Tarantino's Django stirs the pot on r...

Tarantino's Django stirs the pot on racism

There are 8 comments on the The Waterloo Region Record story from Jan 11, 2013, titled Tarantino's Django stirs the pot on racism. In it, The Waterloo Region Record reports that:

Here's the thing about Django Unchained : it's wildly entertaining, critics love it and it's on track to become one of the biggest hits of director Quentin Tarantino's career.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Waterloo Region Record.

Jahx

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Cool movie. White pigple being slaughtered is always a guaranteed fun.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Jahx wrote:
Cool movie. White pigple being slaughtered is always a guaranteed fun.
How juvenile...

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 13, 2013
I think people take issue with the revenge message when it shows white people getting their comeuppance.
Black Deal

United States

#4 Jan 13, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
I think people take issue with the revenge message when it shows white people getting their comeuppance.
But white mfs were slaves to by BLACK moors

You hardly hear them white mfs bitch about slavery
UNCLE BEN

Finksburg, MD

#5 Jan 13, 2013
AA are a joke. White people don't take y'all seriously. Unless you're THE OBAMAS, Colin Powell, Julian Bond, MLK, JR, etc.

So few Blacks are worth respecting or admiring.

Black people have been overcome a long time ago.
They are the last on the rung. Hispanics are working hard and doing better. I like them.

I DONT LIKE INNER-CITY BLACK FOLKS.

DO YOU?

I DIDN'T THINK SO.

KKK Imperial Wizard:

"My fellow KKK members don't need to lift a finger these days. Young black boys are MORE THAN HAPPY to kill each other. We can sit back and relax. We watch the local news every night from Chicago, Baltimore, Wash DC, etc, and have a good old time."

“ News”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 13, 2013
I think it's a message to black people that white people are no longer going to have power over blacks soon. I know I and many blacks who saw that movie could see the modern day uncle toms and house negroes just by going to work everyday. I know I could. The character who fit me in that movie was Django, because I told those white folks and house negroes off in spades at the end, after those white folks spent several years practically trying to lynch me for standing up alone for what's right on that plantation type job.

A lot of people had issue when Django blew away that white women in the end, but it put a spin on the image of some of these modern day weak older black men who seem to have sympathy on these white women when these same women let themselves be used as instruments to fire and destroy black mens careers and in somes cases even their lives every day, but go unchallenged in a sneaky way using there womanhood as a cover up.

When I saw Django blow away that white women, it made me think about that white women boss who made life miserable for me everyday on my job until they forced me out, all because the white man told her too. She didn't care enough about the stress related health problems she was causing me. When I found out I didn't need that job, I told everybody off in spades who came to me the wrong way in that last hour, except that white women boss. She decided to play it safe and kept her mouth closed, but still pretended to write down everything I said, and I didn't even use cuss words because none of them were good enough for cuss words.

I could already see she was going to get it in the longrun. She was beginning to have nightmares, probably out of guilt. A few times it seem like she wanted me to asked God to make it stop. She also suddenly began having serious arthritis pain in her hand making it harder for her to type. I could tell she had it coming and some.

I'm not going to go into further detail, but everybody who participated in keeping me miserable on that job had a bad ending one way or another. That's why I could relate to this movie, however I probably won't watch it again.
Chocolate fountain

Pickens, SC

#7 Jul 28, 2014
Kerry Washington was pretty hot and Leo should have won an oscar.
juice

New York, NY

#8 Aug 13, 2014
Kerry was lovely as usual

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thriller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Army Research Grant to Explore Communication Th... (Sep '08) 1 hr John Doe 12,250
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... 7 hr andet1987 43
News Jodie Foster joins rally against Trump travel ban Thu okimar 7
News Jewish Cop Busted Mel Gibson (Aug '06) Mar 21 Bob Masters 392
News Director, Steven Spielberg, with his wife at th... (Jan '09) Mar 16 Abamdoned memories 16
News Indianapolis man sells thousands of Batman coll... Mar 16 Batman is cool 2
News Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving (Jul '06) Mar 14 Hillary Vomit 35
More from around the web