Some Gay Republicans See Platform Set...

Some Gay Republicans See Platform Setback As Sign 'Victory Is Near'

There are 21 comments on the National Public Radio story from Aug 29, 2012, titled Some Gay Republicans See Platform Setback As Sign 'Victory Is Near'. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

A day after their party embedded a tough, anti-same sex marriage stance in its official platform - one shared by GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney - gay Republicans shrugged and suggested that the intensity of the intra-party fight over the issue means victory is near.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeff

Edmonds, WA

#1 Aug 29, 2012
I would not count on it. Until the conservative right begins to dismantle and mostly that means die off gays will continue to be used and abused for their fun and expense.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#2 Aug 29, 2012
Jeff wrote:
I would not count on it. Until the conservative right begins to dismantle and mostly that means die off gays will continue to be used and abused for their fun and expense.
Good point; lots of toilet stall toe tappers partying in Tampa tonight.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 29, 2012
What in the sam hell are those deranged democRat perverts going to actually "do" next? Here we are in August and you have a democRat geezer congressman having oral sex at a rest stop with a hapless 17 year old boy. Then you have a democRat pervert groping his female aides...it's an obamanation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21923...

http://www.topix.com/us/politics/2012/08/poli...

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

#4 Aug 29, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
What in the sam hell are those deranged democRat perverts going to actually "do" next? Here we are in August and you have a democRat geezer congressman having oral sex at a rest stop with a hapless 17 year old boy. Then you have a democRat pervert groping his female aides...it's an obamanation.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21923...
http://www.topix.com/us/politics/2012/08/poli...
Oh buddy your an idiot. You can't go lower then dumb.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 29, 2012
Juanpaul wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh buddy your an idiot. You can't go lower then dumb.
Attention juanpoop!!! Let me educate you, twit...It's "you're" not your.
Where a punk like you gets off calling me dumb when facts are facts is beyond me. I highly suspect you are talking out your disgruntled ignorant butt so GFY.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Aug 29, 2012
Wasn't it Napolean who said "I can see Russia from here !:) Victory is near !:)"
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#7 Aug 29, 2012
Votes have to be about more than just gay stuff for this gay.

I just can't get comfortable with having to vote for inept fiscally suicidal Democrats just because they are socially liberal???
JohnsInLaw

United States

#9 Aug 29, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention juanpoop!!! Let me educate you, twit...It's "you're" not your.
Where a punk like you gets off calling me dumb when facts are facts is beyond me. I highly suspect you are talking out your disgruntled ignorant butt so GFY.
Johnboy, you couldn't educate a rock. Now get yer scrawny behind back in the woodshed. I'm a gonna educate you something fierce!

Location hidden

#10 Aug 29, 2012
JohnsInLaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnboy, you couldn't educate a rock. Now get yer scrawny behind back in the woodshed. I'm a gonna educate you something fierce!
Attention lintlicker!!! Quit your mealy mouth whining about a woodshed. Take a ticket, wait your turn and go stand in a very long line of pathetic runts just like you or GFY.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 29, 2012
I do not care how many flags b. h. obama stands in front of he's still the self-serving marxist meathead who launched his political career from the home of the terrorist/communist bill ayers.
No one and I mean no one who stoops to allow himself to be mentored by bill ayers like b. h. obama did loves America or its Constitution. And the results of his deranged ideology have been disastrous for The United States of America. It is time to cease humoring the self-serving marxist man child...

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfi...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222128560757...

Romney/Ryan 2012

Location hidden

#12 Aug 29, 2012
change...demented
shovel ready jobs...disgusting
forward...despicable

Location hidden

#13 Aug 29, 2012
Sherman, set the WayBack Machine to the 2008 Democratic National Convention - Invesco Stadium, Denver…that way we can see exactly how America got into in the pathetic shape it is today…

