Nick Cassavetes and Cameron Diaz on '...

Nick Cassavetes and Cameron Diaz on 'My Sister's Keeper'

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 25, 2009, titled Nick Cassavetes and Cameron Diaz on 'My Sister's Keeper'. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Real men do shed tears. That's the conclusion one gets from sitting down with Nick Cassavetes, the 6-foot-6-inch, square-jawed, mustachioed, multi-tattooed film director who was so wild and belligerent as a kid that his mother -- actress Gena Rowlands -- gave him a suitcase for his 16th birthday so he could pack up and move out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

AJs Dad

Chapel Hill, NC

#1 Jun 25, 2009
This year alone 12,000 children in the US and 160,000 across the world will be diagnosed with cancer. It is the #1 killer disease of kids under 20, more than from asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, congenital anomalies, and pediatric AIDS combined. Chances are 1 in 300 ANYONE's child will be diagnosed with cancer before age 20. And the chances are 1 in 4 they will not survive........did you know that??

This is REAL life.....I lost my 14 year old son....my hero. CHILDHOOD CANCER IS REAL AND HAPPENS.....Help us...help the kids....click the link and help...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/CureChildhoo...

AJs Dad
Co-Founder
People Against Childhood Cancer
http://curechildhoodcancer.ning.com/
Lisa Molina

United States

#2 Jun 25, 2009
I'm not Cameron Diaz, but I am a real mom of a real child with cancer, and yes, I would "jump off a cliff" to save my son. I truly hope this film captures the hearts of a large audience, so that more people will get a glimpse of what families with a child with cancer must endure. My 13 year old son is now battling leukemia for the 2nd time. I read this book after he was pronounced "cured" never dreaming that he would relapse within a year. I hope this film brings awareness that cancer is the #1 disease killer of children and that 1 in 5 children with cancer will die and the "lucky" survivors will have to deal with long-term effects of treatment the rest of their lives. Less than 3% of all cancer funding goes to childhood cancers. Our kids with cancer are too often shown on posters and in movies, but are forgotten when it comes to finding a cure.
Please help these kids - go to www.thepetitionsite.com/1/CureChildhoodCancer
Rita

AOL

#3 Jun 25, 2009
Congenital heart defects affect approximately 1 in 100 births. According to the American Heart Association each year in the United States, 36,000 babies are born with heart defects. The March of Dimes says that congenital heart defects (CHD) are the number one birth defect killer. In the US, each year twice as many children die from CHD than from all childhood cancers put together. However, research for pediatric cancers is 5 times that of CHD. Why is that? There is a lack of awareness of congenital heart defects; therefore, there is also a lack of funding for research into the causes and prevention of this killer of our children. Please remember those children born with heart defects as they struggle to survive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

There's Something About Mary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vulgar and tasteless 'Movie 43' a new low (Jan '13) Jan '13 Katie Mellish 2
News Review: 'Bad Teacher' Scrapes Passing Grade (Jun '11) Jun '11 James Kristin 2
News Movie Review | Hall Pass: Crass comedy a low fo... (Feb '11) Feb '11 matt l 1
News Poor Jennifer Aniston Can't Even Do Well on TV ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 CharlesP 1
News Two major announcements for downtown Rochester (Aug '09) Aug '09 Diane 3
News Diaz celebrates spirit in 'My Sister's Keeper' (Jun '09) Jun '09 Heart Mom 3
News Zac Efron Finds There's Something About Ben Sti... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Alys x 1
More from around the web