Perry bringing 'For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow is Enuf' to theaters.

There are 20 comments on the www.eurweb.com story from Sep 5, 2009, titled Perry bringing 'For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow is Enuf' to theaters.. In it, www.eurweb.com reports that:

*Tyler Perry and Lionsgate has announced that they once again coming together to to produce and distribute a new film.

This time it's Ntozake Shange's award winning 1975 play "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow is Enuf."

Perry will write, direct and produce. The film will be the first project for 34th Street Films, Perry's new production company, which is housed at Lionsgate.

"Colored Girls" will feature an all-star cast of female actors. Principal photography is scheduled to begin in Atlanta in November 2009 and continue through December 2009. Lionsgate plans to release the film in 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eurweb.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Shed so many tears”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 6, 2009
SMH!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Norfolk, VA

#2 Sep 6, 2009
Thank god, Perry finally got a clue. His own work will never get respect, it just isn't very good.

Actually, "For Colored Girls..." isn't very good either, but at least Perry grasps the fact that his own writing sucks.

This is a step in the right direction.

Since: Jul 09

London, UK

#3 Sep 6, 2009
WTH??
Gorious

Newark, NJ

#4 Sep 6, 2009
This should be interesting.

Since: Apr 07

Austin

#5 Sep 6, 2009
all star cast??? damn!! he's going to pick those stupid black actors that they keep rotating in other black films. i'm tired of seeing them in every black movie. i can already guess the cast.

why not show new faces?

Norfolk, VA

#6 Sep 6, 2009
djhixx wrote:
all star cast??? damn!! he's going to pick those stupid black actors that they keep rotating in other black films. i'm tired of seeing them in every black movie. i can already guess the cast.
why not show new faces?
He'd have to pay real talent real money which is something Perry doesn't want to do so he gives us those people he gets from the local housing projects' theater group.

Probably pays them in food stamps.

Austin

#7 Sep 6, 2009
Gary Lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
He'd have to pay real talent real money which is something Perry doesn't want to do so he gives us those people he gets from the local housing projects' theater group.
Probably pays them in food stamps.
what are you talking about? you do the typical black actors they use for most of the black movies? they're not poor, they take all the roles.

Norfolk, VA

#8 Sep 6, 2009
djhixx wrote:
<quoted text>what are you talking about? you do the typical black actors they use for most of the black movies? they're not poor, they take all the roles.
Maybe you're right.

But getting back to Perry's plan to make "For Colored Girls..." a movie. Why is he doing this? "For Colored Girls" was a piece of self-indulgent crap best left back in the 1970s with all the other blax-exploitation crap. Even the playwrite's name was a paean to self-indulgent crap: Ntozake Shange.

It wasn't quality drama. It was a black feminist mess that only appealed to overweight black women who couldn't hold on to a man: which may be why you like it.

Spike was right about Perry. He has no discernment.

Austin

#9 Sep 6, 2009
Gary Lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you're right.
But getting back to Perry's plan to make "For Colored Girls..." a movie. Why is he doing this? "For Colored Girls" was a piece of self-indulgent crap best left back in the 1970s with all the other blax-exploitation crap. Even the playwrite's name was a paean to self-indulgent crap: Ntozake Shange.
It wasn't quality drama. It was a black feminist mess that only appealed to overweight black women who couldn't hold on to a man: which may be why you like it.
Spike was right about Perry. He has no discernment.
don't judge me. when did i say i like it or wanted to see it? i hate all Perry films, and this might be the worse.

and for you information, i'm not fat and you don't know any about my love life.

Norfolk, VA

#10 Sep 6, 2009
djhixx wrote:
<quoted text>don't judge me. when did i say i like it or wanted to see it? i hate all Perry films, and this might be the worse.
and for you information, i'm not fat and you don't know any about my love life.
Lady, this ain't about you. I'm just using you as a foil to smoke out when of those sob sisters who think "Colored Girls" is the greatest thing since Whitney Houston's latest comeback.

Perry's been taking a lot of heat for his crap movies so he decided to produce somebody else's crap work. The problem is he chose a work that's about the same sort of one-dimensional, self-indulgent world view we see in all of his work, a work written by a suicidal, man-hating black woman that spawned a thousand copy-cat man-hating authors and playwrights, especially all those "Waiting to Exhale" wannabees.

And what's a grown man doing producing a black femenist manifesto anyway? What's wrong with this fucking guy? That's why everyone is losing their patience with him. First he's running around dressed in drag, now he wants to produce Ntozake Shange’s black man hating crap. Why doesn't he just get a sex operation and a white husband and be done with it?

“Feel The Rainbow!!!”

