'Breaking Dawn' to be broken into 2 f...

'Breaking Dawn' to be broken into 2 films

There are 18 comments on the Salon.com story from Jun 11, 2010, titled 'Breaking Dawn' to be broken into 2 films. In it, Salon.com reports that:

In this film publicity image released by Summit Entertainment, Kristen Stewart, left, and James Pattinson are shown in a scene from, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse." "Twilight" fans will have twice as much to sink their teeth into for the saga's final chapter, with "Breaking Dawn" to be released as two movies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salon.com.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 12, 2010
"Sucking" the series for all it's worth?
daisy

United States

#3 Jun 13, 2010
Earthling2010 wrote:
"Sucking" the series for all it's worth?
You got that right! Tweens, teens, Twilight Moms with no lives and $$ to burn.
val

United States

#5 Jun 24, 2010
daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right! Tweens, teens, Twilight Moms with no lives and $$ to burn.
haters are jelous get the hell outta here if u dont like it
noone wants you here
LAFOX

Teaneck, NJ

#6 Jun 27, 2010
I'm sure the reason is because so much happens in the final book, and it couldn't possibly all fit in one movie, even if the movie were 3 hours long.
cant wait

Austin, TX

#7 Jun 29, 2010
Wish it would be all in one movie. Not sure I can wait for two more movies "its killing me to wait". Hell "Titanic" was a four hour movie.
sarahyap18

Philippines

#8 Jun 29, 2010
yeah you are write
twi-agree

Hillsboro, WV

#9 Jun 29, 2010
LAFOX wrote:
I'm sure the reason is because so much happens in the final book, and it couldn't possibly all fit in one movie, even if the movie were 3 hours long.
The story line developed for two movies makes sense.....wedding, honeymoon, and insanely quick pregnancy (movie breaking dawn #1)...
bella-vamp and the attacking bad vamps...(breaking dawn #2).....of course there is all that money being made!!!!! Put all that together it would be a four or five hour movie and loss of the revenue. Actually, I think it will be worth the wait. Just think of what the CGs will be like and the extra big stars that will be recruited for all the extra vamps.
just wanted to say

United States

#10 Jun 30, 2010
i agree twi-agree i would like it in 2 movies that way it would fit the book and not so much taken out of it if wi 2 movies if not one but both should be about 3 hours long i can't wait till it comes out it is killing me i want to see the special effects of the last book they better be awesome and don't forget the new werewolves to
YES

Pollock, LA

#11 Jun 30, 2010
And don't forget all the new Vamps with special powers, that is gonna be awesome. And I can't wait to see Bella as a vampire and what her and Edward's baby Renesme looks like. The battle when the Volturi come with all their 'witnesses' and the Cullen's with all their 'witnesses' will be awesome. Then Alice coming at the very last second with the other child she tracked down that is like Renesme. Yay!!!!
wolfman

Harlan, KY

#12 Jun 30, 2010
it is gonna be simply amazing there showing all 3 here in studios in 2hours im now getting ready to go see it(HOWLS)
Reality

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Jul 26, 2010
Wait why!!!! Titanic was a long-ass movie. Nothing happens in the fourth book besides Bella gets preggers and then the whole volturi things. That's can be compressed in 2 hours to 3 hours. No offense if Breaking Dawn even comes out in November and June the sane time as the Harry Potter last movie it's gonna get crushed. They better have a good plan when to put it in movie theates.
Innocent xoxo

UK

#14 Jan 9, 2011
Waste of time. Read the book it sucked. Stepanhie Meyer didn't take time to write it! She wrote it when she was drunk probably? Bella Pregnant! What the hell!
Jacob imprints on Bellas Demon Baby! OH MY GOD!
The Volturi come to destroy the little basterd and then are like "She's immortal let's go back to Italy" They LEAVE?
Bella and Edward and their little shite live happily ever after!
Seriously waste of time reading that book. Worst book of the series. No exciting turn of events. Shittest Book Ever! Made no sense. Didn't fit in with the series. Worst book ever!!!
Innocent xoxo

UK

#15 Jan 9, 2011
Reality wrote:
Wait why!!!! Titanic was a long-ass movie. Nothing happens in the fourth book besides Bella gets preggers and then the whole volturi things. That's can be compressed in 2 hours to 3 hours. No offense if Breaking Dawn even comes out in November and June the sane time as the Harry Potter last movie it's gonna get crushed. They better have a good plan when to put it in movie theates.
Have you read the book? You'll understand if you have. There is to much to pack in one movie. That's why the are going to split it. If you're so caught up on it blame Meyer.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#16 Jan 13, 2011
I know that they divided Breaking Dawn into two films Lol (: It seems like a long long movie. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn!!

Since: Feb 11

India

#17 Feb 21, 2011
It will ruin the taste of the movie , I am sure .

“God can only judge me..”

Since: Feb 11

Valencia CA

#18 Apr 15, 2011
They HAD to split it into 2 movies because the book is so thick & so much storyline that it was impossible to pack it into one movie. I'm not that excited for Breaking Dawn but I read somewhere it is going to be better than the book and they're going to make a little twist in it here and there which I'm so excited about! The book had way too many condradictions, no climax, 3 amazing books finishing off into the fourth one which lead nowhere. Alot of people will disagree with me but trust me if you loved the first 3 there's no way you could love the last book. Total letdown. Meyer was obviously trying to please her fans by putting in random situations which are impossible and unlikely. I wish she would be more realistic and more in depth on where this book was going instead of no climax it went downhill!

“Really? Are you that stupid?”

Since: May 10

########

#19 Apr 15, 2011
Innocentxoxo wrote:
They HAD to split it into 2 movies because the book is so thick & so much storyline that it was impossible to pack it into one movie.
Or they're trying to get more money out of this dying series. It's only a matter of time.
Greek Divine

Athens, Greece

#20 Aug 4, 2011
Harry Potter idea stolen.Harry Potter franchise forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Jul '10) Apr '14 Cha 10
News R-Patz steps out with Sia Furler (Jul '13) Jul '13 hope and pray 1
Twilight Saga Star Kiowa Gordon NUDE Full Front... (Nov '12) Jan '13 scott 2
News Kristen Stewart Talks About The New Breaking Da... (Sep '12) Sep '12 knightsgambitrook2 1
Poll Team Edward or Team Jacob? (Jun '10) Nov '11 The Random Guy 137
Twilight fans needed for an online survey (Oct '11) Oct '11 Cynthia 1
News 'Twilight' Dominates MTV Movie Awards (Jun '11) Aug '11 Greek Divine 2
More from around the web