Yes way. Chicago's conduct code is a ...

Yes way. Chicago's conduct code is a priceless legacy

There are 51 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Yes way. Chicago's conduct code is a priceless legacy. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Chicago Way. What is it? Is it easily abused? Is it dangerous in the wrong hands? This is critical, as the nation's eyes turn toward Chicago's federal building, where Barack Obama 's personal real estate ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jim Blencoe Ottawa Ill

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Mar 6, 2008
The Chicago way? As Mike Royko used to say, "where's mine?"
Jack Bauer

United States

#2 Mar 6, 2008
The problem is, we'll have to wait for o'bama to further ruin the country before he ends up behind bars.
owens

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 6, 2008
the Chicago Way, steal from the working man & give to the royalty!
Depot Jim

United States

#5 Mar 6, 2008
Great article. This place is the most corrupt in the country. A good newsman covering Chicago politics has a field day in this town. You never run out of material for articles. If Obama is as clean as his national cult of followers claim, this will be an all time first for Chicago. The Tony Rezko corruption trial is just starting. I think the fun is about to begin. Of course being true Chicago Democratic politicians, our corrupt politicos will claim that they are not guilty and deny everything. Now that is the Chicago Way.
Pat

United States

#8 Mar 6, 2008
Where is the beef in this story? Saw ya on Glen Beck's last night and thought for sure you would present us with the smoking gun on Senator Obama. Hell this story is just more of the same ole innuendo and guilt by association stuff that is much about nothing. For shame for shame.
More

Newington, CT

#9 Mar 6, 2008
Mr: Greek!! You are one of very few reporters that tells it like it is.. I love how you fry the politicians on a pan like a nice pan of Flaming saganaki..
There is only one other reporter that was as close to reporting as you.. Walter Jacobson.. He also told it like it is..
Depot Jim

United States

#10 Mar 6, 2008
More wrote:
Mr: Greek!! You are one of very few reporters that tells it like it is.. I love how you fry the politicians on a pan like a nice pan of Flaming saganaki..
There is only one other reporter that was as close to reporting as you.. Walter Jacobson.. He also told it like it is..
The late Mike Royko was also great at exposing our corrupt politicos in Chicago.
Reader

United States

#11 Mar 6, 2008
Great read,

Thanks John
Mike

Lexington, KY

#13 Mar 6, 2008
Great article - and right on target.
Daley and the Cook County board are exactly why I left for S. Illinois.
There aren't that many hacks in Cook Coounty - I really love that one!
What an imbecile.
It's simply amazing what they get away with and avoid being held accountable for! How long will the residents of this city continue to vote for these baboons? I see no pride in being a resident of the most corrup political process in the nation, yet it continues.
Thanks Mr. Kass - you are one of the few with any guts to tell it like it is!
Depot Jim

United States

#14 Mar 6, 2008
American Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed that the Republicans are not saying too much about this. Thats because they are in it also. The top republican guy in Springfield - known as schemer A in the federal papers - had major dealings with Rezko too. They all have.
If "schemer A" is guilty he should go to jail too.
John J

Chicago, IL

#15 Mar 6, 2008
John Kass is the voice of the people taking on city hall! The articles are great but the videos....ahhh...the videos are spectacular! Keep up the great work!
James

United States

#16 Mar 6, 2008
My uncle use to direct traffic at Rndolph and Clark, and his pose as the same as George Washington. Saw you on Beck
last night. Cool John. Are you a Chicago Native? I am very familiar with the workings of Chicago politics, and if memory seves me right, Obama was essentially unchallenged for the Senate except for Keyes showing up and making look as though there were a contest. It surprises me that his has not been mentioned. His predecessor carried on the legend of graft and corruption and should have been jailed.
Unlike Hiillary's having to protect the party, that will not be the case when Obama or she hav to run against McCain.
Somone has pictures of either or both of them with a tied Goat?
Tim1979

Chicago, IL

#17 Mar 6, 2008
Mike wrote:
Great article - and right on target.
Daley and the Cook County board are exactly why I left for S. Illinois.
There aren't that many hacks in Cook Coounty - I really love that one!
What an imbecile.
It's simply amazing what they get away with and avoid being held accountable for! How long will the residents of this city continue to vote for these baboons? I see no pride in being a resident of the most corrup political process in the nation, yet it continues.
Thanks Mr. Kass - you are one of the few with any guts to tell it like it is!
Because as we all know, there aren't any political hacks or corruption in southern Illinois.

