Keanu Reeves' time for 'Crime'

Keanu Reeves' time for 'Crime'

There are 20 comments on the Variety story from Aug 31, 2009, titled Keanu Reeves' time for 'Crime'. In it, Variety reports that:

Keanu Reeves will star in and produce "Henry's Crime," a Malcolm Venville-directed romantic comedy that will begin production in November in Buffalo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Variety.

An American in London

Barking, UK

#1 Sep 1, 2009
Gervasi and Reeves working together is stellar news! Friends till the end.
An American in London

Barking, UK

#2 Sep 1, 2009
Gervasi’s ‘Anvil’ was such a good flick so he and Reeves working together is stellar news.

I'm adding information that was in the Movieweb article but chose the Screenhead article to start the thread for general comment because it has a smiling Reeves pic attached, and that's always a good thing!

“Keanu Reeves is set to star in Henry’s Crime, a Malcolm Venville-directed romantic comedy which he will also produce.

According to Variety, the project is poised to become the first picture in production for Company Films, the banner Reeves runs with Stephen Hamel.

In the Capraesque romantic comedy scripted by Sacha Gervasi, Reeves will play a bighearted man who is falsely accused of robbing a bank in Buffalo.

The film will begin production in November in Buffalo.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 1, 2009
The best part about this announcement is that it's not just an announcement, but that they're actually going to begin filming in a mere two-plus months. Also it's a leading part. Lots of face time, hahaha

Yippee!!

“"TO Thine Own Self Be True"”

Since: Aug 08

Houston,TX

#5 Sep 1, 2009
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Mr.Reeves on your company's first film
Henry's Crime,I'm so happy for you.......
Wishing You & Mr.Hamel Happiness & Prosperity
for Company Films......;)
Donna

United States

#6 Sep 1, 2009
I'm glad he's doing this, I was afraid he was going to do Passengers. Did Hamel write the script?

“Keanu Rocks”

Since: Sep 08

Southampton

#7 Sep 1, 2009
i thought i would post a clip of my fave scene in a movie, it makes me laugh, and soz it has not got ke in it!!

Not good quality soz!!

Location hidden

#8 Sep 1, 2009
bungeegee wrote:
i thought i would post a clip of my fave scene in a movie, it makes me laugh, and soz it has not got ke in it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GSooBHlR0jcXX
Not good quality soz!!
The kids thought the "f" bomb (at the end) was the funniest of all.

Of course they walked in half-way through and I thought it was just beating the hell out of each other so I let them watch the zombie get f'd up.... LOLOL

Hey I bought the B movie box set of Frankenstein, Dracula and The Wolfman and The Mummy (Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi and Ion Chaney Jr.) for the kids. They have yet to watch any of them. I remember staying up 'til midnight when I was their age to watch that stuff. They're still too scared.??? Maybe I'm just a sick parent. LOLOL

Location hidden

#9 Sep 1, 2009
Mooo-wha-hahahhaha!

&fe ature=PlayList&p=7CB61AA00 C53112F&index=0&playne xt=1
luke

Villa Park, IL

#10 Sep 1, 2009
hej, sorry to change subject, but does anyone know what happened today in court with him?

Since: Dec 06

Jackson Heights, NY

#11 Sep 1, 2009
Buffalo,huh?
An American in London wrote:
Gervasi’s ‘Anvil’ was such a good flick so he and Reeves working together is stellar news.
I'm adding information that was in the Movieweb article but chose the Screenhead article to start the thread for general comment because it has a smiling Reeves pic attached, and that's always a good thing!
“Keanu Reeves is set to star in Henry’s Crime, a Malcolm Venville-directed romantic comedy which he will also produce.
According to Variety, the project is poised to become the first picture in production for Company Films, the banner Reeves runs with Stephen Hamel.
In the Capraesque romantic comedy scripted by Sacha Gervasi, Reeves will play a bighearted man who is falsely accused of robbing a bank in Buffalo.
The film will begin production in November in Buffalo.”
Donna

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Sep 1, 2009
Yeah, he has to give his DNA.

He's doing Henry's Crime, don't you think it's odd that both Dennis Cooper and Tobi gave their Keanu like characters the name Henry? I just thought it was interesting. I mean Hamal wrote the script and he's known Keanu for years. Perhaps Keanu used to use the name Henry when he registered at hotels or something? Maybe when he was playing the Prince Hal character...he thought of himself as Henry?

“Keanu Rocks”

Southampton

#13 Sep 2, 2009
or its just a coincedence? not everything is a conspiricy.
Gypsy

United States

#14 Sep 6, 2009
Donna wrote:
Yeah, he has to give his DNA.
He's doing Henry's Crime, don't you think it's odd that both Dennis Cooper and Tobi gave their Keanu like characters the name Henry? I just thought it was interesting. I mean Hamal wrote the script and he's known Keanu for years. Perhaps Keanu used to use the name Henry when he registered at hotels or something? Maybe when he was playing the Prince Hal character...he thought of himself as Henry?
Gotta jump in here Donna. He doesn't have to give his DNA, it was not court ordered. I think he just wants this to end so he decided to go ahead an do it. If it comes back as a "Yes", Im sure he'll do the right thing, whatever law requires, after all, the kids are to big to go an toss around a baseball with daddy. If he is not the father of any of the children, I hope Sala relizes that she should seek the real dad. Possible a man with No Money, who knows, seems she has a major prob tryin to figure out how many guys she bedded with. How sad for the grown children. Its all about the money my dear....Do the math!
Gypsy

United States

#15 Sep 6, 2009
Now back to the subject. Henrys Crime, Oh Sounds So Good. I still hope he does a western sometime in the future. Cowboy hat an boots. Yeah Baby!!!

PS. I still hope Passengers is a go...

Location hidden

#16 Sep 6, 2009
I hope something is a go and soon. Henry's Crime sounds like fun.

“Keanu Rocks”

Southampton

#17 Sep 6, 2009
Its been a while since I saw ke in the cinema. Hurry up MAN and make some movies!!! lol
OnlyBeMe mobil

Pliening, Germany

#18 Sep 7, 2009
Andromeda-1 wrote:
I remember staying up 'til midnight when I was their age to watch that stuff
I remember I was always looking under my bed after the film, to see if anyone/anything was there:) Today I would say, that I still scare about certain movies, but I think that it's normal (hopefully:). Dracula belongs to my favorites.

“Keanu Rocks”

Southampton

#19 Sep 7, 2009
I love scary movies, they make me feel soo scared that afterwards I feel good!!

Location hidden

#20 Sep 7, 2009
I like suspense/thrillers. But I gave up on scarey, like the Exorcist style stuff. That stuff *really* freaks me out.(I loved Constantine, but I wasn't thrilled about the exorcism in the beginning.)

I won't do slasher.

“Keanu Rocks”

Southampton

#21 Sep 8, 2009
I am soo anithnatised to them now, do not affect me, there is only one film that scares the hell outta me, event horizan!! brrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ryan Reynolds from The Green Lantern at Scream ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 cali 1
News Keanu Reeves gets personal (Sep '09) Feb '10 Britney 82
News Reeves paternity case dismissed (Jan '10) Jan '10 Lola 3
News Robin Wright and Keanu Reeves expose 'The Priva... (Dec '09) Dec '09 samantha 1
News Refn talks Jekyll (Sep '09) Oct '09 OnlyBeMe 24
News Toronto Notebook: Of Keanu and Karaoke (Sep '09) Sep '09 LucaM 60
News Keanu, Colin and Clive: Getting close to my cel... (Sep '09) Sep '09 bungeegee 13
More from around the web