Depp, 'Dead Man's Chest' seaworthy despite some leaks

Full story: Insidebayarea.com

Michael Nesmith, the coolest Monkee, paraded the concept in his classic video "Elephant Parts." Pirates are ripe for satire.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Michele

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2006

Michael is the coolest Monkee without a doubt because he's my favorite like his is Micky. But, like how he worked with Winona Ryder in "Square Dance" in the way that she worked with Johnny Depp in "Edward Scissorhands", he did parody pirates in "Elephant Parts" the way I've seen some of the clips for it and the pirate scene is one of them. What else has been good for pirates, like how Mike mentioned Terry Gilliam(of Monty Python fame), is the fact that years ago, and I've seen video of this, the fact when George Harrison was into the whole Monty Python phenomena and used it to his advantage like how it was used when Mike did "The Monkees" because they did an episode called "Davy Jones' Locker" and they had a pirate scene, but, George sung a song with the troupe called "The Pirate Song". He had a backup band that played the music to "My Sweet Lord" because they thought he was going to sing it. But, instead, they quickly changed their tune when they heard him sing about his life of being a fictional pirate. In talking about "Dead Man's Chest", it's gotten some great reviews to my understanding like everything else he's done.
johnny depp fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2006

JOHNNY DEPP IS THE BOMB,BUT I LOVE MY BOYFRIEND MORE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Treasure Island Discussions

Search the Treasure Island Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Famous ship in Duluth proves popular (Jul '10) Aug '10 deer tracks 3
Ship that's been in major movies is a hit at Ta... (Jul '10) Jul '10 cheryl 1
bounty at city docks (Jun '10) Jun '10 scubeedew 4
Ship made famous in film docks for week in Ogde... (Jun '10) Jun '10 lmfa OFF 7
Christian Bale (Sep '09) Sep '09 Andries price 1
Yo Ho! 'Tis Talk Like a Pirate Day! (Sep '07) Sep '07 Brenda 10
sea of confusion (Jun '07) Jun '07 Dale 2
•••
•••