Schedule of Events

7:00 pm OPENING FLAG BURNING
7:15 pm PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED NATIONS
7:20 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
7:25 pm NONRELIGIOUS PRAYER, IDOL WORSHIP & RACE BAITING - The "Reverends" Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Jeremiah Wright
7:45 pm CEREMONIAL TREE HUGGING - Darryl Hannah
7:55 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
8:00 pm HOW I INVENTED THE INTERNET - Al Gore
8:07 pm USING GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRATS & CARBON REDUCTION CREDITS TO EXTORT MONEY FROM AMERICAN CORPORATIONS - Al Gore
8:12 pm THE NEW FRONTIER: RUNNING YOUR OWN SHAMWOW FRANCHISE - Al Gore
8:15 pm GAY WEDDING PLANNING - Rosie O'Donnell
8:25 pm UFO's ... DO THEY CONTRIBUTE TO GLOBAL WARMING?- Dennis Kucinich
8:35 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
8:40 pm OUR TROOPS ARE WAR CRIMINALS - John Kerry
8:45 pm GROWING A $2 BILLION URBAN PROJECT INTO A $23 BILLION TAXPAYER LIABILITY - OUR STEWARDSHIP OF THE BIG DIG - Ted Kennedy & John Kerry
8:50 pm "IF JOHN MCCAIN IS ELECTED, I WILL LEAVE THE UNITED STATES" - Alec Baldwin
9.00 pm MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SADDAM, HIS SONS, INSURGENTS et al - Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon
9:15 WE’RE NOT MILITARY STRATEGISTS, ECONOMISTS, ELECTED LEADERS OR CONCERNED CITIZENS: WE JUST PLAY THESE ROLES AT DEMOCRATIC FUNDRAISERS: Matt Damon, Paris Hilton, Bruce Springsteen, Natalie Maine
9:30 pm DRIVER"S LICENSES, COLLEGE TUITION AND SANCTUARY FOR CRIMINAL ALIENS Patrick Leahy, Charles Schumer, Hillary Clinton
10:00 pm "CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? WE'RE AVAILABLE TO SPEAK!" - Gloria Steinem, Geraldine Ferraro, Al Gore, Michael Dukakis
10:30 pm CAREER ADVANCEMENT THROUGH CONGENITAL LIES, SELF-SERVING DECEIT, GENDER- BAITING, AND CONSPIRACY THEORY - Hillary Clinton
11:00 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
11:05 pm COLLECTION FOR THE OSAMA BIN LADEN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT FUND - Barbara Streisand
11:15 pm FREE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM GUANTANAMO BAY - Sean Penn
11:30 pm OVAL OFFICE AFFAIRS - William Jefferson Clinton
11:45 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
11:50 pm HOW GEORGE BUSH BROUGHT DOWN THE WORLD TRADE TOWERS - Howard Dean & Dennis Kucinich
12:15 am TRUTH IN BROADCASTING AWARD - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore
12:25 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
12:30 am SATELLITE ADDRESS - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
12:45 am NOMINATION OF BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA - Nancy Pelosi
12:52 am "THE AMERICAN HEARTLAND: CLINGING TO GUNS & RELIGION" - Barack Obama
1:00 am "HOW TO BE THE TOP RECIPIENT OF 6-FIGURE CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS FROM FREDDIE MAC & FANNIE MAE LOBBYISTS" Barack Obama, John Kerry & Barney Frank
1:15 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Obama
1:30 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Hillary Clinton
1:35 am Bill Clinton insists Ted Kennedy drive Hillary home…

