Legendary actor Paul Newman dies at a...

Legendary actor Paul Newman dies at age 83

There are 22 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 27, 2008, titled Legendary actor Paul Newman dies at age 83. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Paul Newman, the Academy-Award winning superstar who personified cool as an activist, race car driver, popcorn impresario and the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money," has ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

420 DuDe

Since: Feb 08

ST.Paul, MN

#1 Sep 27, 2008
RIP Paul ...From a BIG fan

Cool Hand Luke ....The Sting...& others

PEACE
Another big fan

El Paso, TX

#2 Sep 27, 2008
He was a mighty fine actor. I thoroughly enjoyed all his work. He deserved all the awards he got. Plus he was married for a long time to the same woman, a rarity in Hollywood nowadays. RIP, dear man.
TheOgre

Hastings, MN

#3 Sep 27, 2008
RIP "Butch"

You were "the BEST"
Brooke

San Francisco, CA

#4 Sep 27, 2008
RIP. You were a great man.
RipSaw88

Cottage Grove, MN

#5 Sep 27, 2008
Didnt know the man, but I liked his work on the big screen.
Sharon

Irvington, KY

#6 Sep 27, 2008
I liked your early work--Cool Hand Luke, but
truly ENJOYED you and your acting in ALL your
later movies..You were and have left us with
great works. God Speed.

Elizabethtown, Ky
Poland bless You

Zielonki, Poland

#7 Sep 27, 2008
You were ? NO you are big man "Butch" for my.Polen bless You Paul
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Sep 27, 2008
What a fine, fine actor. I always thought that he got "robbed" when he didn't an Oscar for The Verdict (his best performance, IMHO).

RIP, Mr. Newman.,

Since: Aug 08

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Sep 27, 2008
Good bye Cool Hand Luke.
My condolences to your daughter and family and thanks for the all the great free candy you gave me.
I will never forget the time you whipped me at pool.
We have lost a great American, a great man, and a truly wonderful human being.
What

Eau Claire, WI

#10 Sep 27, 2008
Slap Shot....great movie!!!
Casey

Oceanside, CA

#11 Sep 27, 2008
Besides his artistic brilliance which lives on in films, and the unusual long-term marriage, I'm hoping all his charitable entities will live on and expand, without their figurehead. He wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Probably the best tribute would be for those who gave in the past to keep on giving, and more.
Dave

Daly City, CA

#12 Sep 27, 2008
The only Liberal I ever loved. You will be missed very much Paul. Thank you for all you did.
Robert Redford

United States

#13 Sep 27, 2008
Adios Partner.
Tybalt

Capron, IL

#14 Sep 27, 2008
R.I.P.
Lovin The Humanitarian

Dothan, AL

#15 Sep 27, 2008
This Man was a good example and role model for all his hard work, ethics, and life. He was so very loved by so many people.
America in Decline

Belmont, CA

#17 Sep 27, 2008
Paul Newman was definitely an American icon for his film work, he knew how to live the good life, and was even a good capitalist.

RIP.
art langley

Tulsa, OK

#18 Sep 27, 2008
LookyHereeeeeeeeee wrote:
One less NoBama voter... next on deck.. Teddy I'll drink to that, Kennedy.
you have got to be a bastard child, do you know who your daddy was? you are an complete idiot, he had more class in his little finger, than your whole misfit family together, you should had been aborted.
Barry Obamma

Killeen, TX

#19 Sep 27, 2008
art langley wrote:
<quoted text>you have got to be a **** child, do you know who your daddy was? you are an complete idiot, he had more class in his little finger, than your whole misfit family together, you should had been aborted.
The only thing teddy ever used his fingers for is measuring how much bourbon was in his glass. Well, that and killing an innocent girl...
patontheback2

Sunnyvale, CA

#20 Sep 27, 2008
420 DuDe wrote:
RIP Paul ...From a BIG fan
Cool Hand Luke ....The Sting...& others
PEACE
Great pic.!:)

“PLEASE FINISH SCHOOL”

Since: Sep 08

EL PASO

#21 Sep 27, 2008
LookyHereeeeeeeeee wrote:
One less NoBama voter... next on deck.. Teddy I'll drink to that, Kennedy.
i appreciate you tainting a somewhat nice forum, you need to go back to the sandbox and play with your sh*t. dickhead. RIP paul, ill buy some of your GREAT CABERNET SAUVIGNON TONIGHT AND TOAST YOUR LUMINOUS CAREER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Long, Hot Summer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Don Johnson to Join London's Guys and Dolls in ... (Nov '06) Feb '13 Scotty 12
Long Hot Summer Movie (Apr '09) Apr '09 Madeline Spain 2
News Don Johnson starred in TV's 'Long Hot Summer' (Jan '09) Mar '09 Christine 6
News Newman and Woodward (Oct '08) Oct '08 Ray 1
News Legendary actor Paul Newman dies at age 83 (Sep '08) Sep '08 FL Native 32
More from around the web