M. Night Shyamalan Scouts Possible Fi...

M. Night Shyamalan Scouts Possible Filming Location in Berks Co...

There are 7 comments on the WFMZ story from Feb 11, 2009, titled M. Night Shyamalan Scouts Possible Filming Location in Berks Co.... In it, WFMZ reports that:

Berks County's famed pagoda could soon hit the silver screen as part of an M. Night Shyamalan film.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

roger

Northampton, PA

#1 Mar 18, 2009
Will someone please explain this towns fascination with this relic?? Who is drawn here by it?? Was it really worth the money to update it? M. Night should do us a favor and blow it off the mountain in his next big movie!! And if the crater created is big enough maybe we could bury that really cool twisted metal artwork at the "gateway to reading" in the hole...

Max Pain

“Why so SERIOUS? ”

Since: Jan 09

It's hard core up in da woods

#2 Mar 18, 2009
roger wrote:
Will someone please explain this towns fascination with this relic?? Who is drawn here by it?? Was it really worth the money to update it? M. Night should do us a favor and blow it off the mountain in his next big movie!! And if the crater created is big enough maybe we could bury that really cool twisted metal artwork at the "gateway to reading" in the hole...
It reminds Reading and the surrounding area of its japanese heritage...what's wrong with remembering your past? I loved seeing the gateway artwork when it was delivered...... it fell of the truck. That was nice.
Brittni

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Mar 28, 2009
I heard that there are places to sign up to be an extra for this movie and that M. Night Shyamalan is coming to Reading, PA. If anyone knows how to apply to be an extra please let me know!
Brett

Blackwood, NJ

#4 Mar 28, 2009
Roger, the post you made is just ignorance. The pagoda is a relic, something that has defined the city for many years. But if we should blow it up, what about others, more defining relics, as your post insinuates destroying other relics that define things is alright to do. Think before you post things like this. Im from Reading, and find this rude. Im sure Spinnerstown has some cool things to define it, way better than our Pagoda or the fire tower. Have some respect for other people and their history before you post like that.
Ted

AOL

#5 Apr 1, 2009
I actually think that's pretty cool.
For a director like M. Night Shyamlan to select Reading for movie scene, well here's to wishing he does

Frisco, TX

#6 Apr 10, 2009
The next Shyamalan film is called "The Last Airbender", based on the hit television series on Nickelodeon, "Avatar: The Last Airbender". They removed the name "Avatar" because of the fact that it supposedly interfered with James Cameron's movie title.

The plot is obvious for anyone who is a fan of the show. It takes place in a world of four nations: the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. The Avatar disappeared for a hundred years, allowing the Fire Nation to wage war on the other three nations, wiping out the Air Nomads during their first attacks. The main character, Aang is the last airbender, trapped in suspended animation in an iceberg in the South Pole for 100 years during the war and eventually found by Southern Water Tribe teenagers, Katara (a waterbender), and Sokka, her brother. Aang is the Avatar, the only one who can master all four of the elements and the only one who can ultimately defeat the Fire Nation after a century of unrest. The heroes decide to make a journey to the Northern Water Tribe for Aang to master waterbending in the first season of the show, which this first movie is based on.
C Carver

Tampa, FL

#7 May 30, 2009
are you nuts, there is plenty of information on this movie

http://www.lastairbenderfilm.com

Go and sin no more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Airbender Casting Racist? (Jan '09) Sep '11 SteelersFan1973MK 26
News Casting Call: Will Smith & Jaden Smith Heading ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Flora bieber smith 1
News M. Night Shyamalan Announces Bruce Willis as Le... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Hahahaha 1
News Would you watch Shyamalan's Devil? (Nov '10) Nov '10 Erik Taurus 1
News Opting out (Sep '09) Sep '09 Concerned 22
News Pilots: 'Boardwalk Empire' Recruits Michael Pit... (Feb '09) Aug '09 Stinky Johnson 5
News Bryce Dallas Howard joins third 'Twilight' film (Jul '09) Jul '09 Danica 1
More from around the web