Actor Tony Curtis dies at Las Vegas-area home

Full story: LA Daily News

Tony Curtis molded himself from a 1950 s movie heartthrob to a respected actor, showing a determined streak that served him well with such films as "Sweet Smell of Success," "The Defiant Ones" and "Some Like It Hot." The Oscar-nominated actor died about 9:25 p.m. PDT Wednesday at his Henderson, Nev., home of a cardiac arrest, Clark County Coroner ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Burbank Boy

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

You were a "Class Act". Great to work with, Go with Dod.
Fred Mertz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Burbank Boy wrote:
You were a "Class Act". Great to work with, Go with Dod.
I assume you mean "God", dingus?
Good buds with him, were ya? yeah right.
John

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Why would you have better things to say about Liberache than Marilyn Monroe ?
BigSee

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

My dad built Tony Curtis' swimming pool back in the 1960's. He has always spoken of Mr. Curtis with great fondness -- my father worked for many celebrities over his 50-year career in construction and Tony Curtis and Danny Kaye are the ones he always says were the best people he ever worked for. My Dad relates that Mr. Curtis would come out and joke around with him and his crew and on many occasions liked to roll up his sleeves and help out -- at one point even helping my Dad unload sacks of cement (at 98 lbs. each) to the job site.

I'm surprised that in all the references to his films no mention is made of "The Great Race" -- certainly not an Oscar performance but it's a film that is beloved by many.

“I believe in Michael”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Oh, what a shame -great actor, an inspiration to Elvis amongst others. I had the pleasure of meeting him once a couple of years back and he still had those lovely twinkling eyes.
Frank B

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Totally agree with "Ruby-Red". He was an inspiration to many great actors.
By the way, I'm actually moving to Los Angeles, where can I go online to find local rental ads in LA?
Jonathan

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

I just remember laughing and laughing and laughing when I saw 'Some Like It Hot' many years ago in black and white. That is what Hollywood was really about, true entertainment and talent. Hollywood's canned laughter is at the opposite end of the spectrum.
joto

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

rest in peace!
Fred Mertz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Jamie Lee Curtis was born a dude...we all know that, right?
Like a G20

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Jonathan wrote:
I just remember laughing and laughing and laughing when I saw 'Some Like It Hot' many years ago in black and white. That is what Hollywood was really about, true entertainment and talent. Hollywood's canned laughter is at the opposite end of the spectrum.
@Frank B, Find local rental ads in Los Angeles: http://www.acerenting.com/losangeles . Their search feature is powerful in organizing results based on exactly what you're looking for. They also have a website for items for sale by owner in LA at http://www.acewebads.com/losangeles.ca

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Vikings Discussions

Search the The Vikings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tony Curtis | 1925-2010: Star grew into respect... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Eleanor 1
Actor Tony Curtis dies at age 85 (Sep '10) Oct '10 Sam 3
Tony Curtis dies at Las Vegas home (Sep '10) Oct '10 THE LOVE MACHINE 6
Actor Tony Curtis dies at 85 | The Columbus Dis... (Sep '10) Sep '10 movingtocolumbus2012 4
Actor Tony Curtis dies at Las Vegas-area home (Sep '10) Sep '10 peterpun 1
Actor Tony Curtis dies at Las Vegas-area home (Sep '10) Sep '10 The real - NICE 4
Tony Curtis dies at Las Vegas home (Sep '10) Sep '10 Mr_Bill 1
•••
•••
•••