Youths discuss life in Cuba

Youths discuss life in Cuba

There are 11 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Apr 5, 2009, titled Youths discuss life in Cuba. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

Giselle Palacios, the daughter of a prominent dissident family in Cuba, recounted Friday how the island regime's henchmen deflated her school grades, threw stones at her Havana home and jailed her parents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

“America la bella!!”

Since: Jan 07

que Dios te bendiga

#1 Apr 5, 2009
Yes I was invited to the "Generation- Action" Conference at UM. Very good sense of what Cuba really is for young people in and out of Cuba. Many students from other USA States..never knew the persecution in Cuba to all people including students. Andy Garcia is now dedicated to help cubanos students in the island.

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

Marco Island,Florida

#2 Apr 5, 2009
"Visiting the Castro-ruled island has long been a hot-button issue for many exiles, but López urged audience members to make the trip -- within legal means.

''It's really an experience that will be unforgettable for both you and them,'' López said about island youngsters.``Feel[ing] what they feel is very impactful for them.''

Let's lift the ban for Americans to travell to Cuba. This will create exchanges of ideas. Dictatorship can't handle that!

“America la bella!!”

Since: Jan 07

que Dios te bendiga

#4 Apr 5, 2009
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
"Visiting the Castro-ruled island has long been a hot-button issue for many exiles, but López urged audience members to make the trip -- within legal means.
''It's really an experience that will be unforgettable for both you and them,'' López said about island youngsters.``Feel[ing] what they feel is very impactful for them.''
Let's lift the ban for Americans to travell to Cuba. This will create exchanges of ideas. Dictatorship can't handle that!
Hi...... Miss Lopez was not by anymeans trying to Induce or influence on Tourism to Cuba. But to have an interchange with students in Cuba. Something that have been happened since many years ago,...... Politics were not discuss at the meeting. It Was Andy Garcia the only one to mentioned a bit about it.

Marco Island,Florida

#5 Apr 5, 2009
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
<quoted text>Hi...... Miss Lopez was not by anymeans trying to Induce or influence on Tourism to Cuba. But to have an interchange with students in Cuba. Something that have been happened since many years ago,...... Politics were not discuss at the meeting. It Was Andy Garcia the only one to mentioned a bit about it.
I know my friend!Andy Garcia in my opinion will be together with Obama a very important person in Cuba's freedom in the very near future!Another Cuban that will be very important will be the Cubanamerican Senator for New Jersey ,Mr.Bob Menendez!
Not Racist

Miami, FL

#6 Apr 6, 2009
Marie in Miami Fl wrote:
Yes I was invited to the "Generation- Action" Conference at UM. Very good sense of what Cuba really is for young people in and out of Cuba. Many students from other USA States..never knew the persecution in Cuba to all people including students. Andy Garcia is now dedicated to help cubanos students in the island.
Tell him to help you with your English...

Marco Island,Florida

#7 Apr 6, 2009
Not Racist wrote:
<quoted text>Tell him to help you with your English...
Come on 'Cherokee' what are you so mean to Marie!We know you dislike women(remember what you did to your ex-wife,when she found out that you were a closet homosexual),but Marie is a lady and a great Cuban!
PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Hialeah, FL

#8 Apr 6, 2009
"WE JUST DONT CARE QUOTES"
Come on 'LIEGER' what are you so mean to Marie The Cuban Spy in Miami !We know you dislike women(remember what you did to your ex-boyfriend,when he found out that you were a closet homosexual),but Marie The Cuban Spy is a ho and a great Cuban American Patriot!

WJDC
What are you doing on the topic of YOUTHS. Didnt FIDEL kick your a$$ out of CUBA for messing with YOUNG BOYS!

Marco Island,Florida

#9 Apr 6, 2009
PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN wrote:
"WE JUST DONT CARE QUOTES"
Come on 'LIEGER' what are you so mean to Marie The Cuban Spy in Miami !We know you dislike women(remember what you did to your ex-boyfriend,when he found out that you were a closet homosexual),but Marie The Cuban Spy is a ho and a great Cuban American Patriot!
WJDC
What are you doing on the topic of YOUTHS. Didnt FIDEL kick your a$$ out of CUBA for messing with YOUNG BOYS!
I think you are confused. The ones that mess around with boys are 'Cherokee' and your alterego 'tinsnip13'!
hola

Rush City, MN

#10 May 11, 2009
hi
hola

Rush City, MN

#11 May 11, 2009
it was cool seein all my loved one haha lmao lol
hola

Rush City, MN

#13 May 11, 2009
i was jk hahaha\01
DONT TXT OR CALL THAT NUMBER ITS MY
GRANDMAS PHONE NUMBER!! LEAVE HER ALONE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Untouchables Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From Edinburgh milkman to James Bond: Sean Conn... (Aug '08) Oct '15 Scott 2
News Captain's outrageous (Jul '11) Jul '11 Lyn Carol 1
News Stephen Baldwin Sues Kevin Costner Over BP Gulf... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Cesium-137 1
News Sean Connery immortalized with Estonian bust (Jan '11) Feb '11 horribly horne y 3
News Illinois Keeps Obama at Arm's Length (Aug '10) Aug '10 Hawaiisurfer 1
News Wiseman, who played villain in 1962 'Dr. No,' dies (Oct '09) Oct '09 discocrisco 1
News Public Enemies - No. 1 (through 10) (Jun '09) Jul '09 Bilax91 2
More from around the web