Twentieth Century Props closes after nearly fourty years in Nor...

There are 9 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jun 10, 2009, titled Twentieth Century Props closes after nearly fourty years in Nor.... In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Approval of a Screen Actors Guild contract this week came a day late and too many dollars short for the entertainment industry's second largest prop company, which fell victim to the recession.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Halkshaw

United States

#1 Jun 10, 2009
With the change in TV your going to see the big net works go broke as 40 million people will lose TV service. Those who go with cable will watch all the new channels. The ads will not stay around and wait for the problem to get fixed. Many people do not have the money or can not get ou to buy what they need others can not bend over to change the hook ups. The stories will not have 40 million parts we need to take care of the problem. the Pay TV is behind this. They want free TV to fail your phone comapny is behind this as they go into wireless TV. America is taking a step back. And the people who can not afford will not have it. that is the great American way.
Richard Berger

Santa Monica, CA

#2 Jun 10, 2009
Fourty?! Try forty.
cassandrasue

San Diego, CA

#3 Jun 11, 2009
fourty, forty...doinks! How embarrassing for the editor! That could not have made it past a basic spell checker! Hope he/she doesn't lose their job over it, too many are going down the tubes.

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Jun 11, 2009
Richard Berger wrote:
Fourty?! Try forty.
Daily News no habla Ingles.
Norman Moore

South El Monte, CA

#5 Jun 11, 2009
Ayahuasca Shaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Daily News no habla Ingles.
I often find myself missing spelling mistakes, at first I just attributed it to aging. Now I think it is computers, because I always caught them in the days of typewriters and pen and ink. Plus they were harder to correct and no spell check in those days, so go figure.

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Jun 11, 2009
Norman Moore wrote:
<quoted text>
I often find myself missing spelling mistakes, at first I just attributed it to aging. Now I think it is computers, because I always caught them in the days of typewriters and pen and ink. Plus they were harder to correct and no spell check in those days, so go figure.
Typos are part of the job, although people are supposed to catch them
when they do it for a profession.

I find that nowadays, people just don't care how they spell......
'evin the simplest of thangs', LOL.

Chalk it up to poor 'edumication'.......
Buford Furrow

Buena Park, CA

#8 Jun 12, 2009
Ayahuasca Shaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Typos are part of the job, although people are supposed to catch them
when they do it for a profession.
I find that nowadays, people just don't care how they spell......
'evin the simplest of thangs', LOL.
Chalk it up to poor 'edumication'.......
Right on the topic, Garth, you TROLL

Rio Rancho, NM

#9 Jun 12, 2009
Buford Furrow wrote:
<quoted text>Right on the topic, Garth, you TROLL
CHEWIE!

You're stalking me, you naughty boy!

No M&M's for YOU tonight......

.....I know how much you enjoy separating the colors, LOL!
john krikorian

Burbank, CA

#11 Jun 19, 2009
Tip of the iceberg. When we have incentives that are true competitive incentives with those from other states we can stop tis bloodletting. When we can make California one of the Friendlist States to do busy in the USA instead of at the bottom tied with Michigan. As a matter of fact there is a studio in Detroit at this time filming for a tv series. The state has to be run like a business. When times are rough. You tighten the ship. Cut fat, cut expenses, Cut payroll, Reduce salaries and expenses, find less expensive ways to do business at the same time striving to stay solvent. Tax increases at this time on top of those that we recently had are not the answer. AB 32 which is for greenhouse gas emission will dramatically ncrease the cost of doing business and impact small business. The same can be said for ithe increases being planned for Water by the MMWD. How can we compete, with other states, globally when small business is challenged by regulations, workers comp., health care and so it goes. Be Bold and Smart at the same time. Play Offense and Defense in today's economic slide.

Listen to small business. Lets bring the Gold back to California.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Titanic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican media pan message of 'Avatar' (Feb '10) Apr 29 zubda 4
News Titanic family had ties to the Lehigh Valley Apr '15 Ahab 1
News Luke, Look at the Figs There Ain't no Climate C... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Earthling-1 12
News Scoop: RESURRECTION on ABC - Sunday, March 9, 2014 (Mar '14) May '14 Arcadian 5
News Avril Lavigne unveils Billy Zane as secret musi... (Aug '13) Oct '13 Avril Lavigne 2
News Five other movies that should have been disaste... (Jun '13) Jun '13 alienandrea 2
News James Cameron urges boost in oceans research (Jun '13) Jun '13 fukuda 1
More from around the web