Since: Mar 09

Looneyville, TX

#11 Sep 7, 2009
I know that I responded to Gary Lloyd's comment on the forum, "Thomas Jefferson: The Face of a Rapist",#300, but it was removed. It's the same thing that has happened to a number of sisters who responded to its' comments, after it had responded to their comments first. Gary Lloyd has a serious problem when others, especially black women disagrees with its comment. It sells them out by reporting the women's comments as abusive, just like the little b*tch that it is! Gary Lloyd is a little sellout b*tch who can dish it out but the simple, narrow minded, country azz b*tch can't take it! It thinks that because it is disagreeing with the fact that Sally Hemings was not raped by Jefferson, it can make an impression like the Tom that it is and get away with insulting and antagonizing black women. Correction, b*tch! You commented in your #300 forum that because your dimwitted azz think that because I'm from the project, I have a learning disability. But, YOU DON'T KNOW ME like that, you twisted b*tch azz freak!!! And remember, b*tch! You're not above reproof. Enjoy your trip to hell, ho'!!!

“Feel The Rainbow!!!”

Looneyville, TX

#12 Sep 7, 2009
Gary Lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady, this ain't about you. I'm just using you as a foil to smoke out when of those sob sisters who think "Colored Girls" is the greatest thing since Whitney Houston's latest comeback.
Perry's been taking a lot of heat for his crap movies so he decided to produce somebody else's crap work. The problem is he chose a work that's about the same sort of one-dimensional, self-indulgent world view we see in all of his work, a work written by a suicidal, man-hating black woman that spawned a thousand copy-cat man-hating authors and playwrights, especially all those "Waiting to Exhale" wannabees.
And what's a grown man doing producing a black femenist manifesto anyway? What's wrong with this fucking guy? That's why everyone is losing their patience with him. First he's running around dressed in drag, now he wants to produce Ntozake Shange’s black man hating crap. Why doesn't he just get a sex operation and a white husband and be done with it?
And you are lying about being black. You think your racist azz can get away with making derrogatory and insulting comments about black people and when they respond to your racist theories, you think that you can have their post removed and get away with it?! Think again. You think that you are superior now, don't you, freak. I got news for your wicked azz. YOU, freak, are superior to no one!! You never have been and you never will be!
Queen

Webster, NY

#13 Sep 7, 2009
crazee5oh wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are lying about being black. You think your racist azz can get away with making derrogatory and insulting comments about black people and when they respond to your racist theories, you think that you can have their post removed and get away with it?! Think again. You think that you are superior now, don't you, freak. I got news for your wicked azz. YOU, freak, are superior to no one!! You never have been and you never will be!
stop spamming all the posts.

btw, crazee is a great nic for u.
good job.

Norfolk, VA

#14 Sep 7, 2009
crazee5oh wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, the guy in this video (it's me) looks pretty black to me.

Now how about proving you're black?

http://video.google.com/videoplay... #

“Feel The Rainbow!!!”

Looneyville, TX

#15 Sep 7, 2009
Gary Lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, the guy in this video (it's me) looks pretty black to me.
Now how about proving you're black?
http://video.google.com/videoplay... #
FOOL! That's a picture of Flava Flav! And the difference between me and you is, I know who I am. But if you are black, which I doubt very seriously, you're lost! Me on the other,... I don't have to proof sh*t to you. I'm not lost. And I know who I am!

“Feel The Rainbow!!!”

Looneyville, TX

#16 Sep 7, 2009
Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
stop spamming all the posts.
btw, crazee is a great nic for u.
good job.
Thank you. But I'm not spamming any of the post because I do not exactly know what spamming is.
yungin black

Monterey, CA

#17 Sep 7, 2009
lame.

“Feel The Rainbow!!!”

Looneyville, TX

#18 Sep 7, 2009
Gary Lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything Tyler Perry touches turns to gold. Perry is the man! And he is going to be the man for years to come. The thing that I also like about Perry is the fact that he is his own man. He opened a lot of doors for black entertainers who never really made it in Hollyweird because the actors was either "too much of this or not enough of that". But Perry is a talented genius. He changed all of that. So don't be surprise if He sur passes the big named Hollyweird producers and studio owners. Looks to me like Perry is there for the long haul.
babymatic

Virgin Islands, U.S.

#19 Sep 7, 2009
oprah did you help tyler perry name this show?

Norfolk, VA

#20 Sep 7, 2009
crazee5oh wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything Tyler Perry touches turns to gold. Perry is the man! And he is going to be the man for years to come. The thing that I also like about Perry is the fact that he is his own man. He opened a lot of doors for black entertainers who never really made it in Hollyweird because the actors was either "too much of this or not enough of that". But Perry is a talented genius. He changed all of that. So don't be surprise if He sur passes the big named Hollyweird producers and studio owners. Looks to me like Perry is there for the long haul.
Yeah, well, I'm sure if I shared your sexual orientation and was raised in the projects I'd think Perry was God too. The problem is I wasn't raised in the projects so my standards are higher than yours.

Media is pure ghetto but you wouldn't know that because the women in your family are just like her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Filmmaker Tyler Perry donates $1M to NAACP (Nov '09) Dec '09 Pam Grier 26
News Preview for Movies Being Released in September ... (Oct '09) Oct '09 shauna 1
More from around the web