Should've asked John Waters

Full story: Baltimore Sun

For its commencement speaker this spring, Goucher College has snagged Matthew Modine , an accomplished actor, director and screenwriter who's made some admirable personal choices.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2008
cash kammer

Ardmore, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Laura. Laura. Laura. Why are you wasting your talents on these dull and uninteresting topics? These "stories" are the stuff of Susan Reimer. In one word. Meaningless. Peyser. Malkin. Ingram. Yes, and God forbid Coulter. I'm not suggesting you go conservative, but you need to rant. I known it's there. Some of your past articles have proven that. Spew that fire in the belly and give your readers a journalistic roller coaster ride.
Dru

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Actually, Oprah Winfrey has already given a commencement address at Goucher - in 1981. At the time, she was a local talk show host on Baltimore's "People Are Talking." It was a good address, including a rendition (in character) of part of Soujourner Truth's "Ain't I A Woman" speech. Ironically, I had the impression that the college powers-that-be were less than enthused about the choice of speaker. I guess we of the Class of '81 could see the future a little clearer than they could.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vision Quest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Celebrate Madonna's Birthday With Her Five Best... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Bimbo Madonna 1
Madonna Nude Photo To Be Auctioned (Jan '09) Jan '09 Don 3
There are two sides to Material Girl (Oct '08) Nov '08 khosrow 5

Search the Vision Quest Forum:
•••
•••