'Mummy' actor John and his family head for the sun

Dec 17, 2008 Full story: Hellomagazine.com 8

Feeling the sand under his bare feet and with his four-year-old daughter riding on his shoulders John Hannah can't have a care in the world.

Full Story
marianne gannaway

New Zealand

#1 Apr 11, 2009
hi.....
i can still hardly contain myself....i was having my usual saturday lunch at my favourite humble cafe in small napier (a wee city in new zealand), and i just kept looking at this guy...that i was sooo sure was john hannah!! so on a 'pretend' trip to the loo (toilet)...i nervously asked him if he was indeed 'john hannah'........he only had to speak in that beautiful accent and voice...to confirm my suspisions. i made quite a 'dick' of myself....wanting to ask him what he was doing here ...but i just mumbled out that i loved his programmes....and told him i wouldnt make a fuss!...i recognized his wife as an actor too...but wasnt sure who she was......the looked so lovely as a family....and i heard him telling his children to eat up there fruit so they would grow big and strong!!
.......i could barely see straight for the rest of the day...and just wish my mobile phone had a camera....but i really wouldnt want to have disrupted his family holiday....or what ever he was doing here...in new zealand.....i would really love to know!
thanks for listening...i have checked our local papers...but it seems that our john hannah celebrity has snuck into napier without any 'aware' media
...good for him!

marianne gannaway
Lyn

Tauranga, New Zealand

#2 May 3, 2009
I didn't think there could be anyone else a john hannah fan..........but lucky you for spotting him & his family & having a plan to approach him & not feel a dick! What a thrill. I was out of town & thought it was a joke when my family sent me a text. We always have a laugh about seeing someone famous & so you did!
Good for him to be able to slip in & out of town on holiday & not have the media on his tail. At least he knows he's got one fan!
Fiona

Hamilton, New Zealand

#3 May 16, 2009
I saw John Hannah in Borders in Auckland yesterday. Aw, he's lovely alright....didn't want to bother him by saying hello but it sure was good to see the man in the flesh...so to speak :)
Hamish

Auckland, New Zealand

#4 Jun 18, 2009
Yeah yeah! I saw him on Vincent Street in Auckland yesterday. Kind of did a double take.
Sandra

Auckland, New Zealand

#5 Jul 11, 2009
I just saw him in Eastridge Shopping Centre, Mission Bay. Didn't even realise he was in New Zealand. Cool Guy!
David Morris

New Zealand

#6 Sep 6, 2009
We saw John Hannah in 'de fontein' Belgian bar in Mission Bay Auckland yesterday. Decided to leave him be, as hed had his iPod on and was reading something. Sent excited text to a friend, who then egged me to get autograph for him, but by the time I got there, some Chinese tourists had taken his picture and he'd left.
John

Invercargill, New Zealand

#8 Aug 26, 2010
John Hannah is back in NZ. i recognised him (he was with his family) walking down High Street. Nice to know that everyone just leaves him alone to enjoy some semblance of a normal life.
Amber

Auckland, New Zealand

#9 Sep 5, 2010
I saw him having lunch yesterday in Whenuapai West Auckland! I looked at him then thought to myself hmmmm i know that face took me a while to remember where I knew the face from!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Mummy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would you like Ergo baby? (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ergobabycarrieron... 1
vote for my daughter (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kinga 1
Muumy Project (Jan '12) Jan '12 Hadas 1
How to draw a crowd in North Carolina: Put some... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Rabbe yehoshooah... 1
Tired mum (Feb '11) Feb '11 busybee 1
The Art of Hammer (Nov '10) Nov '10 Alvin A 1
Talking with Brendan Fraser about 'Inkheart' (Jan '09) May '10 Angelique 3
More from around the web