Dame Julie Andrews: The tills aren't alive for the sound of her 75th birthday

Aug 29, 2010 Full story: Telegraph.co.uk

Dame Julie Andrews turns 75 in October and the BBC had hoped to celebrate the milestone with a lavish television tribute.

Full Story
Diane

Wellington, New Zealand

#1 Aug 29, 2010
And why shouldn't we.... I would expect it. This is a very extordinary legend you are talking about here. All her life she has touched the hearts of millions of people both young and old. No only in her film, tv, singing and book careers but also in her humanitarian work. People from all walks of life and countries around the world know and love this truely remarkable, compansionate woman.. Please lets have a tribute befitting this great Dame who happily just wants to be known as Julie or Jules. I for one (a huge fan) will be watching and waiting.
Lorena Pimentel

Manaus, Brazil

#2 Aug 29, 2010
I saw 'Hooray, horray' to this wonderful idea. The single fact that Julie Andrews is one of the very last legends of her craft should be enough reason for a tribute. Let's truly cross fingers and hope for such a celebration. Here's to this brilliant, remarkable lady and her upcoming 75th's birthday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Sound of Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Sound of Music LEGO Version! Jul '14 Josiah Nelson 1
Von Trapp family disappointed in Carrie Underwo... (Dec '13) Feb '14 dmw 3
TV picks for Dec. 5:  "The Sound of Musi... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Mary Nganga 1
Profiles in History to Auction Costumes From th... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Colleen smith 1
Lucille Ball polka dot dress sold for $168K (Aug '13) Aug '13 Brandt 1
Christopher Plummer Earns Eugene O'Neill Theate... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Mary 1
Carrie Underwood at the 2011 Academy of Country... (Dec '12) Dec '12 dallaservin 2
•••
•••

The Sound of Music People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••