HBO Loves the 'Ladies' - Series based...

HBO Loves the 'Ladies' - Series based on 'No. 1 Ladies' Detecti...

There are 43 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Mar 10, 2008, titled HBO Loves the 'Ladies' - Series based on 'No. 1 Ladies' Detecti.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

HBO, which has said goodbye to several of its signature series in the past couple of years, has hired "The No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fightdfuture

Charlotte, NC

#1 Mar 11, 2008
I'll check it out since it has Idris Elba(yummy) in it
Steve

Newark, NJ

#2 Mar 11, 2008
I believe the name is Anika Noni Rose.
Bronnie

Forest Hills, NY

#3 Mar 18, 2008
I am looking forward to seeing this series. The books are wonderful.
Pam

Hayward, CA

#4 Mar 18, 2008
Does anyone know when the pilot film will air? Also, does anyone know if the series is still on now that Anthony Minghella has died?
Alfred

New Orleans, LA

#5 Jun 20, 2008
I would like to know when we can expect to view the Ladies' No. 1 Detective Agency on HBO.
Thanks
Djanie

Federal Way, WA

#6 Aug 11, 2008
I'm lookin' fwd to the series. I read have read all AMcS's books. How do we find out when it airs?
Djanie of LV NV

Federal Way, WA

#7 Aug 11, 2008
Pam wrote:
Does anyone know when the pilot film will air? Also, does anyone know if the series is still on now that Anthony Minghella has died?
Pam, did you ever get a reply? thx.
leslie

Irving, TX

#8 Sep 11, 2008
i saw the pilot when i was living in england. does anyone know if hbo is still going to show the 13 episode series? i cannot find any dates or information. the books and the pilot are brilliant.
Maya

Midlothian, VA

#9 Jan 4, 2009
Can't wait!! I love all the books! I visited northern Botswana last Fall, and asked several people I met, such as shop clerks, game guides and fellow customers in stores, if they were familiar with the books. Most said they were and that they had seen the movie on TV. They thought it was a good representation of Botswana - even though it depicts life in Harare and not the northern areas.
Jack Henderson

San Diego, CA

#10 Jan 17, 2009
I like the writeup on the Detective Agency, but I CANNOT find when it will be aired. Can anybody tell me when it will start?
Ann Shepherd

Montclair, NJ

#11 Jan 30, 2009
I just got HBO again so I can watch #1 Labies Detective Agency. When does it start?
Ann Shepherd

Montclair, NJ

#12 Feb 5, 2009
I only subscribed to HBO to see #1 ladies detective agency. when oh when will it be on
Nanny Pammy

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Feb 20, 2009
Jill Scott will be the perfect Precious. I can't wait to see Mma Ramotswe off my Kindle, and on the LG! This will replace MONK.
Nanny Pammy

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Feb 20, 2009
I just read in MORE that it premieres March 29!
Bella

AOL

#15 Feb 27, 2009
I read every book in the series and hope there will be more forthcoming. I also look forward to the series on TV and plan to let everyone know about it.
Flutist

Bel Air, MD

#16 Mar 29, 2009
i really enjoyed the show and watched it twice. I can't wait to see more of it.
Barbara

Portland, OR

#17 Mar 30, 2009
The show was as good as I had hoped it would be based on the books, and more! It was a delight and I look forward to more episodes.
kikipani

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Apr 3, 2009
I watched the show..... its was really cute. i shows culture,fashion and how other cultures interact with there children well done
Mary

Houston, TX

#19 Apr 8, 2009
I have read all the books, and this show is CRAZY good! All that I imagined, and more. Scott is fantabulous as Precious, and the secretary Rose is hilarious. All true to the books, except for the gay hairdresser, not in the book I don't think? But every show must have a homosexual in it nowadays, so ok. I'm watching or DVRing this show for the duration. Lovely, it is!
weley moran

Burbank, CA

#20 Apr 12, 2009
A refreshing new series, I can see this as an award winning show. Everything else has been done before. Let them try and copy this
I LOVE IT,,
wesley moran

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tootsie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Character Actor Charles Durning Dies at Age 89 (Dec '12) Dec '12 john 3
News Renowned character actor Charles Durning dies (Dec '12) Dec '12 Old Sam 1
News Durning, king of character actors, dies in NYC (Dec '12) Dec '12 Elmer 1
News Dan Aykroyd: Bill Murray won't do 'Ghostbusters 3' (Mar '12) Mar '12 Kathwynn 2
News SAG to Honor Durning With Lifetime Award (Nov '07) Aug '11 pro 2
News Rat Pack legend thrills Marlborough Jazz Festiv... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Andy Derrick 1
News HBO Loves the 'Ladies' (Mar '10) May '10 Gery Walker 5
More from around the web