Indies & Arties: 'Rocky Horror Pictur...

Indies & Arties: 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'

There are 3 comments on the Express story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Indies & Arties: 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'. In it, Express reports that:

In the 1970s, men were men, ladies were ladies and squares were squares. And when they encountered haunted mansions on rainy nights after running into car trouble, they put up a good 25 minutes of fight before succumbing to the charms of transsexual vampires from faraway planets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Express.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Jul 23, 2010
This was a raucous romp through transgenderland! But that's all it was. A plot it ain't got! Tim whatshisname was more of a Drag Queen ala Rupaul, than a Transexual. No boys and girls, They're not the same thing! It's fun! But that's all it is. The trouble is; Too many people get their "Trans" education from things like this. "Some Like It Hot"
was another Transgender romp that bore little similiarity to the real lives of real Transexuals.
Regards, Terry

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2 Jul 23, 2010
TerryE wrote:
This was a raucous romp through transgenderland! But that's all it was. A plot it ain't got! Tim whatshisname was more of a Drag Queen ala Rupaul, than a Transexual. No boys and girls, They're not the same thing! It's fun! But that's all it is. The trouble is; Too many people get their "Trans" education from things like this. "Some Like It Hot"
was another Transgender romp that bore little similiarity to the real lives of real Transexuals.
Regards, Terry
This was one weird movie that made little sense to me.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#3 Jul 24, 2010
It was light hearted fun. In a way! But it plants the seeds that TSes are merely murderous, bisexual, scheming, fetish victims with a weird sense of humor. At the time it was entertainment, now it's a slur! It's in the same class as the TSes who go on the Jerry Springer show.
Regards, Terry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Let's do the time warp again! Rocky Horror rema... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News Laverne Cox on What Made Her Apprehensive About... (Oct '16) Oct '16 TerriB1 1
NYC 10/14/16 showing question (Oct '16) Oct '16 SarahSpitfire 1
News Singer Meat Loaf collapses on stage at concert ... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Meat Loaf FanBoy 1
News Barry Bostwick to Appear in BECAUSEHECAN at 33r... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Bus Riley 1
News For mature eyes only (Sep '06) Mar '14 Not me 3
News Halloween enhanced showing of "The Rocky Horror... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Here Is One 1
More from around the web