Enchilada fiesta to debut eating oomp...

Enchilada fiesta to debut eating oompetition

There are 4 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jul 23, 2011, titled Enchilada fiesta to debut eating oompetition. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The first enchilada eating contest and seven headlining music acts, including international superstars Los Tigres del Norte, could make this year's The Whole Enchilada Fiesta one to remember.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

“ keep the loonies on the path.”

Since: Aug 10

Detroit

#1 Jul 23, 2011
Are they still calling Mr. Estrada a "hero"? He gets more than enough free advertising. I for one feel that the eating contest should be themed the "ram it down their throats" spectacular. The whole city council and puppet master Ken could officiate an event where they make people swallow things they do not like.
letitbeHuman

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jul 26, 2011
Guess they're running out of ideas, performers, public interest and REVENUE. I have to agree with you. Our town attitude doesn't suffice City Admin mentality.

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

#3 Jul 26, 2011
oompetition...lol
lcnative

United States

#4 Jul 27, 2011
That competition ought to last the entire weekend with as many obese people here that gorge on mexican food. Guess it will be good though, everyone will be in that line rather than taking up space in other areas of the festival. Mr. Estrada ought to use his money to hire polite staff and repave his drive-thru it's all rather pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Temptations Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Temptations: Classic soul sound still rolli... (Nov '10) Mar '12 WAYNE M 6
News Motown gems come alive (Mar '11) Mar '11 Marc 1
News Motown's legendary Temptations to perform at Si... (May '10) Jun '10 val 4
News Blue Ridge Fest kicks off Friday night (May '10) May '10 Blue Ridge Outdoors 2
News finally some one asked him the question! (Nov '09) Apr '10 I Miss Him 49
News Concert review: Temptations still full of soul,... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Not Racer 2
News Rosetta Mines performs 'An Evening of Praise' (Jul '09) Jul '09 Regina A 1
More from around the web