In the Realm of the 66th Golden Globes

In the Realm of the 66th Golden Globes

There are 1 comment on the GreenCine Daily story from Jan 12, 2009, titled In the Realm of the 66th Golden Globes. In it, GreenCine Daily reports that:

Click here for the lowdown on last night's Golden Globe winners, and then read on for some kneejerk thoughts that struck me while fast-forwarding through most of the show , especially the TV-award segments: ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GreenCine Daily.

jay in Detroit

Orem, UT

#1 Feb 22, 2009
Well Greatest Show on Earth was the first movie I ever saw, as well, Mr. Spielberg. I'll never forget the train wreck action sequence. And if anybody knows the details of how it was filmed, I sure wish they'd enlighten me. What kind of model train? Lionel? O Gage? Was it filmed directly on the destination format of 35 mm, or first in 16 mm and then transferred? Was the smoke from the locomotive added with matted animation or is that a rotoscope? How much was the camera overcranked? Did lens choice play a role in producing the effect?

The talented schemers who did the work are probably all deceased now. But if anyone knows these insider secrets, I'd love to be informed. [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Greatest Show on Earth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On This Day: First TV Broadcast of the Oscars (Mar '09) Mar '10 conorian 5
News Happy Birthday, Cecil B. DeMille, Hollywood Dir... (Aug '09) Aug '09 author55 5
News Spielberg receives Cecil B. DeMille Award (Jan '09) Jan '09 Steve Gaines 2
News Luminaries Attend Heston's Funeral (Apr '08) Apr '08 andet1987 5
News Some of Charlton Heston's major film roles (Apr '08) Apr '08 jonnywad 1
News The Greatest Show on Earth kicks off 138th extr... (Feb '08) Feb '08 Debra in Davie 2
News Entertainers earn Ring of Fame honor (Jul '07) Jul '07 Michelangelo Nock 1
More from around the web