Ask the Incredible Inman | Pool shots

Feb 2, 2011 Full story: The Courier-Journal

Mr. Dave: I'm looking for an old movie with Alan Ladd. He is a gangster or involved with gangsters.

Full Story
Barry Melvin

Tualatin, OR

#1 Feb 5, 2011
On your question to Mr. Dave about looking for an old movie with Alan Ladd who is a gangster and is involved with gangsters.
The name of the movie is "Lucky Jordan" made in 1942. It was recently shown on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) last month on Jan. 26th. Its never been shown on TCM before. Good, fast-paced story of Ladd a gangster, involved with gangsters, but changes his mind half way through movie and turns "good guy" and "patriotic" against Nazi agents during World War II.
I'm a devoted Alan Ladd fan, been for many years. I know all of his films, when they were made, etc. There is no known DVD out that is available on this film. Hope in future that more Alan Ladd films will be shown on TCM. His early films, made in 40's and early 50's are all from Paramount Studios which are reluctant to release their entire library of films to the public, hence most of their films have not been shown on TCM.
john taylor canada

Dawson Creek, Canada

#2 Feb 10, 2011
I am an OAP;my earliest memory was "I was born in 1945 - did I have anything to the end of WW2",but the other,much more pleasant was "cowboys and indian" and I fully expected to be a walking around
Tomestone,or Deadwood to take action and do justide.sound's a bit lane now?if it did then take
your computer or xbox try really playing with out any electronic.remove the lethargic child and get
him or her to get them to physically with lots of
running and jumping;no,not in the school but in the street.I do miss actors like Alan Ladd and Glen
Ford!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Great Gatsby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Academy Awards Preview (Feb '14) Feb '14 EdmondWA 3
Twitter contest: Win a prize winner hat from Al... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Uwe Wagner 1
In today's pop culture, having staying power is... (Aug '13) Aug '13 tigger31086 1
In today's pop culture, having staying power is... (Aug '13) Aug '13 tigger31086 1
Pop culture dominance is a fickle thing, even f... (Aug '13) Aug '13 tigger31086 1
About Daisy in The Great Gatsby (Jul '13) Jul '13 luis g vergara 1
'Trek' does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes (May '13) May '13 Old Sam 1
•••
•••

The Great Gatsby People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••