If at first you do succeed....

If at first you do succeed....

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from May 4, 2007, titled If at first you do succeed..... In it, Newsday reports that:

'Original scares me," says Lenny, the network executive played by Sigourney Weaver in the recently released comedy, "The TV Set." That sentiment comes from a small-screen potentate, but it also applies to the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Another Thought

Cary, NC

#1 May 4, 2007
"And that, gentle readers, is why there have been, are now and will continue to be sequels.

I don't think so. No one can come up with an original idea. The same plays are resurrected on Broadway periodically. TV stinks too.
Ronald Gendron

Englewood, CO

#2 May 4, 2007
This,"Summer of Sequels", just proves that
Hollywood is out of fresh ideas, for new movies! With movie tickets hovering around the $10.00 mark, I suggest that a new 'tier pricing system' be initiated, with only major 'blockbuster' films costing at least 100 million, be able to charge this outlandish fee! If the many independent film companies are able to make the 'cheapie' or 'quicky' ones, for a million or so, the public should pay accordingly.
You don't pay the same for a Cadillac as a Hyundai, even though both provide transportation! You don't pay the same for a mink coat as a cloth one, even though both provide warmth, so why should the public have to pay the same to see a $200 million dollar "Titanic" as a $250 thousand dollar,"Blair Witch Project"?
It's time the viewing public get what their money's worth!
MT Dixon-Howard

Castle Rock, CO

#3 May 6, 2007
I would love to see a film adaption of the suspense novel, MERGING WITH MONSTERS. Check out the latest reviews @ Amazon.com . But WARNING - this original thriller is NOT for the Faint-of-Heart!!
Erica G

Huntington, NY

#4 May 6, 2007
in May 6th's part II, where they explain what all the sequels are about, im outraged by what they put for shrek the third's bio. not only were the facts completely WRONG about what the movie was about, the writer was completely uninterested in even telling us what the movie would be about. Artie is not a cat, and all you had to do was go to the website to find out what the movie was really about. Im a big shrek fan, and seeing that and how people will be completely confused on this movie is wrong. The bio made it sound like this crappy sequel, when you dont know that. all the shreks have been great and im pretty sure this one will be the same.
Spidey Fun

Bronx, NY

#5 May 6, 2007
In honor of the new movie, here is a funny clip called "An Interview with Spider-man". It's on youtube (in two parts) at:

While there you might also enjoy a funny clip called "How to Turn on a Flashlight". You can see that at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The TV Set Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eric McCormack, Freddie Prinze Jr. land ABC pil... (Mar '09) Sep '09 Rena Moretti 14
News Sigourney Weaver to star in 'Prayers for Bobby:... (May '08) Jul '08 koby johnson 3
News Mulder, Scully to return in new 'X-Files' film (Apr '07) Apr '07 kinggi 1
News 'The TV Set' is tuned in to network satire (Apr '07) Apr '07 Carol 1
More from around the web