Happy Birthday, Fred Astaire, Dancing...

Happy Birthday, Fred Astaire, Dancing Film Star and Elegant Sho...

There are 4 comments on the findingDulcinea story from May 9, 2009, titled Happy Birthday, Fred Astaire, Dancing Film Star and Elegant Sho.... In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

A Broadway star who ventured to Hollywood mid-career, Fred Astaire quickly became the era's icon of grace, style and perfection.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

Holly

Long Beach, NY

#1 May 13, 2009
Thank you for this insightful and well researched article. I think you really understood a major part of why this man had such a long successful career-he never rested on his laurels and always wanted to improve and do something new. The only area in which he aspired to succeed, but that eluded him, mostly, is that he wanted to be a successful composer.
Devin

Monroe, NY

#2 May 13, 2009
Thanks, Holly. I very much appreciate comments from readers.
herman

Columbus, OH

#3 Jan 10, 2010
wht did he frequently half laugh at the end of some phrases/sentences?
Janet

Portland, OR

#4 Jan 11, 2010
Amazing that he went on to such success, given such an awful response to his initial screen test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Towering Inferno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News O.J. Simpson On 'Anger Management'? It's A Poss... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dr J 2
News Fatalities continue as Chicago defends Fire Codes (Jan '13) Jan '13 Southern Cool 2
News Bank foreclosing on O.J. Simpson's Florida house (Jan '12) Oct '12 MK-SKS 11
News Hollywood's Most Beautiful Women Part VI (May '10) Dec '11 frank d 3
navy outank firechief? (Dec '10) Dec '10 dave 1
News We think: O.J. Simpson may cry foul but his con... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Grandma Fudd 3
News Goldman Family Subpoenas Simpson Records (Feb '07) Feb '08 Red Bone 11
More from around the web