'twilight' highlights a friendship - ...

'twilight' highlights a friendship - HI Life

There are 17 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 16, 2009, titled 'twilight' highlights a friendship - HI Life. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Donna Shockley watched "Twilight" 108 times. Lori Wright watched it 99 times and later installed a 10-by-20-foot outdoor screen in her back yard so she could host monthly DVD parties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Alan Cummings

Port Angeles, WA

#1 Oct 16, 2009
I wonder if these two have taken their meds today? They sound like a couple of nutcases. I am the first to admit that I have seen some movies more than once, but 4 times is the limit. 108 times? Time to call the men in the white coats.
Nuuanu_Rez

Honolulu, HI

#2 Oct 16, 2009
This is just pathetic. Enough with lame vampire shows, books and movies. These two are more pathetic than Trekkies or Star Wars geeks.
tweet

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Oct 16, 2009
i wonder what they'll do with all that stuff once the obsession wears off. but it's not my money, so none of my business.

personally ... i DON'T like what twilight has done to the vampire genre. excessive use of black eyeliner and mascara does not define a vampire. next up will be a plaid frankenstein and werewolves who OD'd on nair.
Make my Day

Tustin, CA

#4 Oct 16, 2009
It seems their real lives are not too great. I feel sorry for their families.

“Keyboard Cowboy”

Since: Feb 09

Harrogate.

#5 Oct 16, 2009
Overdose on nair. Lmfao. I like you, you're funny. No sarcasm intended.

Anyway, "Twilight" is what I would like to call an abomination to the vampire fiction genre. I'm not a vampire fan but I'll tell you right now, Vampire Diaries and HBO's Original Series True Blood are both pretty good.

Vampire Diaries is set around two brothers who fell in love with the same woman back in the late 1860's--1864 to be precise. Ironically, that is the same year that the male lead in HBO's show True Blood, which premiered long before Vampire Diaries, was turned.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. So far, television shows and movies alike, especially Twilight, have torn whatever made a vampire 'cool' to pieces. Seriously. Twilight distorts whatever image a vampire was supposed to have to the point that both the shows True Blood and Vampire Diaries have made cracks IN THE EPISODES about how stupid Twilight itself is.

Bram Stroker is rolling over in the grave right about now. If you don't know who Bram Stroker is, you obviously aren't a vampire genre fan. You probably think Stephanie Meyer made vampires up.[goofyface]. She's like, a shittier version of J.K. Rowling. You know, the one without the talent for writing and all that.

I know I'm probably going to have a bunch of fat emo girls stabbing a voodoo doll with the name, "MRSTREET" wrote on it in mascara, but seriously. Come on. Grow up. Half of you are like, twenty. I can't walk down the hallway of my school without seeing that Edward queerbait's face 50 times. I have to look at him more than I do myself in the mirror. Come on, girls. Grow up.
whoever

Kailua, HI

#6 Oct 16, 2009
Come on folks. It's a harmless, guilty pleasure. Whether you're a Trekkie, Star Wars Geek, Harry Potter Nut, Twilight Nerd, whatever. Enjoy. I fully admit to being a Tolkien geek and if my husband had not been more sane and talked me out of it, one or more of my kids might have been named for those characters. There, I outed myself.=o)

Life is short and often very bumpy. Enjoy the harmless, silly things that make you happy.
Crazy

Honolulu, HI

#7 Oct 16, 2009
Twlight is only popular with the over sexed teen aged girls. Any good marketing person can tell you that if you can get the teenage girl market you stand to make loads of money. They are easily obsessed as they have not yet matured and easily fall into mania over anything "cute". Remember the Beatles remember all the screaming teens? Besides movies books and music. Cloths and makeup are a huge huge market. Teenage girls are immature and easily influenced into "popular" belief and easily fall into observe behavior.
Teach your children just because it is cute or someone says it is "popular" doesn't make it a good thing or right.
Crazy

Honolulu, HI

#8 Oct 16, 2009
obsessive behavior
luvsaga808

Wahiawa, HI

#9 Oct 16, 2009
Yay Donna and Lori!! So awesome that you get to share your story and give others a chance to see why so many people love the movie and the books. It was great meeting you Donna and I look forward to meeting you Lori...can't wait for the expo tonight, it's gonna be AWESOME!!=-D
luvsaga808

Wahiawa, HI

#10 Oct 16, 2009
The fact that it totally blows the roof off of what people usually think of vampires is part of the genius of it.

Usually people who aren't happy with themselves or their lives are the ones who feel the need to bash on those who are.
EAT DIXXXXX

Honolulu, HI

#11 Oct 16, 2009
haha you guys are losers
tweet

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#12 Oct 16, 2009
luvsaga808 wrote:
The fact that it totally blows the roof off of what people usually think of vampires is part of the genius of it.
Usually people who aren't happy with themselves or their lives are the ones who feel the need to bash on those who are.
i guess that means you're unhappy with yourself and your life since you're bashing on us.

some things shouldn't be touched. like bruce lee movies, the original speed racer, and bram stoker-era vampires. anything else are just posers and wannabes.
llamaboiz

Mililani, HI

#14 Oct 16, 2009
i cant believe some of you ppl, look addiction takes many forms, how many ppl can say they have no addictions of anytype what so ever??? huh? some ppl spend hours on their computer posting comments on news websites, how no-life is that?
EAT DIX

Ewa Beach, HI

#15 Oct 16, 2009
I know you ladies are old and lonely, and i hate to break it to you, but that guy in twilight doesn't care about you either.

And that won't change no matter how many times you watch it, or how much money you spend.
arm

Seattle, WA

#16 Oct 16, 2009
forks ,washington is sure making a lot of money off tourists....
tweet

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#17 Oct 19, 2009
llamaboiz wrote:
i cant believe some of you ppl, look addiction takes many forms, how many ppl can say they have no addictions of anytype what so ever??? huh? some ppl spend hours on their computer posting comments on news websites, how no-life is that?
oh, i don't know who would spend hours on their computer posting comments on news websites. do you, perhaps, resemble that remark? and, yes, changing user names frequently still counts.
Above the haters

Honolulu, HI

#18 Apr 12, 2014
Ignorant comments by some.....which only shows their intelligence level. Can't argue with fools, as they say. Others have a brain and enjoy their life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twilight Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Morning Bitch-Back! Kristen Stewart + Emma Ston... (Jun '11) Aug '17 malott008 5
News Jeff Goldblum and Wife Emilie Livingston Welcom... (Apr '17) Apr '17 ERIC 6
News With McCarthy playing Spicer, 'SNL' cranks up T... (Feb '17) Feb '17 The End Is Near 1
News Power Lesbians Rule at Cannes (May '16) May '16 Beauty QUEEN 3
News Kristen Stewart: Twilight made me feel 'feral' (Jul '15) Jul '15 Who 1
News Kristen Stewart: Hollywood is 'disgustingly sex... (May '15) May '15 Schnooki 2
News As Kristen Stewart turns 25, we take a look at ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 rah91 2
More from around the web