First look: 'Christmas Carol' weak; 'Precious' soars

Full story: Zap2it.com

Audiences said a surprising "humbug" to big-budget family fare this weekend while embracing one of the most grim and serious movies of the year.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2009
Corey

Morganton, NC

#1 Nov 8, 2009
Maybe if there hadn't already been 100 adaptions to "A Christmas Carol" already. AND maybe if it wasn't in 3D! A regular movie ticket cost $8 plus the $3 3D charge. Thats $11 a person. For a family of four thats $44 not counting refreshments! And they wonder why it made very little money this weekend...
mushroom

Hilton, NY

#2 Nov 8, 2009
saw it, whatever you do, don't take little ones to see this movie, the little girl behind us cried throughout, very scary for them. as an adult was very disappointed in it-didn't like it at all. i agree with the first comment, way too expensive. noticed that nobody in our showing did not return their 3d glasses, probably figured they paid for them we'll just keep them, as we did, i hear 3d is coming to tv, i'm ready!
tvtv

Edmonds, WA

#3 Nov 9, 2009
It's too early for a Christmas move although I'd like to see it. Maybe over Thanksgiving.
Gab and Dad

Toronto, Canada

#4 Nov 9, 2009
See an adorable 7yr.-old's review of Christmas Carol:

See gal-pals discuss The Fourth Kind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Polar Express Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disney sinks 'Yellow Submarine' redo, 'Vampire ... (Mar '11) Jun '11 A Yoko Ono fan 2
Weekly Ketchup: Jeremy Renner Is the New Bourne... (Apr '11) Apr '11 SocratesDaNeoBeatnik 1
Lose your Scrooge on the Polar Express train (Dec '09) Jan '10 just wondering 3
Families take 'magical journey' aboard The Pola... (Nov '09) Jan '10 guest 8
'Disney's A Christmas Carol' needs more emotion (Nov '09) Dec '09 Grandma 3
10 Things Parents Should Know about Disney's A ... (Dec '09) Dec '09 smurfz 2
Polar Express Movie (Nov '09) Nov '09 rfl72243 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

The Polar Express People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••