Yes way. Chicago's conduct code is a priceless legacy

The Chicago Way. What is it? Is it easily abused? Is it dangerous in the wrong hands? This is critical, as the nation's eyes turn toward Chicago's federal building, where Barack Obama 's personal real estate ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Elliot Treis

United States

#49 Mar 6, 2008
That explains why he is against the Iraq War. He,s got the Iraqi connection.
Depot Jim

Lisle, IL

#50 Mar 6, 2008
John, I finally saw your videos on The Chicago Way. They were great. My father worked for the City of Chicago for over 40 years between the 1920's and 1968. And he know many of the major figures. It seems nothing has changed to The Chicago Way except the characters. You must never run out of material to write about in this city.
Mike N

United States

#51 Mar 6, 2008
Yep, Obama is guilty of...something. He just won't tell us what, which makes it even worse. Expecting reporters and columnists actually to do their jobs and show us the trail of evidence that must be there--he's guilty, after all--is really low of Mr. Obama. Of course, he says he's done nothing wrong, but where's his proof, right? I mean, who should have to prove what? The accuser that the accused did something wrong, or the accused prove that he didn't do...whatever it is that he did wrong? And even when, as with this 'story', he can't really prove what he didn't do wrong because nobody, including Mr. Kass, has the guts to make anything more than gauzy innuendos as to what Mr. Obama should prove he didn't do. As for Mr. Kass, the trouble is that he talks the talk, but he doesn't walk the walk. He hates incompetence, law-breaking and corruption, he really does, but looked the other way for seven long years while the Bush administration took us to new depths of incompetence, law-breaking and corruption. Kass hates local corruption, he really does, but found nothing to write about as one sordid, fact-based story after another came out about one of the most famously corrupt politicians and lawyers in Chicago, Fast Eddie Vrdolyak. But just buy a house at less than the asking price? NOW Mr. Kass has a 'story' to flog for years. Nothing wrong with protecting yours and going after theirs--it's the Chicago way, right?--but just cut the corn about being the champion of of truth, justice and the American way.
nonna

Duluth, MN

#52 Mar 6, 2008
Note to self......

Note to self.....do not ever vote for a Chicago politician who would have the audacity to run for a national election. It's just not the American way.
Dave

Chicago, IL

#53 Mar 6, 2008
Wow, the "Chicago Way" is in full effect here. The moderators continue to delete messages defending Obama.
chuck

Grayslake, IL

#54 Mar 7, 2008
how about the niles way? i guess you forgot about that, i enjoy your writing but..........niles is as corrupt as anywhere in chicago and you and you know it.
The Kid

AOL

#55 Mar 7, 2008
Midwestern Progressive wrote:
Is there something <em>specific</em> about the alleged Rezko-Obama connection that you'd like to address?
Something tangible? Can you articulate specifically what you're trying to allege with your innuendo linking Obama to Rezko?
Can you explain what it means, specifically what you are stating, clearly and unambiguously, about Obama's conduct or actions, when you attempt to link him to Rezko?
You never do that - you just state "Obama's real estate fairy" and never explicitly state what that means. Was there something illegal or unseemly about a real estate transaction? If there was, articulate it. Are you try to imply that Obama and Rezko are sexually involved (i.e. "fairy")? If you are, state so clearly.
Otherwise, you're just another administration shill spouting republic party talking points.
When did you stop beating your wife, Kass?
Progressive my ass! Another Blind Obama supporter. The term "Obama real estate fairy" says it all (at least until Rezko spills his guts). This has nothing to do with my politics, only common sense.

Since: Feb 08

Chicago, IL

#56 Mar 7, 2008
Pat wrote:
Where is the beef in this story? Saw ya on Glen Beck's last night and thought for sure you would present us with the smoking gun on Senator Obama. Hell this story is just more of the same ole innuendo and guilt by association stuff that is much about nothing. For shame for shame.
Absolutely. Nothing but fluff and association to try and sell some papers.

Yes we can!!!!
American Chick

United States

#57 Mar 7, 2008
Depot Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
If "schemer A" is guilty he should go to jail too.
Yes he should
WhataJackKass

Chicago, IL

#59 Mar 7, 2008
what would a wannabe-tough-guy-poseur know about the "Chicago way" anyway?
The Kid

AOL

#60 Mar 7, 2008
The term "bama's personal real estate fairy" pretty much captures the essence of the house buying episode. Most people missed the statement made by Obama two weeks ago when he was forced to recollect that he and Rezko viewed the properties TOGETHER prior to the sale. The reason for this new and important "little" admission by Barack was forced by the fact that the sellers gave a statment to the press. Go back to 2005 and read Obama's fuzzy recollection as to Rezko's involvement in the house purchase when he answered questions from the press. No mention of that he and Rezko visited the property together. Is there a criminal element to this issue? There may not be, but "oh what a tangled web we weave....."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Untouchables Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Captain's outrageous (Jul '11) Jul '11 Lyn Carol 1
Stephen Baldwin Sues Kevin Costner Over BP Gulf... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Cesium-137 1
Sean Connery immortalized with Estonian bust (Jan '11) Feb '11 horribly horne y 3
Illinois Keeps Obama at Arm's Length (Aug '10) Aug '10 Hawaiisurfer 1
Wiseman, who played villain in 1962 'Dr. No,' dies (Oct '09) Oct '09 discocrisco 1
Public Enemies - No. 1 (through 10) (Jun '09) Jul '09 Bilax91 2
Public Enemies, No. 1 (through 10) (Jun '09) Jun '09 George M 6

The Untouchables People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE