The most pop-culturally significant s...

The most pop-culturally significant song of all time ever in th...

There are 25 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Jun 29, 2009, titled The most pop-culturally significant song of all time ever in th.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

9 on the singles chart when it was released in 1981. Yet the song has had a lifespan that's long outlasted most No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#21 Jul 3, 2009
I agree about Streets of Laredo (I'm losing the quotes for song titles...pain in the ass to type, and this ain't English class, lol). Unfortunately, country/western is the only one of the larger musical genres in which I have little background, so I'm at a loss for many c/w songs.

Of course, if I was going to be completely evil, I'd say that the theme song from Barney the Dinosaur is culturally significant, if only because it makes most sane adults want to call in air strikes on their televisions while it's playing.:D
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#22 Jul 3, 2009
Yeah, or even the theme to All In The Family or My Three Sons, Beaver, where does this madness stop.....lol.
OCGirl

Irvine, CA

#23 Jul 3, 2009
Go Blue wrote:
OCGirl, don't limit pop culture to just the music in your young lifetime, everyone's time is different...[edited length]
agreed Go Blue!

i love that song "Maybe I'm Amazed" it has been all over the place. i'm very unfamiliar with James Taylor, but i do know the song "You've Got a Friend," i like Carole King's version. yeah that's another big one.

love your theme songs suggestions...lol. oh, and you can't forget the theme song to the Brady Bunch, "there was a lady...." hahahaaaa, yeah where does this madness stop? as you can see from yesterday i could not stop!! have a good 4th y'all!!
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#24 Jul 3, 2009
Yeah, everbody have a great fourth, guard the dogs from the noises and don't blow any fingers off....i have the sweaty job of two racks of babybacks on the grill...we should add the 1812 Overature...lol...
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#25 Jul 4, 2009
Actually, in terms of "pop culture," naming the 1812 Overture makes just as much sense as Smells Like Teen Spirit or Bridge Over Troubled Water. I'm sure Tchaikovsky would be gobsmacked to hear his music being played for Burger King commercials, at the end of American July 4th fireworks and elsewhere.:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Wedding Singer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wednesday, May 28, 2014 on The Morning Show (Dec '14) Dec '14 for community 1
News Do you say 'he' or 'she'? Who decides? (Aug '13) Oct '13 TerryE 7
News Adam Sandler's Laziness: Why Nothing Changes in... (Jul '13) Jul '13 New China 1
News Excitement mounts for CEC musical (Apr '09) Oct '12 dukepayen 2
News Old, new musicials join 'Lion King' and 'Jersey... (Apr '07) Oct '12 dukepayen 2
Theme song (Mar '09) Oct '12 dukepayen 2
News 'Wedding Singer` spicy fall musical - Fort Morg... (Nov '10) Oct '12 dukepayen 6
More from around the web