Eddie Griffin act in Miami halted over repeated use of N-word -...

A performance by standup comedian Eddie Griffin was stopped after he used the N-word repeatedly, a magazine's spokesman said Wednesday. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fla Guy

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 Sep 5, 2007
What happened to freedom of speech?
Is Black Enterprise magazine absent of tolerance?
They have a lot to learn. Maybe I can abridge their speech.
pat of cocoa

United States

#3 Sep 5, 2007
white people should stop using the phrase white trash, my god does not make people trash only sinners.
SRicket

AOL

#4 Sep 5, 2007
Fla Guy wrote:
What happened to freedom of speech?
Is Black Enterprise magazine absent of tolerance?
They have a lot to learn. Maybe I can abridge their speech.
If I'm paying the bills, I can turn off the Mike. The comic was being paid to make them laugh.
vbhitek

Jonesboro, GA

#5 Sep 5, 2007
What's funny about using racial slurs? Real comedians don't have to use profanity or racial slurs to make people laugh! You guys are amune to these slurs you find nothing wrong hearing them in public. If ya lived back in those days when it was demeaning, you wouldn't have that attitude about free speech!
Lawdog

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#6 Sep 5, 2007
Wait a minute, didn't they nearly lynch a white comic for doing the same thing. People are too sensitive these days, its just a word. After all blacks use it all the time !!
vbhitek

Jonesboro, GA

#7 Sep 5, 2007
Wait a minute, didn't they nearly lynch a white comic for doing the same thing. People are too sensitive these days, its just a word. After all blacks use it all the time !!

And that's just the problem. People nowadays are comfortable using the word. Just because you hear many comedians & rappers using the word, don't excuse anyone to use it in a public place, club or in a public function. If people are comfortable of using racial slurs, how come only you here the N word come up? It's always cool to use that word, but anything else is totally edited or censored. If you can't spew a slur around certain people on how they will look at you, maybe then you shouldn't use it at all!
CommonSense

Vinemont, AL

#8 Sep 5, 2007
Nice to see they're policing their own instead of screaming only when white people use the term.
orl71

Orlando, FL

#9 Sep 5, 2007
vbhitek wrote:
What's funny about using racial slurs? Real comedians don't have to use profanity or racial slurs to make people laugh! You guys are amune to these slurs you find nothing wrong hearing them in public. If ya lived back in those days when it was demeaning, you wouldn't have that attitude about free speech!
Real comedians? Like Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, George Carlin or Chris Rock. Yeah, I've never heard those guys use profanity or racial slurs before. I guess those guys are B listers though.
Jennifer Miller

Palm Bay, FL

#12 Sep 5, 2007
FINALLY! It's time for black people to stop allowing other black people to degrade us. We are quick to get upset when non-blacks use the word, but if we hold ourselves to a higher standard, then others will follow.
Cold Realist

Dunnellon, FL

#14 Sep 5, 2007
Its about time the double standard goes away. Blacks call each other the N word constantly and thats ok but if a whitey does they have a sh*t fit.
Lawdog

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#15 Sep 5, 2007
Very true . Americans waste too much time and energy on crap like this. Our country is being invaded by illegal 3rd world trash and this is all that we worry about .
Jennifer Miller wrote:
FINALLY! It's time for black people to stop allowing other black people to degrade us. We are quick to get upset when non-blacks use the word, but if we hold ourselves to a higher standard, then others will follow.
Black Guy Speaks

United States

#16 Sep 5, 2007
Black people hate Eddie G. He is void of any talent. His career is being recycled somehow I don't know why. EG is the lamest so called comedian to this date. Regardless of the letter before O and after M, see I didn't say it...I have yet to see any funny Black comedians these days. I mean nothing they say makes me laugh to tears. The material is torture. I sometimes look at other audience members and you can see it on there faces. I mean the look is one that bekons another drink. Well other ethnic comedians suck too, but that's another topic. There is just a lack of talent out there. Going to the Improv and getting sloshed . You laugh because the ETOH is tickling your inhibitions and judgement. But truthfully there is nothing funny about todays comics. EG supports every word of what I'm talking about. Can you name one memorable comic show of recent time? That's not amnesia. Talent is in rare form but dumb EG isn't.
ol ron

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2007
I thought the Rev. Al Sharpton buried the "N" word recently. Has it been resurected?
Good Guy- Volusia county

Orlando, FL

#18 Sep 6, 2007
Exactly what does the word mean? Does it have a meaning? If it does does truth matter? If it has no meaning then its use should not matter. If it does have a meaning, then its use must be applied on a case by case basis.Blacks are known for frequently using the phrase, or expression, "M-F'ER" that is clearly repulsive!!! I personally do not like either term.
Uuuuhhh

United States

#19 Sep 6, 2007
Yes, of course it has a meaning. It's what the slave owners used to call thier slaves. I never could understand why blacks called other blacks that??? I guess - like you - many of them don't know what the word means either. If you're asking for the origan of the word - that doesn't really matter, nobody really knows for sure where the "F" word comes from but it sure does pack a punch - right.

Since: May 07

Montgomery, AL

#20 Sep 6, 2007
Uuuuhhh wrote:
Yes, of course it has a meaning. It's what the slave owners used to call thier slaves. I never could understand why blacks called other blacks that??? I guess - like you - many of them don't know what the word means either. If you're asking for the origan of the word - that doesn't really matter, nobody really knows for sure where the "F" word comes from but it sure does pack a punch - right.
the "F" word comes from old english, the king would decreee who could wed and have children, it was called "Fornication Under Command of the King"

Since: Feb 07

Brentwood, NY

#21 Sep 6, 2007
Jude H wrote:
<quoted text>the "F" word comes from old english, the king would decreee who could wed and have children, it was called "Fornication Under Command of the King"
That's a myth. Nobody knows the true origins of the word but it most certainly wasn't the result of an acronym.
Miami Sucks

AOL

#22 Sep 6, 2007
the N word is just like any other word. Its the formation of a few letters and given a definition. The word itself is no different , but the meaning it represents is what puts people on edge. I only get mad when a certain group uses the word and its ok, but a certain pale group uses it, and the N's go crazy. The word is either used equally by everyone or no one should use it......
STEPHENS

Auburn Hills, MI

#25 Sep 6, 2007
THE MEANING OF THE SO CALLED N WORD IS ONLY KNOWN BY THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY . SO CALLED WHITE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE COMPLETRLY EGNORANT ABOUT THIS WORD. MAYBE THE WORD POLICE SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO TO GIVE THE MEANING OF THIS WORD BEFORE REJECTING ITS USE.
free this

Belle Glade, FL

#27 Sep 7, 2007
Lawdog wrote:
When blacks use the N word it's not a racist statement . It's meaning is the same as dude , kool kat or friend . The white Comic used the N word to degrade blacks . The same can be said if I called someone a Redneck it might not go well with that individual . If Jeff Foxworthy uses the same word it's funny .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Undercover Brother Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan And Terry Crews Co... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Kimberly 1
News Griffin gets the hook for using N-Word (Jul '09) Jul '09 Theresa Mitchem 1
News Neil Patrick Harris to Host "Saturday Night Liv... (Jan '09) Jan '09 hex 1
News Happy Birthday, Eddie Griffin (Jan '09) Jan '09 Irwin N 2
News Eddie Griffin has a new DVD called 'Freedom Of ... (Aug '08) Aug '08 Lenna 1
News 'SNL' Alum Chris Kattan Weds Model - Comedian f... (Jun '08) Jun '08 shaun 1
News 'SNL' Alum Chris Kattan Weds Model (Jun '08) Jun '08 jack 3
More from around the web