Happy Birthday, Harper Lee, Author of a oeTo Kill a Mockingbirda

Full story: findingDulcinea

Harper Lee's only novel, "To Kill a Mockingbird," is a Pulitzer Prize-winning classic, a staple of high school and college reading lists, and the favorite of millions of readers.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
michael hampton

Saxton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

i love this book it has a real strong meaning. and good job putting the website together
beth mcdougald

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

One of the best writers of our time, or of any time, Harper Lee soars among any in her work.
Lynn Laughlin

Owingsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

I think it is truly the "great American novel" - but I wouldn't tell
her that, from what I read of her,
attempts to say how much the book
has meant to you only tick her off!
Strange attitude of gratitude!
dadouzeb

Lynbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Harpern lee biography is deep and express a feeling of self-respect,informate how discrimination was and why.But according to the novel,finch who is father represent the one who can defende the rights of people was discrinate against.The biography is almostthe same,the message still the same in both.
dadouzeb

Lynbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

Always unstable than stable,w/o stable we are already raise on the top,stay stable we will stock w/ rage.it will not even say hello.
sidra

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

the writer was really good.she only concentrat on her studies.the cracter in to kill a mockingbird the lawyer finch she wrot about like her father.because her father was lawyer.she wrote really nicely.

“The Mystery Shopper”

Since: Jan 09

Undisclosed Location

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

I do so admire her 'saying what she had to say' and then stopping there, since she was comfortable with it. And keeping out of the public eye, there's a great deal of strength in a person who can turn away from the noxious, clinging strands of fame...
karina Bagdonavicius

Victor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

hey harper lee if there is anyway i could get in contacted with u please notify me asap or somthing i want to ask u a copule of questions im in 11th grade and want to interveiw you about your book if its at all possible please let me know!
Michael Webb

Wahroonga, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

I read this book over 40 years ago, in 1968 while at high school. We knew little of discrimination. This great book gave our 7th grade minds a look at the ugly world of prejudice. We did not like it then and I do not like it now. If I were to recommend a book to anyone to read it is this one. Why would you write another book when at your first attempt you contrived a timeless masterpiece? It is nearly 50 years since publication, my lifetime. By all means congratulate Harper Lee, but realise it is a book for today written some years ago, and concieve of a time when privacy was respected.
Darla

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

We need more books and more people like Haper Lee. If her book seems "overly moralistic", that is because we are sorely lacking morals today. Happy Birthday, Harper Lee.
Darla

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

I am Darla from Holley, New York. The ideas and values my students learned from "To Kill a Mockingbird" are the most important lessons they learned from our English class and ,I dare say, from all their studies.

Never underestimate the power of great ideas written with powerful words.
Bill S

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

To Kill a Mockingbird remains one of the greatest feats in American (if not world) literature.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent To Kill a Mockingbird Discussions

Search the To Kill a Mockingbird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Remembering Coretta Scott King (Nov '12) Nov '12 sweetcocoa 10
Trayvon Martin Case Arrest Ignites Academy's... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Blade 1
Symbols That Represent Social Issue? (Nov '11) Nov '11 AKang 1
TOM HENNESSY: 'Mockingbird' sweetest memory of ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Marian Wong 8
'Mockingbird' revisited (Jun '09) Jul '10 Louise marshall 10
Mockingbird' movie star visits are..... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Susan McBeth 1
Secular movies help churches get Lenten themes ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Areukidding 1
•••
•••
•••