Ken Russell: An Appreciation

Nov 29, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

One of the big surprises in my life came when I discovered that Ken Russell was happily married to a woman.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 30, 2011
CHAS

Dillon, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

Hate to see him go.
His movies were boring and claustrophic.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

Judged:

He was outrageously over the top for his time. A straight guy with a gay sense of camp and absurdity.
Besides the famous "Women in Love" wrestling scene one of my favorites is the last scene in "The Music Lovers" where a bunch of loonies eat out Glenda Jackson as she stands over a grate.

I have to admit I never saw "The Devils" with the holy water enemas and other such shenanigans.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

Agreed. He was an over the top director for an equally over the top decade.

If there was any director who encapsulated the overripe '70s, it was Ken Russell.
JohnInToronto wrote:
He was outrageously over the top for his time. A straight guy with a gay sense of camp and absurdity.
Besides the famous "Women in Love" wrestling scene one of my favorites is the last scene in "The Music Lovers" where a bunch of loonies eat out Glenda Jackson as she stands over a grate.
I have to admit I never saw "The Devils" with the holy water enemas and other such shenanigans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tommy Discussions

Search the Tommy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Who Tapped Fill-In Drummer on Tuesday After... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Lauri Almany 1
No Townshend for Super Bowl (Nov '09) Dec '12 PSty 21
Wednesday - 10/26/11 (Oct '11) Nov '11 Coleen 2
You will not see me, feel me, touch me or heal ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 brett 2
Kenney Jones: Quintessential British Drumming R... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Dan Perreira 1
Roger Daltrey will sing all of 'Tommy' at Targe... (May '11) May '11 Voiceless 1
Roger Daltrey Bringing Tommy Tour to North Amer... (May '11) May '11 Adam 2
•••
•••
•••