Doug Pullen: Super Bowl, The Who a go...

Doug Pullen: Super Bowl, The Who a good combo

There are 1 comment on the El Paso Times story from Feb 1, 2010, titled Doug Pullen: Super Bowl, The Who a good combo. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

I am not a classic rocker by nature. My age, 52, would suggest otherwise. I am certainly of that generation of latter-day baby boomers who grew up on the rock music so inadequately known today as classic rock, a blanket term that really refers to certain artists and songs played on classic rock radio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

protester

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 2, 2010
THanks, Doug, for a wonderful article.
I'm in your age bracket and understand what you're saying completely. I love the Who and just feel that their destruction (Moon and Entwistle, drug overdoses) reflects the tragedy of "Our Generation." Everything about them is bittersweet to me. Their music is so beautiful it hurts!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tommy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Who to close Glastonbury festival 'with a b... (May '15) May '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News The Who Tapped Fill-In Drummer on Tuesday After... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Lauri Almany 1
News No Townshend for Super Bowl (Nov '09) Dec '12 PSty 21
News Ken Russell: An Appreciation (Nov '11) Nov '11 SFer 3
News Wednesday - 10/26/11 (Oct '11) Nov '11 Coleen 2
News You will not see me, feel me, touch me or heal ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 brett 2
News Kenney Jones: Quintessential British Drumming R... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Dan Perreira 1
More from around the web