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#14 Aug 29, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
I do not care how many flags b. h. obama stands in front of he's still the self-serving marxist meathead who launched his political career from the home of the terrorist/communist bill ayers.
No one and I mean no one who stoops to allow himself to be mentored by bill ayers like b. h. obama did loves America or its Constitution. And the results of his deranged ideology have been disastrous for The United States of America. It is time to cease humoring the self-serving marxist man child...
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfi...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222128560757...
Romney/Ryan 2012
I agree. He's a PROUD Stalinist.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16 Aug 30, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
Sherman, set the WayBack Machine to the 2008 Democratic National Convention - Invesco Stadium, Denver…that way we can see exactly how America got into in the pathetic shape it is today…
Schedule of Events
7:00 pm OPENING FLAG BURNING
7:15 pm PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED NATIONS
7:20 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
7:25 pm NONRELIGIOUS PRAYER, IDOL WORSHIP & RACE BAITING - The "Reverends" Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Jeremiah Wright
7:45 pm CEREMONIAL TREE HUGGING - Darryl Hannah
7:55 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
8:00 pm HOW I INVENTED THE INTERNET - Al Gore
8:07 pm USING GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRATS & CARBON REDUCTION CREDITS TO EXTORT MONEY FROM AMERICAN CORPORATIONS - Al Gore
8:12 pm THE NEW FRONTIER: RUNNING YOUR OWN SHAMWOW FRANCHISE - Al Gore
8:15 pm GAY WEDDING PLANNING - Rosie O'Donnell
8:25 pm UFO's ... DO THEY CONTRIBUTE TO GLOBAL WARMING?- Dennis Kucinich
8:35 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
8:40 pm OUR TROOPS ARE WAR CRIMINALS - John Kerry
8:45 pm GROWING A $2 BILLION URBAN PROJECT INTO A $23 BILLION TAXPAYER LIABILITY - OUR STEWARDSHIP OF THE BIG DIG - Ted Kennedy & John Kerry
8:50 pm "IF JOHN MCCAIN IS ELECTED, I WILL LEAVE THE UNITED STATES" - Alec Baldwin
9.00 pm MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SADDAM, HIS SONS, INSURGENTS et al - Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon
9:15 WE’RE NOT MILITARY STRATEGISTS, ECONOMISTS, ELECTED LEADERS OR CONCERNED CITIZENS: WE JUST PLAY THESE ROLES AT DEMOCRATIC FUNDRAISERS: Matt Damon, Paris Hilton, Bruce Springsteen, Natalie Maine
9:30 pm DRIVER"S LICENSES, COLLEGE TUITION AND SANCTUARY FOR CRIMINAL ALIENS Patrick Leahy, Charles Schumer, Hillary Clinton
10:00 pm "CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? WE'RE AVAILABLE TO SPEAK!" - Gloria Steinem, Geraldine Ferraro, Al Gore, Michael Dukakis
10:30 pm CAREER ADVANCEMENT THROUGH CONGENITAL LIES, SELF-SERVING DECEIT, GENDER- BAITING, AND CONSPIRACY THEORY - Hillary Clinton
11:00 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
11:05 pm COLLECTION FOR THE OSAMA BIN LADEN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT FUND - Barbara Streisand
11:15 pm FREE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM GUANTANAMO BAY - Sean Penn
11:30 pm OVAL OFFICE AFFAIRS - William Jefferson Clinton
11:45 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
11:50 pm HOW GEORGE BUSH BROUGHT DOWN THE WORLD TRADE TOWERS - Howard Dean & Dennis Kucinich
12:15 am TRUTH IN BROADCASTING AWARD - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore
12:25 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
12:30 am SATELLITE ADDRESS - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
12:45 am NOMINATION OF BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA - Nancy Pelosi
12:52 am "THE AMERICAN HEARTLAND: CLINGING TO GUNS & RELIGION" - Barack Obama
1:00 am "HOW TO BE THE TOP RECIPIENT OF 6-FIGURE CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS FROM FREDDIE MAC & FANNIE MAE LOBBYISTS" Barack Obama, John Kerry & Barney Frank
1:15 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Obama
1:30 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Hillary Clinton
1:35 am Bill Clinton insists Ted Kennedy drive Hillary home…
Perfecto!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Paris

#17 Aug 30, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Good point; lots of toilet stall toe tappers partying in Tampa tonight.
Oh that's right you and Weiner were there.........something about the Occupy Group at the tent city were giving two for one bj's......for granola donations.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#18 Aug 30, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
How old are you and what prison are you living in?

Crazy talk - even the repubes deserve better - and that is saying something!

Paris

#19 Aug 30, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you and what prison are you living in?
Crazy talk - even the repubes deserve better - and that is saying something!
CHICAGOLAND: Teachers union gives 10-day strike notice...TEACHERS PAID FOR BY THE GOVERNMENT ALLOWED TO STRIK………….I thought it was always about the kids………CIVIL UNIONS SUCK.
Another failure brought to you by the Department of Education and Liberals.

Chris Matthews says word 'Chicago' is racist...Po ol’ Chris, that tingle he be feeling be da blood seeping out his brain.

Secret Service gun inadvertently left in Romney plane lavatory...uh oh, a scene right out of the God Father.

Obama tells voters to watch Republicans, but he's not...Depression is a terrible thing for the Loser in Chief……….
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#20 Aug 30, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Good point; lots of toilet stall toe tappers partying in Tampa tonight.
Just ask Larry 'tap three times' Craig!!

Paris

#21 Aug 31, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask Larry 'tap three times' Craig!!
really, Larry said he only had to tap once for you......you're faster than the average bear boo boo.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22 Aug 31, 2012
They view utter failure as a sign that victory is near?

Wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

W. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump choosing white men as judges, highest rat... Thu Moe 40
News Experts: Bush groping allegations would be hard... Nov 15 Laredo 1
News Former US President Barack Obama in Chicago for... Nov 14 WelbyMD 45
News Gingrich: GE 'clever' to avoid corporate taxes (May '11) Nov 12 RayGONE 142
News Jeb Bush defends brother, says George W. Bush '... (Sep '15) Nov 9 RIP 21
News Power of anti-Trump resistance in question in V... Nov 7 Guy 17
News Halloween house brings "Trumpian" nightmare alive Oct 23 Trump is the Best 1
More from around the web