go Obama. Yea!!! Share their ill-gotten stuff. I'll take it all. Yea Obama!!!
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking for your isolated trailer park, doesn't exactly impact the nation.

hahahahahahahahahahaha
spud

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

It doesn't matter which parties recovery plan is used. Growth will definately stop or even contract. We're a country living way over its head and neither party is proposing cutting spending. The good thing about Obamas reelection is that we will maintain split rule. We can't afford to let either one of these useless parties to get control of congress and the presidency, like we did when they passed that ridiculous healthcare bill. Both parties suck.
Ralph

Pentwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Ex-GOP Con wrote:
As a small business owner I can tell you the last thing I'm going to do is borrow money or try to expand and grow only to have my efforts rewarded with higher taxes. I'll either limp along for the next four years with what I got now and see what the lefties can do to revive the economy or maybe I'll just say screw it and sign up for all the government freebees and retire early.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Who cares about the CBO??? It's just some objective group of number crunchers. They aren't fair and balanced like FUX News. Why were FUX News and all the frightwing pundits so WRONG in their predictions, AGAIN?
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
You need to stop getting your news and "facts" from FUX News. You'll be much smarter. Seriously, are you incapable of LEARNING anything????
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>As a small business owner I can tell you the last thing I'm going to do is borrow money or try to expand and grow only to have my efforts rewarded with higher taxes. I'll either limp along for the next four years with what I got now and see what the lefties can do to revive the economy or maybe I'll just say screw it and sign up for all the government freebees and retire early.
LOL. Ur no small business owner. Or a very stupid one. If you can grow your business and earn that extra dollar you would. Sure, you will pay higher tax on that extra dollar that comes in at the higher tax bracket BUT you still earn an extra dollar. If your small business is doing bad....it's obvious it's because YOU are making bad business decisions.

Think of it this way. I would GLADLY accept a $2 million bonus from my Company even if I am taxed on it at 40%, 50%, or 60% tax rate. I'm not going to refuse it because I pay higher taxes on that extra dollar.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. It seems like some moderate cooler heads are starting to get the message. Some Republicans are starting to talk about immigration reform. They realize that without Latinos, the GOP will die.

Check out our next president:

http://clclt.com/binary/c587/1343766966-391px...
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Dec 20, 2011
Vance1
hahahahahahahahahahaha
Yeah, supposedly Michael Barone and Karl Rove knew something the rest of us didn't know, something about rigging the voting machines in Ohio. Guess it was thwarted. I never saw so many deer in the headlights as I saw on FUX News on election night. Rmoney couldn't concede until he was sure the count was right in Ohio. Guess his comments about letting the auto industry die didn't resonate in his own head. Rmoney thought the rustbelt would be more excited about his fond memories of the trees being just the right height in Michigan. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 34
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••