finally some one asked him the questi...

finally some one asked him the question!

There are 49 comments on the yahoo.com story from Nov 22, 2009, titled finally some one asked him the question! . In it, yahoo.com reports that:

FINALLY SOME ONE ASKED HIM THE QUESTION! YESTERDAY ON "ABC-TV" DURING THE "NETWORK SPECIAL ON HEALTH CARE". OBAMA WAS ASKED: "MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM AND JOIN THE NEW 'UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM' THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ?" (BET YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER) THERE WAS A STONEY SILENCE AS OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND CHOSE NOT TO ANSWER IT! IN ADDITION, A NUMBER OF SENATORS WERE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND THEIR RESPONSE WAS. "WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT." AND THEY DID. IT WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY ON THE NEWS THAT THE " KENNEDY HEALTH CARE BILL " WAS WRITTEN INTO THE NEW HEALTH CARE REFORM INITIATIVE ENSURING THAT THAT CONGRESS WILL BE 100% EXEMPT. SO, THIS GREAT NEW HEALTH CARE PLAN THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND ME IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OBAMA , HIS FAMILY OR CONGRESS? WE (THE AMERICAN PUBLIC) NEED TO STOP THIS PROPOSED DEBACLE ASAP! THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG! PERSONALLY, I CAN ONLY ACCEPT A UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE OVERHAUL THAT EXTENDS TO EVERYONE, NOT JUST US LOWLY CITIZENS. WHILE THE WASHINGTON "ELITE" KEEP RIGHT ON WITH THEIR GOLD-PLATED HEALTH CARE COVERAGES. If you don't pass this around, may you enjoy his Plan!

Join the discussion below, or Read more at yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Clyde

United States

#41 Dec 24, 2009
well ty so much OT --- wish u a Merry Christmas and the best new year ever ,
old fart

New Tazewell, TN

#42 Dec 27, 2009
what i can,t understand is why liberals and all the millionaires in Hollywood cry for compassion, still retain their wealth. i will put the same question to you that David Novak put to Micheal Kingsley. who is stopping you from giving your wealth away to us poor democrats?

Since: Aug 09

Sneedville, Tennessee

#43 Feb 1, 2010
I wish that we could find a Senator to introduce this bill in the US Senate and a Representative to introduce a simular bill in the U.S. House.

Congressional Reform Act Of 2009:

1. Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below.

A. Two Six year Senate terms
B. Six Two year House terms
C. One Six year Senate term and three Two Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension:

A congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security:

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund moves to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, Congress participates with the American people.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan just as all Americans..

5.. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress looses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Congress must equally abide in all laws they impose on the American people..

8. All contracts with past and present congressmen are void effective 1/1/11..

The American people did not make this contract with congressmen, congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

Perhaps if our Congress had to live under the laws that they create, they would create better laws.

yep uhhh nope

Knoxville, TN

#44 Feb 5, 2010
mgtythor wrote:
I wish that we could find a Senator to introduce this bill in the US Senate and a Representative to introduce a simular bill in the U.S. House.
Congressional Reform Act Of 2009:
1. Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below.
A. Two Six year Senate terms
B. Six Two year House terms
C. One Six year Senate term and three Two Year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension:
A congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security:
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund moves to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan just as all Americans..
5.. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress looses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide in all laws they impose on the American people..
8. All contracts with past and present congressmen are void effective 1/1/11..
The American people did not make this contract with congressmen, congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.
Perhaps if our Congress had to live under the laws that they create, they would create better laws.
I agree with your ideas. However if your bill was enacted as law.......who would run??

“Its me again lol”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#45 Feb 6, 2010
It dont matter health care changes are dead.
Overtaxed

Duffield, VA

#46 Feb 6, 2010
randyinsneedvegas wrote:
It dont matter health care changes are dead.
Unfortunately. this is probably true, SO, one person in America will LOSE their health insurance coverage every 13 MINUTES, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Companies will continue to raise employees' cost share of their healthcare insurance every year, insurance companies will continue to raise premiums every year. The companies will continue to dump those THEY determine to have had a "preexisting" condition without oversight. Those who get sick without insurance will continue to file bankruptcy and then file for medicaid, which the taxpayers will continue to pay at ever more unmanagable levels, and those who refuse to spend what they have spent a lifetime WORKING for to get medicaid will CONTINUE TO DIE.
Meanwhile, the insurance companies will continue to see record profits and give record bonuses to their executives.(look at how the stock of these companies have behaved since health reform foundered)
American taxpayers will continue to fund universal healthcare for the citizens of Iraq as our citizens do without.

I hope those who blocked any meaningful reform, 40 republican senators and those democrat senators who held up the bill for sweetheart deals for their states, remember those they have bankrupted and those they have killed EVERY NIGHT for the rest of their lives and, it is a good thing I have nothing to do with the judgement day.
buku

Oak Ridge, TN

#47 Feb 6, 2010
i agree ot,its so simple even a fool can see it.i see that.

“Its me again lol”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#48 Feb 6, 2010
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately. this is probably true, SO, one person in America will LOSE their health insurance coverage every 13 MINUTES, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Companies will continue to raise employees' cost share of their healthcare insurance every year, insurance companies will continue to raise premiums every year. The companies will continue to dump those THEY determine to have had a "preexisting" condition without oversight. Those who get sick without insurance will continue to file bankruptcy and then file for medicaid, which the taxpayers will continue to pay at ever more unmanagable levels, and those who refuse to spend what they have spent a lifetime WORKING for to get medicaid will CONTINUE TO DIE.
Meanwhile, the insurance companies will continue to see record profits and give record bonuses to their executives.(look at how the stock of these companies have behaved since health reform foundered)
American taxpayers will continue to fund universal healthcare for the citizens of Iraq as our citizens do without.
I hope those who blocked any meaningful reform, 40 republican senators and those democrat senators who held up the bill for sweetheart deals for their states, remember those they have bankrupted and those they have killed EVERY NIGHT for the rest of their lives and, it is a good thing I have nothing to do with the judgement day.
I understand what you mean. But if they could pass a true bill it would be good. Thats the problem a true bill not loaded with pork and sweetheart deals cant be passed.
I Miss Him

Morristown, NJ

#49 Apr 1, 2010
correction wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no no no. The sucking sound you hear is the Bush oil empire still sucking oil out of Iraq.........you know the country Bush Invaded, killed hundreds of thousands of Iraq people in the name of "weapons of mass destruction", then did not EVEN pretend to find any. If we had back what BUSH spent on that decieving war, we could provide health coverage for all our citizens that don't have any for a LONG, LONG time!!! But then ya'll already know that.
I thought we were supposed to move on? I'd take Bush for another 4 years over 1 more month of Obamaanation!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Temptations Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Temptations: Classic soul sound still rolli... (Nov '10) Mar '12 WAYNE M 6
News Enchilada fiesta to debut eating oompetition (Jul '11) Jul '11 lcnative 4
News Motown gems come alive (Mar '11) Mar '11 Marc 1
News Motown's legendary Temptations to perform at Si... (May '10) Jun '10 val 4
News Blue Ridge Fest kicks off Friday night (May '10) May '10 Blue Ridge Outdoors 2
News Concert review: Temptations still full of soul,... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Not Racer 2
News Rosetta Mines performs 'An Evening of Praise' (Jul '09) Jul '09 Regina A 1
More from around the web