Thanks for the chuckle...
amazed

Montréal, Canada

#18 Mar 6, 2008
Why doesn't the Demorcatic Party take these allegations seriously?
If Obama somehow wins the nomination before any details come out publicly, then where will they be once the connections are made? How ridiculous they will look and what a loss, as McCain will be the new President.(but, imo, ANYONE but Obama is just fine with me...)
So many people see Obama's true self, and vow to vote McCain if Clinton doesn't get in. How dumb is the Dem Party? Really, how lost are they?
Dave

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 6, 2008
Another rambling column by Kass, all over the place in dropping names and insinuations but seriously lacking in making a cohesive point. I find it humorous that Kass thinks the national media looks to him for guidance. This is a guy who voted for George W. Bush TWICE for president. How did that turn out? Yeah, some real sharp insight you have there, Kass. Go shower at City Hall again, you maverick.
meeks

Chicago, IL

#20 Mar 6, 2008
I saw Kass this morning on WGN. Jay Mariotti now has serious competition for the title of "Mediocre Newspaper Columnist Who is Most Full of Himself" in Chicago.
David Krizka

Manteno, IL

#21 Mar 6, 2008
Get a life and get some new material already
JB Nimble

Inman, SC

#22 Mar 6, 2008
John Kass is right on. Barack the "change agent" shilled for Todd "the incompetent" Stroger when he had an opportunity to back a reform candidate for County Board President. But the machine so tightly controls county and city government, that could never happen.
The essence of the Chicago Way is Mayor McCheese, in the dead of night several years ago, sending out the bulldozers to Meigs Field. When confronted, his response? F.U. Classic.
daylily301

Villa Park, IL

#23 Mar 6, 2008
Another 5 star 2 thumb performance by John Kass. Keep up the good work, John, you have barely scraped the barrel!!
WIDE STANCE SPEAKS OUT

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#24 Mar 6, 2008
Obama got some help from Rezko. Just how much illegal funds did he get John? Or better what did he do for Tony? OOOoooooppss there you go again NOTHING you can tell us.

Let's see Haliburton KBBR moves to the Middle East stock goes up and up, 4000 Americans die for their profits. OVER AND OVER

Bush Sr, Oliver North, Elliot Abrahms, Robert Gates, Ronnie "Wake Me UP" Regan et al sell import and sell COCAINE and Crack to Americans to finance an unconstitutional and illegal war, they are heroes and their private corporations own the jails, spy on citizens and make profits from first selling the drugs, then investing the drug money then they send 10% of our population to their jails so they can make even more money, and on the side deal with that ugly little problem of black people.

Kass you are a bigger phony than the politicians you make your living off of. Why not just right a column on Greek Cooking.

No doubt Chicago is corrupt, but guess what the big cheese keeps getting elected. No one forces the voters to vote for him overwhelmingly, No one forces your paper to endorse him over and over.

What gutless WIDE STANCE hypocrites you are.

Oh and on TV you do look a lot fatter. Are you still trying to quit smoking? Or have you failed that too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Untouchables Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From Edinburgh milkman to James Bond: Sean Conn... (Aug '08) Oct '15 Scott 2
News Captain's outrageous (Jul '11) Jul '11 Lyn Carol 1
News Stephen Baldwin Sues Kevin Costner Over BP Gulf... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Cesium-137 1
News Sean Connery immortalized with Estonian bust (Jan '11) Feb '11 horribly horne y 3
News Illinois Keeps Obama at Arm's Length (Aug '10) Aug '10 Hawaiisurfer 1
News Wiseman, who played villain in 1962 'Dr. No,' dies (Oct '09) Oct '09 discocrisco 1
News Public Enemies - No. 1 (through 10) (Jun '09) Jul '09 Bilax91 2
More from around the web