David Bowie's 65 birthday: 50 crazy facts and bizarre myths

Jan 7, 2012 Read more: Mirror.co.uk 22

2 Did Bowie help start the credit crunch? BBC journalist Evan Davis suggests he may have had a role.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Conroe, TX

#1 Jan 8, 2012
I always love hearing anything about David Bowie, as long as it's positive, and if it's not, there is physical evidence to back up whatever is said. I LOVE THIS MAN WITH ALL MY HEART!!!

Love always
Jackie
ELIA

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jan 8, 2012
BEST WISHES, MAY GOD KEEP YOU SAFE !

http://www.godtube.com/watch/...
Jesus of Nazareth in 3 minutes
Video -Original music & lyrics by singer David Anthony

&fe ature=related
Same Singer - COMMENTS

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#3 Jan 8, 2012
Happy Birthday David..love your outfits, you are the coolest Rock and Roll dresser ever...Can ya hear me Major Tom...?
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#4 Jan 8, 2012
How time flies. Davide's one of the best. Put on them red shoes and "lets dance"!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Rockin' USA ;)

#5 Jan 9, 2012
60s chic wrote:
How time flies. Davide's one of the best. Put on them red shoes and "lets dance"!
RIGHT ON 60's chic!!! I love his voice, unique..how ya been??

“Never summon "Anything" ....”

Since: Feb 11

..... you can't banish, lol

#6 Jan 9, 2012
He has two different coloured eyes.
I have a lot of his old stuff with Mick Ronson.

Conroe, TX

#7 Jan 9, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
He has two different coloured eyes.
I have a lot of his old stuff with Mick Ronson.
They are the same color. He was punched in the eye by friend George Underwood whose finger nail was lodged in David Bowie's eye. As a result his left pupil is permanently dilated giving it the look of a different color.

“Never summon "Anything" ....”

Since: Feb 11

..... you can't banish, lol

#8 Jan 9, 2012
tigger31086 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are the same color. He was punched in the eye by friend George Underwood whose finger nail was lodged in David Bowie's eye. As a result his left pupil is permanently dilated giving it the look of a different color.
That's right! In fact I was going to comment that he was punched in the eye but I didn't remember the details, thanks!

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jan 9, 2012
rebel rebel...

Conroe, TX

#10 Jan 10, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right! In fact I was going to comment that he was punched in the eye but I didn't remember the details, thanks!
You're welcome Fish_sticks! There are actually two stories about it that are exactly the same, but with one difference. One says Underwood's nail was lodged in David Bowie's eye and another says Underwood's ring did the damage. I'm pretty sure the one about his nail is more of the truth than the other since, first, it is the one most repeated, and second, I've got a hard time believing that a ring could do that much damage to his pupil, unless the punch was just that severe, which I don't think it was.
Friend

Escalon, CA

#11 Jan 10, 2012
Remember when they pumped a quart of seaman from his stomach?

“South Louisiana”

very small

#12 Jan 10, 2012
I think that was Rod Stewart lol
Friend wrote:
Remember when they pumped a quart of seaman from his stomach?

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jan 10, 2012
Rentman1 wrote:
I think that was Rod Stewart lol<quoted text>
and here i thought it was barry manlow...
Friend

Escalon, CA

#14 Jan 10, 2012
Rentman1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think that was Rod Stewart lol
oh yeah it was Rod! I'm sure Bowie has had some thing pumped our of him! Lol

“South Louisiana”

very small

#15 Jan 10, 2012
Could of been him too lol.
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>and here i thought it was barry manlow...

“Is that you?”

Since: Aug 11

Is that me?

#17 Jan 10, 2012
Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies.
Mick Jagger

Medford, NY

#19 Jan 10, 2012
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Follow me on this for a minute.....the year was 1983, I had won a top sales award from Volvo Cars North America and flew the red eye (overnight flight) from New York city to Goteborg Sweden to accept the award and tour the factory. Morning I arrived in Sweden all I wanted was to check into my room and catch a few hours of zzzz's.
Here comes the azzhole David Bowie part....he had done a concert the night before in Goteborg, had rented the entire floor with which my little room was on, his pack of fools traveling with him had trashed several rooms and yours truly spent most of that long day in the lobby waiting for my little room to be made anew.
29 years later and yet to spend a cent to buy his music.
Sounds like you were under pressure.

Conroe, TX

#20 Jan 10, 2012
Mick Jagger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you were under pressure.
LOL! Definitely agree with YOU!

Conroe, TX

#21 Jan 10, 2012
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Follow me on this for a minute.....the year was 1983, I had won a top sales award from Volvo Cars North America and flew the red eye (overnight flight) from New York city to Goteborg Sweden to accept the award and tour the factory. Morning I arrived in Sweden all I wanted was to check into my room and catch a few hours of zzzz's.
Here comes the azzhole David Bowie part....he had done a concert the night before in Goteborg, had rented the entire floor with which my little room was on, his pack of fools traveling with him had trashed several rooms and yours truly spent most of that long day in the lobby waiting for my little room to be made anew.
Poor baby you didn't get your room? I'm sure it was probably expensive and you may not have gotten your money back, but shit happens. I'm sure you were able to sleep somewhere and still got your precious award. Be thankful for that. I know a change in plan does not sit well with some people, but if that's all you've got to complain about then you've got it pretty good.

Have a nice day :)

Conroe, TX

#22 Jan 10, 2012
Harrison Freebird wrote:
Poor baby you didn't get your room? I'm sure is was probably expensive and you may not have gotten your money back, but shit happens. I know change in schedule is not well accepted by some people, but I bet you found another place to sleep and still got your precious award. Be thankful for that. If that's all you've got to complain about than you've got it pretty good.

Have a good day :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Man Who Fell to Earth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seven must-sees at David Bowie Is... exhibit (Oct '13) Oct '13 tigger31086 1
News David Bowie's original stage costumes, instrume... (Oct '13) Oct '13 tigger31086 1
News Moby Gave Up Drinking Because Someone Stole His... (Oct '13) Oct '13 tigger31086 1
News Losing David Bowie's Hat Convinced Moby To Stop... (Sep '13) Sep '13 tigger31086 1
News Milwaukee movies off the grid: Sept. 27-Oct. 3 (Sep '13) Sep '13 tigger31086 1
News Single tickets for the AGO's must-see exhibitio... (Aug '13) Aug '13 tigger31086 1
News Head to Lincoln Center for David Bowie Film Fes... (Aug '13) Aug '13 tigger31086 1
More from around the web