Bloody movies needn't be black and white

Bloody movies needn't be black and white

There are 3 comments on the Journal News story from Dec 24, 2006, titled Bloody movies needn't be black and white. In it, Journal News reports that:

Mel Gibson began his film career playing a character named Scollop in a minor league surfing thriller known both as 'Summer City' and 'Coast of Terror.' Clint Eastwood's beginnings -films like 'Revenge of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal News.

Thomas

UK

#1 Dec 27, 2006
Kenneth Turan is a film critic for the Los Angeles Times. This article is a personal attack on Mel Gibson and is very transparent, disingenuous and he obviously has an axe to grind.

Even if he can't give Gibson credit for directing he can at least give him credit for acting. Can you imagine Clint playing Hamlet?
Peter

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jan 2, 2007
MEL GIBSON'S NEXT MOVIE?
I understand that Mr. Gibson is in talks to produce a movie based on Klothild de Baar's new novel entitled "I BOW TO THEE, MY COUNTRY" the story line of which is as follows:
When the beautiful Lady Astrid marries the Crownprince of Devland, all the world rejoices over the grand fairy-story event. It was thought to be a love match for the good of the monarchy, the country, and the world. But as the young Princess grows into her new position, her early successes and overwhelming popularity begin to disturb the insanely jealous Crown Prince, who seeks solace in his old mistress' bed. Overjoyed by her triumph in winning back the affections of the Crown Prince, the mistress Camombert abandons her lesser husband and children without as much as a second thought for their welfare to serve her weak and lusty lover. However, as time passes, her ambitious appetite is no longer satisfied with the role of hidden mistress. She targets the Crownprince's weakness skillfully, and enlists his help with ease. While the two of them coldly taunt and torment the heart-broken Princess Astrid, Camombert plans the eternal silencing of her formidable, and always victorious rival with deadly persistence and accuracy. This presents Her Majesty, the Queen of Devland, with a terrible private and public dilemma, and as the world mourns its princess in an unprecedented outburst of grief, she must search her heart and soul for the right course of action.
----------
Nicholas Hayashi

Canada

#4 Dec 9, 2007
Hi! I am Klotild de baar's grand son and am suprised to see some thing on the internet about my grandmother that even she doesnt know about.
This is awkward, but she is happy that u arent informing her so dont bother. thanks!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Unforgiven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Actor Gene Hackman's other career (Mar '14) Mar '14 In our town 3
News No One Wants To Watch Big Budget Westerns At Th... (Jul '13) Jul '13 not alone 1
News Eastwood says he'd love to be directing at age 105 (Apr '13) Apr '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Police: Gene Hackman slaps homeless man in NM (Oct '12) Nov '12 Kicks2012 26
News Clint Eastwood on the Good, the Bad and the Ugl... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Nigel Hendricks 1
News Clint Eastwood is Mitt Romney's opening act (Aug '12) Sep '12 MWE 5
News Eastwood Goes Off-Script in Romney Endorsement (Aug '12) Sep '12 joey 10
More from around the web