Elvis Presley edges out Cliff Richard as biggest selling UK male artist

Oct 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Music-News.com

The Official Chart Company in the U.K. are gearing up for next month's 60th anniversary of their first published chart with countdowns of some of the biggest artists of the era.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jan 17, 2013
True EP Fan

Ennis, TX

#1 Oct 19, 2012
Elvis is biggest seller.How can that be?I thought MJ sold more of everything everywhere.NOT!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 19, 2012
Shock MJ #3 hee hee

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Oct 19, 2012
Elvis is still The King.
Dolbyscat

Abbotsford, Canada

#4 Oct 19, 2012
As a kid in England in the 60's Cliff Richard was a favorite of my sisters, I was never much of a fan of his, but he sure has an enviable record, and surely deserves what accolades he gets, 54 years as a successful artist thats quite a career. Although I didn't buy his music, his guitar player Hank Marvin was the main motivator for me learning to play the guitar. Hank (and the "Shadows") were instrumental (pun intended) for many players starting their careers, notably Mark Knopfler, it's the reason for his red Stratocaster guitar.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5 Jan 17, 2013
octo wrote:
Elvis is still The King.
Please remove the statement that mj is the biggest selling pop artist with an estimated sales of 750 million

1) the Wall Street journal did an article debunking the 750 million sales as a pr stunt. In the article it even mentions that some news outlets began using that number . Those sources have been cited in the mj wiki article .( obviously all incorrect )
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1247606516123...

2)mj is NOT the biggest selling pop artist either . Sony bmg released a public press statement that " unequivocally , elvis Aaron Presley is the biggest selling artist in the history if POPular music " Sony also is the record company of mj . Sony itself considers elvis the biggest selling pop artist. Please remove the line from mj wiki.

~~~~

Please pass on to others so they can help change the errors in the mj wiki article by posting this on this link
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AMichael...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Elvis is king

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Young Ones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
silence on the young ones (Jan '14) Jan '14 Born in 1968 1
I've had last laugh, says Adrian (May '10) May '10 filmjoyce 1
The Bad Shepherds - Troy Donockley, Adrian Edmo... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Angela 1
Students used to get a proper education in hard... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Tony 1
Frustration over theatre's 'no refund' policy (Aug '09) Aug '09 Ron Phillipa 1
Review: Summer Holiday (May '09) May '09 micheal jackson 1
Cliff Richard - Cliff Richard Teams Up with the... (Nov '08) Nov '08 KissandTell 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

The Young Ones People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••